'19 TN RB Eric Gray

giphy.gif

Dewy Lewis and the news.
Off topic story. My friend and I met 2 susceptible young ladies at our local watering hole in college (around 2002) and, feeling daring, asked them if they had heard of the band Huey Lewis and the News... They had, but clearly didn't know them well, and we convinced them I was, in fact, Huey Lewis, and my buddy was "the News." We were in town "visiting family." Little did they know Huey Lewis was 50 by then and Power of Love came out when we were 4...

Smart phones were a blessing and a curse. :cool:

Off topic story. My friend and I met 2 susceptible young ladies at our local watering hole in college (around 2002) and, feeling daring, asked them if they had heard of the band Huey Lewis and the News... They had, but clearly didn't know them well, and we convinced them I was, in fact, Huey Lewis, and my buddy was "the News." We were in town "visiting family." Little did they know Huey Lewis was 50 by then and Power of Love came out when we were 4...

You're lucky they hadn't seen American Psycho.

Have you seen the stadium the last few weeks? Haven’t really been that full. And probably at least 40% Kentucky fans in attendance last week. Just sayin....
You missed the point.

But you also just stated that more fans were in Knoxville for Kentucky game than attend their own home games lol.

It was cold as hell last Saturday. Many many Vols fans were wearing whatever color coat that had available. There were probably 10k Kentucky fans there. The atmosphere was absolutely great.

Two questions:

1 - How "susceptible" did they really end up being, if you catch my drift??
2 - Was your friend's nickname "the" or "News"?

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
You missed the point.

But you also just stated that more fans were in Knoxville for Kentucky game than attend their own home games lol.

It was cold as hell last Saturday. Many many Vols fans were wearing whatever color coat that had available. There were probably 10k Kentucky fans there. The atmosphere was absolutely great.
I was there last Saturday. It was oddly lethargic leading up to and into the game. Even the vol walk and salute were toned way down. Crowd came alive after the first touchdown and it was more like Neyland from then on. Ironically as it got cooler the crowd warmed up.

I was there last Saturday. It was oddly lethargic leading up to and into the game. Even the vol walk and salute were toned way down. Crowd came alive after the first touchdown and it was more like Neyland from then on. Ironically as it got cooler the crowd warmed up.

I noticed the same thing. I was colder during warmups than during the game. I think a lot of the fans there expected us to lose.

I noticed the same thing. I was colder during warmups than during the game. I think a lot of the fans there expected us to lose.

Crowd has seemed weird this yr. I think last Saturday could be the turning point for both players and crowd in terms of confidence which should provide better atmosphere and hopefully have our guys playing above themselves

Reminds me of watching chandler. Props to Pruitt for recognizing what he initially thought he needed for this offense at RB in big guys wasn't necessarily the case with the runs Helton likes to call. Need a guy with vision and ability to cut back like chandler. Pruitt noticed early on and shifted focus back to gray as primary guy

This kid has a sixth sense awareness of would-be tacklers who are out of his line vision. And his ankle breaking, slash and weave running style reminds me of a Tennessee RB in our not too distant past.

eh, if you wanna go, you can go. but i get it. i don't go to more b/c i don't want to spend the money either.

plus i have a pretty nice sports room at the house with a bar, refrigerator and recliners.....with 3 screens for my viewing pleasure.

will beat any box i could ever go to..........................

:)
Love going to the games !!! Only problem I end up having to buy 4 tickets to the game, tale gate and something really good afterwards. Around 2grand for 3 games, as long as I can afford it I hope to keep doing it. Always special on Rocky Top.

This kid has a sixth sense awareness of would-be tacklers who are out of his line vision. And his ankle breaking, slash and weave running style reminds me of a Tennessee RB in our not too distant past.

This kid already looks like an SEC RB.

Good speed.

Man, this would be such a huge get. We're already getting some big uglies on the OL - now sprinkling in some absolutely elite playmakers. This class may not end up as highly rated as the '15 class due to numbers, but I bet it will have higher quality.

Be nice to be much better at bumpin' uglies.

VN Store

Back