Secret Scrimmage

Where r the statistics? Where is the stat sheet? Ijs. Kinda annoyed at her father for doing that, you don't do that. He wasn't even there. We are Lady Vols not some mom and pop program.

Someone's dad echoes the same thing, it didn't feel like a game, more like a glorified practice, a lot stoppage in play.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrozenLVFan
I'll call it bs....wouldn't be the first time some random guy put an exaggerated rumor of impressive performance would it?

No need to worry this game meant nothing and was basically a practice. If we actually missed that many layups will be a good thing to miss them in this kind of game to get it corrected and also get to work on whatever other defensive problems were having. Free throws are always a huge factor as to whether you win or lose. One of the huge things I'll be watching is Westbrook and a couple other players at the free throw line. Westbrook needs to show huge improvement at the line over last season. Your point guard has to make free throws or your doomed in close games.

No need to worry this game meant nothing and was basically a practice. If we actually missed that many layups will be a good thing to miss them in this kind of game to get it corrected and also get to work on whatever other defensive problems were having. Free throws are always a huge factor as to whether you win or lose. One of the huge things I'll be watching is Westbrook and a couple other players at the free throw line. Westbrook needs to show huge improvement at the line over last season. Your point guard has to make free throws or your doomed in close games.

I have been fussing at this staff and this organization for 2 years about practicing layups at half speed. This is where the problem is and this is where the problem will continue to be until they practicing at full speed, they won't make them at full speed consistently.

Did you ever have to push the pedal down and drive at a very high rate of speed.?.. Remember how uncomfortable you were. Adrenalin flowing. . . NASCAR drivers do the same thing while drinking a cup of coffee. Because they practice like they race. . . . You can't do a "layup line" layup like you do a full-tilt, being pursued, full-speed layup...Everything is different. Speed, reaction, flight, reaction to the release and while being defended or pursued....You have to practice them in a game environment to make them in games.

I time my players from: baseline to touching the glass on a jump...then I time their layup in the same context (baseline to ball off glass). If their times are more than 2/10th of a second slower, it is time to learn how to get it closer!

Oh,and BTW...Just let the teams pack it in the paint and open the door for us to shoot the 3 this year...
Go ahead, competition, zone against us all you want to. And please pack it in tight.

;o)

Last edited:
I have been fussing at this staff and this organization for 2 years about practicing layups at half speed. This is where the problem is and this is where the problem will continue to be until they practicing at full speed, they won't make them at full speed consistently.

We don’t always agree, but I believe you’re right. Something is off about how we practice layups. It doesn’t appear they are prepared for the types of layups they will make in games.

Can posters who work for UT or who are able to attend practices let the rest of us know how they are practicing layups?

This has been a huge concern for the past few years!

Reactions: cutiepie5
We don’t always agree, but I believe you’re right. Something is off about how we practice layups. It doesn’t appear they are prepared for the types of layups they will make in games.

Can posters who work for UT or who are able to attend practices let the rest of us know how they are practicing layups?

This has been a huge concern for the past few years!

Sorry, but you don't need inside people to verify what is outwardly apparent.
Might benefit them to have an option-skills coach for a summer.
Just a thought.

He
Did duke have lambert or is this when she re-injured herself ? I think the link confirms the father was not lying , not sure why anyone would be annoyed with someone giving 1st hand information versus not having any information at all .

He wasn't there. How is that a first hand account? Oh Zay told him.... Wuteva

Zay dad stated we lost by 1 point , but shot 33% from the free throw line and was 5-24 with point blank layups and holly was not to happy about the lay ups issue, but heard we were nervous.
Guess Meme played a lot with a layup stat like that! Yep, stop ragging her about it when she improves to 50% on fast break layups, but mainly, she doesn't run back down court smiling and laughing afterwards as the camera caught way to many times in the past. I scream pull up Everytime she leads the break! All the best to her, but it is a must in a leader to make the bunnies

Reactions: cutiepie5
Why is it w/e ? You do know thats his "Daughter" and she is actually ON THE TEAM right ? lol

Yeah. Daddy please don't do that again, keep Lady Vols private information in house.

Please do not share what you and your daughter talk about on Social Media to boost your club ball stuff.

Hopefully he is not one of those parents who wants to feel important using/exploiting his daughter (child) to increase his clout.

We are not some mom and pop program.

However this was the first time a scrimmage was mentioned on social media who they were playing and when?

Holly and staff tighten that up!

A scrimmage, that's all it was please don't paint or call the season over before it begins, that's all.

The sky is not fallin...

Last edited:
Don’t tell me what I need. Speak for yourself. You are consistently condescending and self-serving.
\

Wow! He is a coach! Smh! Must be YMCA! Players wouldn't play for him, or give him the time of day, for what you said, he's all in it for himself.

He just another male chauvinist who thinks a woman can't do the job like a man, maybe Pat cos she was exceptional, excellence, rare.

Last edited:
\

Wow! He is a coach! Smh! Must be YMCA! Players wouldn't play for him, or give him the time of day, for what you said, he's all in it for himself.

He just another male chauvinist who thinks a woman can't do the job like a man, maybe Pat cos she was exceptional, excellence, rare.

I've coached females exclusively for the entire time I have coached. I know a female can do anything a male can do.
Really???

Dang it P4, you let my opinion of you match your avatar again... Hey I've got a great idea maybe we got to let women vote or possibly even pay them equal pay for an equal jobs. Quit living in the sixties. I did!

Did I miss something ? Did someone provide a link of screen shot to anyone stating the information above?

Not saying it didn’t happen but we have some that say stats were posted while others say there were no stats kept. I’m just confused.

The one thing is we will all get a look next Monday as it is an exhibition and televised. I am interested in seeing line ups, if we make free throws, if we make layups, etc.

The biggest thing maybe we are going but am this team hold CN from getting off three point shots (even if they show improvement from first to second half) and not allow paint penetration. OH and let’s NOT give up 76 points LOL

We haven't lost any real games yet so no use in worrying about a scrimmage Holly got this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess Meme played a lot with a layup stat like that! Yep, stop ragging her about it when she improves to 50% on fast break layups, but mainly, she doesn't run back down court smiling and laughing afterwards as the camera caught way to many times in the past. I scream pull up Everytime she leads the break! All the best to her, but it is a must in a leader to make the bunnies

An "old time" cure for missing a layup with the customary 2 step approach is to skip on the first step.

First, off I don’t recall her saying all summer they had been working on turnovers. I heard her say they had been in the gym and working on skills. But I dont remember hearing her say we were running plays to become more comfortable to cut down on turnovers.

Also, how many quarters or periods were played? Were there 4 periods ? Did they do 6 or 8 periods which is also common. I am not gonna freak out about turnovers just yet ... now if we get to SEC and still making silly passes or getting the ball stolen then I’ll panic no doubt.

I don't think they need to "work" on turnovers. Based on last year, they are quite good at committing turnovers! haha (sadly)

VN Store

Back