'20 JUCO DE Jordan Davis (Mississippi State commit)

Yeah, I think he's pretty firmly committed to Bama. Pulling him would be a huge upset by this staff. Not counting them out, but I think Davis is almost deadset on going to Bama

Reactions: bpalmer28
Would be a Hell of a flip. Cause he been on bama bandwagon for a long time now. I would absolutely love it.

Reactions: SugarCC
this kid has been pretty much all about Bama for a long time.
If he is 2020 that's a year and a half. We dont know where our program will be then. He might be looking at a promising program where he can see the field early. The whole time he has been all bama UT hasnt shown any promise, only PT.

I won't buy any of it as long as he still has Alabama Commit under his name. This isn't a typical flip.... this kid has been a die hard Alabama guy, as soon as finding out he had to go Juco, he lamented it and spoke about trying to get back there, and then just like a week or so recommitted to them. All of a sudden theres steam to him coming to us? Idk.... doesn't pass the smell test to me.

However... with that said, if you look at it from the perspective of a JUCO guy only has 1-2 years to showcase his skills if he wants to go to the pros. He'd be behind the 8-ball there on account of their being a roster full of guys who have been in the program and know the system, as well as being likely equally as talented as he is.

Additionally, Nick Saban just turned 67 (today). Will he still be coaching in two years? Probably.... but will he still be coaching in three years or four years while JD is at AU? Possibly but maybe not. Want to go into your senior, potential showcase year, with a new head coaching staff?

Whereas you come to Tennessee at 21 years old, and we'll have some horses from the '19 class, but they'll only be sophmores when JD arrives. He could likely start over them if he's worth a damn. Pruitt and his staff are just starting out so there will be continuity. You stay in state, at a school you once had an affinity for. There are pro's to coming here.

That said, not buying it at this time.

Not true. This kid was high on UT before but mama wanted him at Bama $$$. Pruitt, Fulmer and the boys can flip this if they want to.

If this is about $$$ then we need to pony up. It's past time to stop screwing around and play with the big boys. The NCAA isn't going to do 'ish.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
I realize I am just an old man in a 28 year old body but someone is going to have to explain to me what the point of amassing a bunch of Twitter followers is if they are just going to to immediately unfollow when he doesn't sign here. Why is this such a priority for kids?

They're just chasing clout. Nothing particularly rational about it.

VN Store

Back