'19 SC SF Josiah James

So sounds like Barnes views him as a Pg.

Is that what we were thinking?
Absolutely, till it’s shown that’s not gonna work. Seems more likely he’s moved to the 2 or 3 but I’m hoping for a baby Magic. We’ve seen what a baby Shaq can do, I’d love to have a baby Magic.

Absolutely, till it’s shown that’s not gonna work. Seems more likely he’s moved to the 2 or 3 but I’m hoping for a baby Magic. We’ve seen what a baby Shaq can do, I’d love to have a baby Magic.
I think he sticks at point guard. Comfortable with the ball, and great vision.

Reactions: Lefteye
If he is a one and done, which I don't think he is, my post is not as ridiculous as u seem to think it is
I’m still not saying he’s better than Admiral. I’m just not lol. He’s not even a freshman in college yet. IF he’s as good as we think he is then fine.

Reactions: The Dog
What are we expecting with this guy? Is he a potential project? Obviously he’s a 5 star but isn’t his shooting pretty bad? What are we expecting from him year one?

What are we expecting with this guy? Is he a potential project? Obviously he’s a 5 star but isn’t his shooting pretty bad? What are we expecting from him year one?
Think I saw somebody make a Michael Carter-Williams comparison and I liked it a lot. Not the best shooter, but not bad either. Really good vision and passing ability, elite size/length at the PG spot. Figures to be a day 1 major contributor.

Very versatile, on both ends of the court...because of this he will likely be a 25+mpg guy Day 1. He can play PG, but he can also play the 2 or 3, he also can guard all 3 of those positions and possibly even 1-4...he will fit nicely with Turner and/or Bowden on th court because his strength isn’t shooting but he will find those guys in really good spots and get them open looks.

Very versatile, on both ends of the court...because of this he will likely be a 25+mpg guy Day 1. He can play PG, but he can also play the 2 or 3, he also can guard all 3 of those positions and possibly even 1-4...he will fit nicely with Turner and/or Bowden on th court because his strength isn’t shooting but he will find those guys in really good spots and get them open looks.
I’ve watched a good bit of film on this kid and the last thing I would have said is PG.

I’ve watched a good bit of film on this kid and the last thing I would have said is PG.
That’s strange cause majority of his film is him playing PG. Again he’s versatile, so if you’ve got a guy who’s only a PG you can play Josiah elsewhere, but if you read his comments and Barnes’ on James they definitely expect him to be playing some PG.

That’s strange cause majority of his film is him playing PG. Again he’s versatile, so if you’ve got a guy who’s only a PG you can play Josiah elsewhere, but if you read his comments and Barnes’ on James they definitely expect him to be playing some PG.
He’s definitely going to be playing some PG. Like you said, he can play any of the 3 guard spots, but PG, especially assuming he sticks around for his SO year, is where we will need him. Losing both Bone and Turner after next season will essentially force that in to happening.

He makes difficult passes look easy, and doesn’t mind settling for an extra pass. He also has a better shot than folks are giving him credit for here. He has the foot speed to get past player, with the ball in his hands. And he plays defense. If you’ve got video to show otherwise pleas share.

Reactions: cncchris33
Small sample on a mixed tape I know, but 1:30-2:30 shows all I need to know.

Edit: for now

Last edited:

VN Store

Back