'19 TN DL Zion Logue (UGA Commit)

FWIW, I had the same assessment of Bituli out of high school. Several others shared the same sentiment. Glad we were wrong. Some players need the push to bring the competition out of them.

Reggie White was not overly aggressive in high school. To a large extent, he was recruited on potential.

Reggie White was not overly aggressive in high school. To a large extent, he was recruited on potential.
I was born in 77. Remember him vividly playing for UT. Was to young to care about recruiting then (ColecoVision had just come out ha ha).

There were several college coaches that I knew, who expressed concern about Bituli and his aggressiveness (I don’t think this prevented his recruitment). Also heard it from a NC alumni group. The nice thing is, no one is relegated to perform the way someone else thinks. Bituli proved them all wrong. Plays with intensity and aggression but he also is one of the best mannered young man you will ever meet.

He was a phenomenal athlete, we played basketball against each other in HS and at 260 lbs. he could run and jump with anyone. He was somewhat inconsistent at UT until after a few years in the system, but in the 1983 season he was an absolute terror.

I think their line that year was Reggie and David Scandrett at DE, and Johnny Williams on the nose. Dale Jones was a Freshman that year, but got plenty of snaps.

Reactions: flowd82
He was a phenomenal athlete, we played basketball against each other in HS and at 260 lbs. he could run and jump with anyone. He was somewhat inconsistent at UT until after a few years in the system, but in the 1983 season he was an absolute terror.

I think their line that year was Reggie and David Scandrett at DE, and Johnny Williams on the nose. Dale Jones was a Freshman that year, but got plenty of snaps.

I was thinking that Reggie played tackle. Charles Morgan played DE their freshman year.

I was thinking that Reggie played tackle. Charles Morgan played DE their freshman year.

Morgan transferred his freshman year, but I think you’re right on Reggie playing DT. I was thinking we were 3-4, but I think Marmie went 4-3. Leonard Jackson was another DL that played a lot that year. I think Charles Davis, Creamer, and Tommy Sims played as DBs that year - Toles was one LB, Ziegler another?

Logue can be as good as he wants to be, he’s got very good athleticism.

Dale Jones was a JUCO was never a freshman at UT

Reactions: orangefloyd
I continue to feel like Zion would be a project at best having officiated a few of his games and watching him live in a few others. I'm sorry and could be wrong but I just don't see a whole lot with this kid.
Don't really disagree. I'm not completely sold on him either

I continue to feel like Zion would be a project at best having officiated a few of his games and watching him live in a few others. I'm sorry and could be wrong but I just don't see a whole lot with this kid.

Probably why you are officiating and not coaching ;)

In all seriousness with all the teams after him and Georgia TOOK his commitment as early as they did that should say plenty.

Reactions: barrylee
Wrong. Went to prep school for a year before UT. Tennessee Military Institute.
i admire the restraint shown here in not using this gif:
giphy.gif

This from a good friend of mine who works in Lebanon. TIFWIW: About to flip all of Kirby’s recruits coming this weekend. Zion’s uncle works with me and said Zion thinks he made a bad choice commuting to UGA. He also said Zion was raised by women and is soft. If he gets some JJ in him he will be a stud.

Reactions: UTSuave’
This from a good friend of mine who works in Lebanon. TIFWIW: About to flip all of Kirby’s recruits coming this weekend. Zion’s uncle works with me and said Zion thinks he made a bad choice commuting to UGA. He also said Zion was raised by women and is soft. If he gets some JJ in him he will be a stud.
giphy.gif

I am choosing to believe this is 100% factual

Definitely don’t need anymore softies. Maybe Pruitt can get a better read when the kid visits

I want to BELIEVE

Reactions: onevol74
Under no circumstances am I or am I trying to be an insider but...

I have some strong ties in Lebanon and I've consistently heard that he's a little soft and lacks "that dog" in him for pretty much the last couple of years. I've also heard that the family would rather have him closer to home but, what family doesn't want their child closer...?

I trust Atlanta Vol's ties a helluva lot more than mine and he's 200+ miles farther away than me

VN Store

Back