Report: Top two candidates for OC are Lindsay and Eli Drinkwitz (Football Scoop)

Dave Doeren on Drinkwitz

“HE’S GOT PLAYS OFF OF PLAYS,” DOEREN SAID. “HE KNOWS WHAT HE’S LOOKING FOR WITHIN THE PLAY CALL FOR THE NEXT CALL. INSTEAD OF JUST CALLING A PLAY, I THINK HE’S LOOKING AT HOW YOU’RE DEFENDING IT AND KNOWS HOW TO ADJUST QUICKLY.
“THAT’S ONE THING I REALLY LIKE. IF WE’RE GOING TO BE IN A FORMATION, WE’RE GOING TO HAVE FOUR OR FIVE THINGS THAT’S GOING TO COME OUT OF IT BASED ON HOW THEY DEFEND IT AS OPPOSED TO ‘HEY, THEY DID A GOOD JOB, IT DIDN’T WORK.’ AT LEAST HE HAS THE ANSWERS I LIKE, WHERE YOU CAN HAVE A PLAY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HOW THEY’RE PLAYING IT.”

You realize those AD-produced bios are marketing material, right? Gotta do your own research and look for the bad too.
They’re also the actual record...and stats.

You know right? He did the same damn thing at Boise State and Arkansas State! Showed up right when their QBs turned up good! Don’t want any of that good luck shizz in K-Town.
First of all, I don't want to have to rely on luck. Second of all, I don't know what you're talking about. Who are these good QBs? Certainly not at Arkansas St and Rypien at Boise St wasn't anything to write home about. Arkansas St's offense got worse the year he was there. And so did Boise St's....

Or did he help develop Finley the last 3 years?
Perhaps some. But I think it's speculation to attribute any of it to him. It's not like he really has a track record of it. Finley is about the same player this year as he was last. And the biggest improvement from his first year was that he quit taking as many sacks.

I’d rather have Lindsay than Drinkwitz. His offense has been buoyed by Ryan Finley who is really good.

The Broncos, who went 9-4, ranked 15th in the county in both scoring (39.1 points per game) and total offense (501.3 yards per game). Freshman quarterback Brett Rypien stepped in for injured starter Ryan Finley in the third game and finished with 3,353 passing yards with 20 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Read more here: NC State hires new offensive coordinator

You read his bio and think he could be the guy?

Apparently my thoughts of UT as a Top program that should have the very best available and nothing more than the belief of a delusional old fan.

Hiring Dooley, Jones and Pruitt should have clued my dumbass in but sadly it didnt.

I might as well accept we are just another Georgia Tech, Minnesota or Baylor and not a ream with real aspirations of competing regularly for championships.

You realize those AD-produced bios are marketing material, right? Gotta do your own research and look for the bad too.
Please enlighten me, what dirt have you dug up. BTW I looked up the info from a couple of sources before posting. Not just he bio.

Let me go out on a limb here. Butch had good offensive credentials during his pre-Head Coaching history. Maybe he would prosper as a O.C. since a H.C. apparently is too much for him.
He also didnt know how a team should practice or how to develop players but sure have him call plays right?🙄

Apparently my thoughts of UT as a Top program that should have the very best available and nothing more than the belief of a delusional old fan.

Hiring Dooley, Jones and Pruitt should have clued my dumbass in but sadly it didnt.

I might as well accept we are just another Georgia Tech, Minnesota or Baylor and not a ream with real aspirations of competing regularly for championships.
Wah, because my team isnt hiring exactly who I want my team obviously has given up. Go duck yourself dude

Reactions: Behr and butchna
The Broncos, who went 9-4, ranked 15th in the county in both scoring (39.1 points per game) and total offense (501.3 yards per game). Freshman quarterback Brett Rypien stepped in for injured starter Ryan Finley in the third game and finished with 3,353 passing yards with 20 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Read more here: NC State hires new offensive coordinator
His QBR that year was good for 65th in the country. Boise St's offensive efficiency that year ranked 58th in the country....

First of all, I don't want to have to rely on luck. Second of all, I don't know what you're talking about. Who are these good QBs? Certainly not at Arkansas St and Rypien at Boise St wasn't anything to write home about. Arkansas St's offense got worse the year he was there. And so did Boise St's....
Stats seem pretty impressive...guess I’ll use your search engine and see if that changes things.

There are some seriously delusional people on this site Exactly what part of this thread lead to believe that everyone no longer cares about the outcome of this team? I cannot understand what the “we have to be instant national champions or we are a bust” crowd expect to happen. I am a relatively old fan myself, and I have seen this team at the top and as a very mediocre team as well. I guess I just have a different perspective than some.

Reactions: butchna
There are some seriously delusional people on this site Exactly what part of this thread lead to believe that everyone no longer cares about the outcome of this team? I cannot understand what the “we have to be instant national champions or we are a bust” crowd expect to happen. I am a relatively old fan myself, and I have seen this team at the top and as a very mediocre team as well. I guess I just have a different perspective than some.
Revisionist history is that we were a 10 win team from 79 on...nothing further from the truth. A 4 win stinker and 8 wins was a great season until the Sugar Vols. Then some more mediocre stink until the run started in 89. Makes one appreciate an honest building process and acknowledge instant fixes are fiction. What it DOESN’T do is reduce those fans who’ve rode that roller coaster.

Stats seem pretty impressive...guess I’ll use your search engine and see if that changes things.
They're useful to evaluate the those stats in a better context. On a per possession basis and discounted for garbage time and weighted based on the quality of the opponent. Putting up big numbers against terrible defenses in the MWC is great especially when you can lay them on in garbage time. But that's not very relavent to the SEC. Now the ACC is a different story. And I've noted that they've had a very good offense. How much of that is because they have an NFL QB or is because they have a great OC?

VN Store

Back