Rumors flying

There is no way they're bringing in Peyton Manning for anything other than a pep talk and tell us all how Pruitt is the guy. I believe he's told us 2 or 3 of the last failures were the guy too. Imagine in fantasy land they actually did hire Manning as OC. His offense kicks butt, Pruitt's defense is still stuck in the mud. The fire Pruitt threads would be epic. That's why they won't hire anyone high profile to come in and upstage Pruitt.
I doubt his offense would succeed either without very good talent, especially on the Oline.

My friend that is in Knoxville says that the word is that Payton Manning May be in Knoxville before New Years.
Also is hearing that the former Texas Tech coach may be interviewed before New Years.

We will have a new OC by COB Friday! If he comes from a school like Alabama or Clemson, then CJP may let him finish out season before joining the team but the hire will be made this week.

You don't enter early signing period with a vacancy like that.

We already have one village idiot already dogging him in this thread.🙄

So someone offering an opinion over another means I’m an idiot? Wow, how’s that ivory tower you’re living in? Amazing that people think someone should never be criticized.

My friend that is in Knoxville says that the word is that Payton Manning May be in Knoxville before New Years.
Also is hearing that the former Texas Tech coach may be interviewed before New Years.

Let me get this straight:
1. Kingsbury is unemployed
2. Tennessee OC job is open, previous one left
3. Early signing day is a couple of weeks away
4. Tennessee is going to interview Kingsbury who isn't coaching before New Years????

Reactions: bpalmer28
We will have a new OC by COB Friday! If he comes from a school like Alabama or Clemson, then CJP may let him finish out season before joining the team but the hire will be made this week.

You don't enter early signing period with a vacancy like that.

agree with bottom statement...not so sure about the top one...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

I just heard........

It's Gruden !!!

Wife been spotted in town looking for a house (again).
They are looking at Knox Catholic and Webb for school for the kids (even though the kids are in their 20's)
He wants $10MM and part ownership in three Jiffy Lubes.
Cindy will be new cheerleading coach.
Gruden's son will be new strength coach for .................women's tennis (cause they are weak like, well, girls !)
It's happening.

Soon!

Reactions: VFL2098
I just heard........

It's Gruden !!!

Wife been spotted in town looking for a house (again).
They are looking at Knox Catholic and Webb for school for the kids (even though the kids are in their 20's)
He wants $10MM and part ownership in three Jiffy Lubes.
Cindy will be new cheerleading coach.
Gruden's son will be new strength coach for .................women's tennis (cause they are weak like, well, girls !)
It's happening.

Soon!
The Gruden jokes not as funny now that nobody wants him anymore.

Reactions: UTSuave’
And im practically a genius compared to LG but im not in MENSA.
Yes, but your point of comparison is all other QBs. Are you saying there are no and would never be exceptions to the blanket assumption that good QBs don’t make good coaches?

Yes, but your point of comparison is all other QBs. Are you saying there are no and would never be exceptions to the blanket assumption that good QBs don’t make good coaches?
I know reading is challenge for you because of your ocular disfigurement, so here's my post with bold added for emphasis:
I know it is unpopular but i dont want Peyton as OC. If he wants an OC job he needs to cut his chops up the ranks of coaching. A great QB does not necessarily translate to a great coach.

The only former Vol QB that will be considered ain't named Peyton, but Randy.

The only former Vol QB that will be considered ain't named Peyton, but Randy.

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back