Question regarding official game threads

Jersey Moonshine

I posted a couple of topics yesterday and then couldn't find them. Realized later they were automatically folded into the official game thread. What's the reason for this? I would much rather have the option to scroll topics and read/respond depending on what interests me--same way as when a game isn't in progress. The game threads are fun but it's just stream of "Nice play!" or "Crap! Missed tackle." And a 75-page game thread isn't conducive to a more in-depth discussion on a specific topic during the game--even if it's relevant to the game itself--because you can't find replies. It's also possible I'm doing something dumb to make my posts disappear into the fog of the game thread and a simple setting change would fix ...

According to your post history your in-depth discussion topics were:
  1. Go Vols!!!
  2. That's an Odell Beckham move. Eliminate that crap from your game and you'll be a top 3 rounds NFL pick.
  3. Thanks, Juaun. That's partially on you. Great catch and run for the TD but that was an idiot move that hurt the team.

Reactions: volfanhill
  1. Go Vols!!!
  2. That's an Odell Beckham move. Eliminate that crap from your game and you'll be a top 3 rounds NFL pick.
  3. Thanks, Juaun. That's partially on you. Great catch and run for the TD but that was an idiot move that hurt the team.
Lol

Reactions: maotai
No site like this is ever going to be perfect, but this one is probably as close as you'll find. And the reason is the way it is run and the job the mods do to keep it navigable. I have had treads moved or deleted and yeah, it can be irritating. But you can't take it personally.

I hate it when I'm living my Amazon life and I'm researching a product and, in the "ask the community" section for folks to pose product questions, somebody invariably responds "I don't know - I haven't taken it out of the box, yet". Huh?

That said, I have no clue about how posts are handled, but I find the game threads useful for me to vent and pretend somebody cares about what I have to say. The dogs just look at me like I'm stupid.

Reactions: Freak
It’s not a perfect setup by any stretch but otherwise we end up with 500 topics during the game with threads like “bad call.” Luckily it’s only for a few hours 12 times a year.

But I get your point and we decided the game threads are the lesser of the two evils. And it depends on the mod sometimes, but we don’t merge every thread. Personally I’ll leave well-thought-out threads that add value.

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Go Vols!!!
Yeah, these sound like posts that would probably be merged into the game thread.

Reactions: maotai
It’s not a perfect setup by any stretch but otherwise we end up with 500 topics during the game with threads like “bad call.” Luckily it’s only for a few hours 12 times a year.

But I get your point and we decided the game threads are the lesser of the two evils. And it depends on the mod sometimes, but we don’t merge every thread. Personally I’ll leave well-thought-out threads that add value.

Thanks for the feedback.
Gotcha. Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work!

VN Store

Back