'19 FL QB Brian Maurer (Tennessee signee)

FWIW... Brian hasn't said a peep about Harrison's commitment... that silence speaks loudly.

I'm not going to judge a kid just because people on the internet don't believe he tweets correctly. To be clear, he didn't tweet anything negative. People are dissappointed that he didn't post enough of those fire emojis.

I'm not going to judge a kid just because people on the internet don't believe he tweets correctly. To be clear, he didn't tweet anything negative. People are dissappointed that he didn't post enough of those fire emojis.
that's fair. but it is a departure from his normal behavior in regards to being "supportive" of good news for UTK football.

I think Maurer could potentially steal the job next year especially with his mobility and ability to extend plays.

JG looks like a QB who really needs a solid OL to be good. Shrout is a total mystery - all we know is he has an arm and that arm threw a lot of picks in his one full season of high school ball.

With yet another new OC coming in, meaning another new playbook to learn, starting QB job is up for the taking again.

IMO Maurer seems to have the ability and the mindset to pull it off.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
that's fair. but it is a departure from his normal behavior in regards to being "supportive" of good news for UTK football.

You can certainly be critical of him, but to say this one event "speaks loudly" about his character or his commitment to the overall success of the team is inappropriate.

Reactions: tatervol
Been watching more of this kid's tape... LOFL at a 3* ranking! Kid has a legit gun-slinger arm and seems to have a "bring it on" attitude, which we need.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Compare the QB room from this year to last. A more experienced JG. Shrout, who I’m sure won’t be content to just ride the bench. Then Mauer, who is obviously hungry and totally bought in to Tennessee. This QB competition will be fun to watch
this. and this is what Pruitt wants. real competition. and i think they'll get it.

Reactions: swchandler1988

VN Store

Back