The QB Debate (Week 13)

Personally I don’t think it mattered who was QB in this one. Our defense couldn’t stop them at all.

And we regressed again.

We were never going to win a shootout with Missouri; this team is not capable of putting up more than 30 points in a game. The defense had to hold them to less than their average of 29 ppg for us to have a chance.

Last edited:
At least with KC we scored points. With JG at QB it looked like a shutout....the kids has no elusiveness for sure. Same line as JG played with but how many times did KC take a hit or just fall to the ground. Remember when we played Bama you guys said KC didn't play against the same team as JG. JG has been serviceable but lets face it when KC came in the game plan changed somewhat.

At least with KC we scored points. With JG at QB it looked like a shutout....the kids has no elusiveness for sure. Same line as JG played with but how many times did KC take a hit or just fall to the ground. Remember when we played Bama you guys said KC didn't play against the same team as JG. JG has been serviceable but lets face it when KC came in the game plan changed somewhat.
I really wonder if JG knew where he was after the 2nd play of the game.

I really wonder if JG knew where he was after the 2nd play of the game.
Not sure he knew where he was at before that play. Long ball play comes back to haunt you. It's almost as if they are incapable of anything else. They don't even use the plays that did work well in other games. Its like Helton or Pruitt forgets the good plays and starts all over the next week. Its crazy. Just like the announcers were saying, find some ways to get Ty the ball in space. But no no can't do that. Its shameful here we are in game 11

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Wow, people singing praises of KC in the 2nd. His numbers were bad. He can read a defense but can't make the throws JG can. If you could hybridize the two you'd have an elite QB.

Wow, people singing praises of KC in the 2nd. His numbers were bad. He can read a defense but can't make the throws JG can. If you could hybridize the two you'd have an elite QB.

You mean all those 50 50 balls and behind the line passes...or those last week that sailed a mile over the receivers heads. Like I said at least we got 17 points and it looked like a shut out with JG.

You mean all those 50 50 balls and behind the line passes...or those last week that sailed a mile over the receivers heads. Like I said at least we got 17 points and it looked like a shut out with JG.

We will never know what could have happened. We have seen JG play like crap and then start looking good. Stop with the narrative. KC is the backup for a reason. I thought he threw the ball pretty good. He made some mistakes yes, but overall I think he did ok.

Overall idk. Both QBs have their strengths and bad qualities. But I’m really worried about next year. I hope our line gets better. We really really need a qb who can scramble some like Dobbs. Teams know JG can’t scramble so they go after him hard. And with no Oline he gets murdered. I think he can throw fairly well. But if things don’t get better on the oline expect the same kind of offense next year.

36% and 2 INT, what kind of mental gymnastics are you trying to do to paint this performance in a positive light. His job is to secure the ball, and put it in the play makers hands and he especially failed at those two tasks tonight.
Mental gymnastics? Don't strain yourself
All I said was he hasn't played much and for all you know the int right before the half could have been on Calloway.... it was a miscommunication.... one that tends to happen when a QB has played sparingly.... I wasn't trying to paint him with a Heisman brush

Someone stated he did not have SEC caliber arm strength and I believe he showed that he does.
If you think KC showed great arm talent, you probably shouldn't be critiquing QBs. We had a couple of really nice deep plays made by our WRs. Chryst missed some easy throws, and he threw a couple of really bad balls that were very costly. Not piling on, but there's a reason he's the backup.

We will never know what could have happened. We have seen JG play like crap and then start looking good. Stop with the narrative. KC is the backup for a reason. I thought he threw the ball pretty good. He made some mistakes yes, but overall I think he did ok.

Let me try this again. With a lot of teams some kids are kept out for OTHER REASONS than someone is better than them. Pruitt made a decision on the basis that JG would get better as the year went along. I don't think it had anything to do with "IF" KC was a better QB or would be at the end of the year. KC was brought in to fill a void and that is what he has done. Some things I disagree with Pruitt about. I'm not sure all things he says after a game is exactly the way it went down. JG is lacking badly in some necessary things that are required to play in this league and getting the right read and getting ball out is one of them. I look for him to have tough competition in the spring and maybe get beat out. This QB play cannot continue or it will be to Pruitts detriment.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Honestly I think JG was concussed, the offensive line was missing assignments, completely confused. The offensive line did recover some and Chryst is better at reading defenses but Chryst was very bad today. For all those underthrown balls you point out for JG Chryst was every bit as bad today.

Defend it how you want but JG doesn't turn the ball over like KC does. If JG had been given the opportunity to recover after the o line adjusted we may have had a small chance of being in this game. The defense was horrid tonight.

Pruitt specifically said the game plan did not change at all w/ KC at quarterback. Just FYI.

VN Store

Back