'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

Yeah similar was said in the 247 recent article. Crouch has bonded well with Clemson players much better than UT. He’ll be a Tiger.
You know, I don’t like this dude. He comes off as a bit entitled, with the “plug and play” thing. If he’s going to a roster like Clemson, you bet your a$$ he will have to earn it. He’s not just going to show up and have it given to him. Doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy who really wants to work his tail off for anything. We’ve got plenty of 5-star flops with the same attitude, which ironically he is dissing.

Contenders: Clemson, Michigan, Tennessee, Florida State

Breakdown: The list of schools Crouch has visited this season is long but the two biggest markers in his recruitment over the last month have been his official visits to Michigan and Clemson. The Wolverines hosted Crouch for their game against Penn State and blew the doors off Crouch and his family. They really enjoyed everything they saw, heard, and how comfortable everybody made them feel.

There were very specific things Crouch was hoping to see and hear when he made his trip to Clemson this past weekend and the Tigers seem to have passed every test. There will undoubtedly be plenty of back and forth between now and when Crouch makes his final decision. At least for now, Clemson seems to be in the best position.

Crouch, an early graduate, will sign during the Early Signing Period but will not announce his decision until the All-American Bowl in January.

-Friedman

I actually believe we might be dodging a bullet here. Fill his spot with a big ole 3 star lineman imo. Fix the trenches and they will come

Reactions: AaronUT
I love that time of year when all the guys we've been gushing over for a year or two are suddenly overrated, entitled, bad fits, yada yada. Soon we'll be able to start expressing thanks when elite prospects commit to schools that we don't play every season. And finally, we get to crow about how great a job the staff did to get guys on campus and looks at us as we predict a top 5 class next time. Same old song and dance.

Not to sound too "didn't want him anyways" because his ceiling is sky high, but he's absolutely the riskiest of the 5 star players we are in on. Bust potential is high for a kid this injured who dominated lesser competition throughout high school. Would loved to have had him, but I'm not going to lose sleep over him.

Last edited:
We can only hope
Will need 13-15 undergraduate departures to just be able to sign 25 ( which by my count would include a minimum of 3 blue shirts to sign 25 ).If they sign 27 as has been rumored then that will require two more undergraduate departures.Thinning the herd is a requirement to bring on the numbers of 25-27 signees.

I love that time of year when all the guys we've been gushing over for a year or two are suddenly overrated, entitled, bad fits, yada yada. Soon we'll be able to start expressing thanks when elite prospects commit to schools that we don't play every season. And finally, we get to crow about how great a job the staff did to get guys on campus and looks at us as we predict a top 5 class next time. Same old song and dance.
It is the same every year with some posters. Fact is though we don't need them if they don't want to be here or unsure. I will support those we get and be satisfied.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
This thread is hilarious. Hate on a kid for wanting to be a part of a good team and not interested in rebuilding. What’s wrong with that? This isn’t his school he owes nothing to UT only himself so what’s the problem? If UT was a powerhouse and Clemson rebuilding you would all pile on and say he’s ruining his career and will never amount to anything.

Some of you need to take a step back from the keyboards and chill TF out.

Happy Thanksgiving.

It’s more of his comments to the recruiting websites. Talks about Pruitt being able to do this for him as a player.Then the loser comments and not wanting to help build something back.How many recruits say that on record. You keep stuff like that to your own thoughts don’t make them public. I’m fine with him going to Clemson but it will interesting to see how his college career plays out.

Last edited:
You know, I don’t like this dude. He comes off as a bit entitled, with the “plug and play” thing. If he’s going to a roster like Clemson, you bet your a$$ he will have to earn it. He’s not just going to show up and have it given to him. Doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy who really wants to work his tail off for anything. We’ve got plenty of 5-star flops with the same attitude, which ironically he is dissing.
Tend to disagree. I take it as he wants to go to a place where all players have the drive and focus to win and get better. He wants others to be pushing him to get better while they all have the same focus to get championships is the way I interpret him.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
If what he says is true and we have a mass exodus this winter then 2019 may be the worst season in Tennessee football history. We will be starting mostly new players and there will be little depth.

Couple that with a loss to Vandy and no extra bowl practices and next year will be abysmal.

If what he says is true and we have a mass exodus this winter then 2019 may be the worst season in Tennessee football history. We will be starting mostly new players and there will be little depth.

Couple that with a loss to Vandy and no extra bowl practices and next year will be abysmal.
1542902468256.gif

giphy.gif

This thread is hilarious. Hate on a kid for wanting to be a part of a good team and not interested in rebuilding. What’s wrong with that? This isn’t his school he owes nothing to UT only himself so what’s the problem? If UT was a powerhouse and Clemson rebuilding you would all pile on and say he’s ruining his career and will never amount to anything.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Head1 is a bad man. Some of you need to chill TF out.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Or they could come on a UT message board and vent their frustrations because the program they love is not where they want it to be without being told what to do. But Happy Thanksgiving

Hard to say, if the players we'll lose are ones who are not playing very hard this year.

Tend to disagree. I take it as he wants to go to a place where all players have the drive and focus to win and get better. He wants others to be pushing him to get better while they all have the same focus to get championships is the way I interpret him.
I don’t think making assumptions for a program based on guys who weren’t recruited by the new staff, and have been here jerking off for four years makes sense. The guys he’s speaking about most likely on their way out due to graduation or not buying into the culture change. You think guys like Savion Williams or Maurer aren’t guys who aren’t going to push their teammates to get better when they get here? Or guys like Thompson and Taylor? He just wants it to be easy for himself. No thanks bro. I’ll take the guys who wanna build it all day long. You go ahead and jump to Clemson.

Reactions: appvol
In this instance...the crowd has been 50/50 on him since the injuries. I know what you are saying with some recruits, but half this board has not been sold on this guy for a long time.

Maybe true about next year but at least I will get some little hope back that FINALLY the culture that Botch built is changing! Please Coach Pruitt get rid of the deadwood now!

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back