Players getting cut

Agree. It’s a testament to the job this staff has done in such short time in adding quality depth.

Meh

It's more of a testimony of how willing this staff has been to brainwash so many kids into going a temperory roster they knew full well they had a long shot to make in the end while they could have been elsewhere developing somewhere with a real future.

Unfortunately this is college baseball. No matter where you go you have to prove yourself every day. Someone is always looking to take your spot and it is the same in pro ball. The only difference in pros is that you don’t have to sit out a year if you get cut.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
Unfortunately this is college baseball. No matter where you go you have to prove yourself every day. Someone is always looking to take your spot and it is the same in pro ball. The only difference in pros is that you don’t have to sit out a year if you get cut.

And damn the NCAA for not allowing cut players to play immediately

Meh

It's more of a testimony of how willing this staff has been to brainwash so many kids into going a temperory roster they knew full well they had a long shot to make in the end while they could have been elsewhere developing somewhere with a real future.
Have heard everyone new exactly where they stood and decided to come and compete for the final spots instead of not enrolling or transferring out. Most of the SEC rosters had in the 40s as well. This college baseball in 2018 that is created by the 11.7. Coaches are fired if they don’t win games plain and simple.

Have heard everyone new exactly where they stood and decided to come and compete for the final spots instead of not enrolling or transferring out. Most of the SEC rosters had in the 40s as well. This college baseball in 2018 that is created by the 11.7. Coaches are fired if they don’t win games plain and simple.

Yea it's a win at all cost approach. I don't blame them but it doesn't make it right either

Yea it's a win at all cost approach. I don't blame them but it doesn't make it right either
TV alluded to it in a podcast this week with oncampustothecape.com. Basically saying it’s the landscape of college baseball right now. The 11.7 and the draft causes this mess. Move the scholarship limit up and this would cut this down immensely. Scholarship money eaten up by players who won’t see the field because they didn’t turn out puts a coach to the unemployment line.

TV alluded to it in a podcast this week with oncampustothecape.com. Basically saying it’s the landscape of college baseball right now. The 11.7 and the draft causes this mess. Move the scholarship limit up and this would cut this down immensely. Scholarship money eaten up by players who won’t see the field because they didn’t turn out puts a coach to the unemployment line.

Agreed on the draft but I don't agree that the 11.7 has any effect. More scholarships might cause coaches to cut players more so than before imo

Besides none of our roster getting cut at semester are scholarship guys anyway

Agreed on the draft but I don't agree that the 11.7 has any effect. More scholarships might cause coaches to cut players more so than before imo

Besides none of our roster getting cut at semester are scholarship guys anyway

I bet we would be shocked who isn’t on scholarship. If you are a TN resident there is a great chance you are not sharing in the 11.7. Ask Nick Sensel and many other starters over the last few years.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
Anybody know what the roster looks like right now? Are we waiting on the semester to end?

Meh

dreams...kids still do that...good thing too...wish them all the best...tough business...

GO BIG ORANGE!

Hearing they are NOT cutting any players , players will have the option to leave and several will be red shirted is what i am hearing. Look for a few to leave and about 9/10 red shirts. GO VOLS!!!!

question, as a "walk-on" redshirt, you don't count against the the 35 man roster however you also can't practice with the team, am I correct?

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back