Lady Volleyballers close out the regualr season with a 11 win streak!

StrangeVol

The Lady Vols had to work for it but the won over a gritty Ole Miss squad that played like they had nothing to lose. We sucked it up and won a real nail-biter in the 4th set to make it look like an easier win than it was.

Tessa Grubs was fantastic finishing up hitting .586, followed by Erica Treiber hitting .481!

Finished with the regular season we now wait to learn where we are seeded for the NCAA tournament. The selection show is tomorrow night at 8:30 pm on ESPNU.

Great season...and now the fun part begins! Congratulations Coach Rackham and staff for such an outstanding job your very first season. :)

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe that makes us 25-5 Overall and 16-2 in the SEC

What a great year (so far) and I’m really excited to have coach Rackham

Reactions: StrangeVol
The Lady Vols had to work for it but the won over a gritty Ole Miss squad that played like they had nothing to lose. We sucked it up and won a real nail-biter in the 4th set to make it look like an easier win than it was.

Tessa Grubs was fantastic finishing up hitting .586, followed by Erica Treiber hitting .481!

Finished with the regular season we now wait to learn where we are seeded for the NCAA tournament. The selection show is tomorrow night at 8:30 pm on ESPNU.

Great season...and now the fun part begins! Congratulations Coach Rackham and staff for such an outstanding job your very first season. :)
SV, thanks for the updates and info all season. Looking forward to reading your promised post season write up. Signed: SV😂

A few more tidbits from the season. The girls won 14 games at home this season and that ties the record for wins in a season with the 1983 club and it's also the 11th time in program history that we've won 25 or more matches. The last time we won 25+ was in 2011.

We were one win away from tieing Kentucky for the championship and had we been able to win at home on September 23rd, we'd be the co-champs today. That match was hotly contested and was well before our girls hit their stride. I'll bet the Wildcats are thankful they caught us early in the season. I doubt they'd want to play us now.

Let's see what the team can do in the postseason. We haven't been to the NCAAs since 2012. :)

SV, thanks for the updates and info all season. Looking forward to reading your promised post season write up. Signed: SV😂

It's been a pleasure and I was just now working on my season summary for soccer. Volleyball has got a ways to go yet! :)

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe that makes us 25-5 Overall and 16-2 in the SEC

What a great year (so far) and I’m really excited to have coach Rackham
Let’s hope and pray our coach doesn’t get hired away. So little attention is paid to so called minor sports by our athletic administration in the past. Especially women’s sports.

VN Store

Back