'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

The thing is...Pruitt and Fulmer were here before he signed. No there wasn't an ample time to build strong relationships, but don't claim to be a VFL family and pull the crap that you did last year.
My biggest complaint is he didn't appear to give Pruitt/Fulmer a chance. There was no reason to sign early, he could of delayed signing and still enrolled at GA. I don't know what went on with Kevin and won't question his loyalty but he should have had the courtesy to encourage his son to give the Vols a chance. I think he probably would have been given a little more leeway had he at least listened. I'd say Kevin is probably paying a little bit of the price for his son's decision, right or wrong.

I thought Cade decommited because he was loyal to Butch? Best friend with his son at Catholic and all that. Oh well, there was too much to keep track of starting about this time last year

Someone tried pushing that story. Butch probably. However Cade was basically decommitted before Butch was ever fired and went public afterwards. He wouldn't have came here to play for Butch

My biggest complaint is he didn't appear to give Pruitt/Fulmer a chance. There was no reason to sign early, he could of delayed signing and still enrolled at GA. I don't know what went on with Kevin and won't question his loyalty but he should have had the courtesy to encourage his son to give the Vols a chance. I think he probably would have been given a little more leeway had he at least listened. I'd say Kevin is probably paying a little bit of the price for his son's decision, right or wrong.

Lots of people from Knox Catholic say Kevin is a d!ck head

Reactions: Bringback98
Someone tried pushing that story. Butch probably. However Cade was basically decommitted before Butch was ever fired and went public afterwards. He wouldn't have came here to play for Butch
Pittman was too much to overcome. Dude camped out in his class.

Reactions: SugarCC
Meh, the whole legacy thing hadn't really worked out in our favor in Butch's tenure before Mays opted out. We're batting about a buck fifty on those kids contributing long term.

Personally I don't think we should expect the fathers of legacies to force their alma mater on their sons if we're not going to offer every legacy something. It's ok for us to say your kid isn't good enough for our program but they can't say the program isn't what it was? I applaud the fathers leaving it up to their sons to make their own decision. Heck, after I read my kids application to UTK, I wasn't so sure I wanted him to follow in my footsteps anyway. What freakin gender do you identify with? No wonder we've dropped to the depths that we've dropped.

The thing is...Pruitt and Fulmer were here before he signed. No there wasn't an ample time to build strong relationships, but don't claim to be a VFL family and pull the crap that you did last year.
Butch had already burnt that bridge all the way down by the time Fulmer and Pruitt got into the game. too little too late

Meh, the whole legacy thing hadn't really worked out in our favor in Butch's tenure before Mays opted out. We're batting about a buck fifty on those kids contributing long term.

Personally I don't think we should expect the fathers of legacies to force their alma mater on their sons if we're not going to offer every legacy something. It's ok for us to say your kid isn't good enough for our program but they can't say the program isn't what it was? I applaud the fathers leaving it up to their sons to make their own decision. Heck, after I read my kids application to UTK, I wasn't so sure I wanted him to follow in my footsteps anyway. What freakin gender do you identify with? No wonder we've dropped to the depths that we've dropped.

UTK is kind of a dumpster. Love the athletics, school could be better.

UTK is kind of a dumpster. Love the athletics, school could be better.

This might be for another thread, but I'd heard rumblings from fellow alumni for years. Dean Davis came and spoke to our local UT Engineering Alumni group to raise money for their new initiative to recruit elite students to the school and provide funding for their scholarships. The inevitable question finally came up about 'guys like us', the ones you're soliciting with degrees from UTK's engineering school that didn't have 30+ on their ACT. Crickets chirped. Then the 'Sex Week' deal that embarrassed most of the alumni and the parents sending their kids to UTK. When you talk about legacies, do you think there's a break for successful alumni with degrees from UTK that gives the children of out of state alums a break in tuition? Nope.

I'm all Vol through and through but it's fine with me if my kids decide to be Vol athletic fans and go to school somewhere else. And that's a damn shame! I for one am so glad that the old guard is finally out the door. President, chancellor, trustees and AD's. UT is not going to be great again until it has great leadership.

This might be for another thread, but I'd heard rumblings from fellow alumni for years. Dean Davis came and spoke to our local UT Engineering Alumni group to raise money for their new initiative to recruit elite students to the school and provide funding for their scholarships. The inevitable question finally came up about 'guys like us', the ones you're soliciting with degrees from UTK's engineering school that didn't have 30+ on their ACT. Crickets chirped. Then the 'Sex Week' deal that embarrassed most of the alumni and the parents sending their kids to UTK. When you talk about legacies, do you think there's a break for successful alumni with degrees from UTK that gives the children of out of state alums a break in tuition? Nope.

I'm all Vol through and through but it's fine with me if my kids decide to be Vol athletic fans and go to school somewhere else. And that's a damn shame! I for one am so glad that the old guard is finally out the door. President, chancellor, trustees and AD's. UT is not going to be great again until it has great leadership.

I mean do you want to be the alumni of a school that gains a bad reputation for putting out a bunch of students with low ACT scores who aren't competitive for top jobs? That doesn't benefit anyone. I get that it's a bit insulting to people who weren't top students but the reality is that top schools need top students. With that being said I agree that the out of state tuition is annoying. The problem lies in the way that taxes affect tuition at a state level though, it would be tough to work around that imo.

That's an interesting issue. The kids with greater GPAs and ACTs may deserve it out of HS but once in the engineering program everyone is equal and should have same opportunitities for scholarships and aid.

Reactions: SD189

They're all indoctrination centers with an agenda. Every single one. I went to college to learn about myself, challenge my convictions, and be exposed to a diversity of people with varying ideas.

I instead found an "act like this, think like this, talk like this" doctrine instead. Any stray from a certain ideology wasn't met with rational debate or logical discussion - but hatred and bullying. From nearly every professor.

It isn't a UT issue ( I didn't go to UT), though I wish it were just isolated to a few schools.

KMack could have been a Bauce under Pruitt with Fitz

Reactions: SugarCC

VN Store

Back