'19 GA DE Nolan Smith

Hm....from Rivals

“I think he flips to Alabama. That’s everything I’ve heard. A lot of people think it’s already a done deal that he’s going to do that. I don’t think it’s advantageous. Both programs are great. Both programs would probably use him the same way and he’s going to be successful no matter what.
“Alabama is going to close really strong. It is the best team in the country and always in the top two or three when it comes to recruiting. Last year was a bit of an anomaly, so I think it’ll finish first this year and get a bunch of five-stars to close things out.”
Weird different bama insiders are getting information. This is what I’ve seen from them regarding Nolan smith. Again, recruiting is fluid, but all I’ve seen/heard is that smith will end up at UGA.
“1. Edge rushers-Bogle visit was great, we probably lead. Thibodeaux Saban still has home visit, but he is most likely staying on west coast Nolan Smith aint flipping from Ga,”

And to be a good poster and drop off some UT related info from the same article.
“9. Real concern of Justin Eboigbe flipping to TN”

No chance in hell Kirby let’s that kid transfer to UT. Let’s just kill that possibility before it starts
I don't think coaches can block other schools now. Ya he would have to sit out a year, but that's it. If he has assurances that Fromm will leave after next year, then it wouldn't make sense for him to transfer. The only issue I have with that is that I don't believe Fromm is a 3 and done. Here is what I found regarding the new transfer rules.
"Earlier this month, in what the NCAA called an “expected next step,” it allowed all athletes in Division I to transfer out of their programs without permission -- all they would need to do is inform their college or university they intended to do so. The players would then be added to a national database and any coach could contact them. Some athletes in the more high-profile sports still need to sit out a year upon transferring, per NCAA rules.
Before, athletes required the go-ahead from their college or university to leave and seek out new scholarships. This led to some coaches intentionally obstructing the departures of some talented players, experts say."

Reactions: SweetasSoda
He can’t stop it anymore
Exactly. It's all about whether or not Kirby has told him if Fromm is gone or not next year. If he is, then it's one more year regardless of staying or leaving, so I would expect him to stay. However, if Fromm doesn't plan on going pro after his JR year, then I don't believe Fields stays. IMO Fromm is similar to Aaron Murray. A good college QB that probably won't translate to the NFL. I could be wrong, but that's what I see.

I don't think coaches can block other schools now. Ya he would have to sit out a year, but that's it. If he has assurances that Fromm will leave after next year, then it wouldn't make sense for him to transfer. The only issue I have with that is that I don't believe Fromm is a 3 and done. Here is what I found regarding the new transfer rules.
"Earlier this month, in what the NCAA called an “expected next step,” it allowed all athletes in Division I to transfer out of their programs without permission -- all they would need to do is inform their college or university they intended to do so. The players would then be added to a national database and any coach could contact them. Some athletes in the more high-profile sports still need to sit out a year upon transferring, per NCAA rules.
Before, athletes required the go-ahead from their college or university to leave and seek out new scholarships. This led to some coaches intentionally obstructing the departures of some talented players, experts say."

They can’t block GRADUATE transfers. They can still block standard transfers...and will.

Exactly. It's all about whether or not Kirby has told him if Fromm is gone or not next year. If he is, then it's one more year regardless of staying or leaving, so I would expect him to stay. However, if Fromm doesn't plan on going pro after his JR year, then I don't believe Fields stays. IMO Fromm is similar to Aaron Murray. A good college QB that probably won't translate to the NFL. I could be wrong, but that's what I see.
It is one more year but it’s a wasted year without redshirting bc he would be second string. Where as if he does transfer he’ll be able to redshirt.

It is one more year but it’s a wasted year without redshirting bc he would be second string. Where as if he does transfer he’ll be able to redshirt.
UGA has a QB commit this year. If he wants to redshirt next year he'll be able to, but I'm not sure if he stays if he doesn't win the job. Also thanks for the clarification Butchna. Thought those rules effected everyone instead of just grad tansfers.

I just assumed he wouldn’t redshirt given that he knows the system and is probably the most talented guy in the qb room. I agree with you though, Fromm is a really really good college qb that probably will be there for four years unless he just takes off out of nowhere.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear

giphy.gif

I never understand why high level players go where they already have a young star. Looking at you Alabama running back commits.
Simple, track record. But yea you’re right when it comes to running back. I bet Najee Harris wishes he had gone to Michigan and become the bell cow. Damien Harris should’ve never returned to school either, thought he was gone break Alexander’s all time rushing record. Someone would get shot if that happened

Reactions: Catbone

VN Store

Back