Jalen Hurts

Zero. He would be terrible here. He wouldn't have the best OL, WRs, stud TE or an elite defense.

I disagree. We have the tools offensively to be successful except the o line. If Pruitt is the teacher I think he is and we get Trey Smith back then we could have a bully of an offense. Hurts has been facing elite defenses (playing against bamas defense in practices as well as real SEC west defenses) for years so he can pick up blitzes and switch protections as needed.

People forget how incredibly strong he is. He does powerlifting in the off season and protects the ball very efficiently. I don’t think it happens but if we got him it would a huge get.

All we would need is the line to be better. That’s a big fix but if we get that then we could really have something.

The way we block we could use him, but if his goal us to showcase himself and get drafted I can't imagine why he'd come here

Reactions: livefaith
I disagree. We have the tools offensively to be successful except the o line. If Pruitt is the teacher I think he is and we get Trey Smith back then we could have a bully of an offense. Hurts has been facing elite defenses (playing against bamas defense in practices as well as real SEC west defenses) for years so he can pick up blitzes and switch protections as needed.

People forget how incredibly strong he is. He does powerlifting in the off season and protects the ball very efficiently. I don’t think it happens but if we got him it would a huge get.

All we would need is the line to be better. That’s a big fix but if we get that then we could really have something.
Lol at your first statement.....”we have the tools to be successful offensively except the o line”

That’s like a NASCAR driver saying we have everything we need to win the cup except a car.

Zero. He would be terrible here. He wouldn't have the best OL, WRs, stud TE or an elite defense.
Dobbs didn’t have a great Oline or elite defense outside of Barnett. Wrs and TEs could be about the same. Both are decent passers who has the speed to get out of the pocket. Hurts would do as good or better. Hurts would at least keep the offense on the field longer than JG......imo.

Lol at your first statement.....”we have the tools to be successful offensively except the o line”

That’s like a NASCAR driver saying we have everything we need to win the cup except a car.

I phrase it that way bc our line has shown flashes this year but for the most part not lived up to the billing. If these guys can get stronger / develop better chemistry along with Smith coming back then we could have something special. Other then that dismal results lol

I know a guy who has a friend that has a wife who works as an admin type in the Alabama sports information department.

She heard that Jalen is leaving at the end of this semester.

From what she heard, Jalen is expected to enroll at UTK in January.

Him coming here is as likely as the o-line becoming really good nest year.....

VN Store

Back