With Butch being back on the sideline...

I have no hard feelings for Butch. I am glad he is somewhere besides UT, but he was hired by others that didn't know what a football coach for UT was. This was his shot at big boy football and it was just out of his league. He will coach as head man somewhere else in the future and I wish him the best where ever he lands. Hope we beat the snot out of them this weekend, not because of Butch though, but because I love the Vols.

Well said sir. To add a little to this I honestly believe he gave everything he had to the cause. It did not work out. We know that this league proved to be too much for him to handle. I wish it would have worked out differently but hey that's life. I also remember that he did coach back to back 9 win seasons.

Reactions: UTNoFear
I have no hard feelings for Butch. I am glad he is somewhere besides UT, but he was hired by others that didn't know what a football coach for UT was. This was his shot at big boy football and it was just out of his league. He will coach as head man somewhere else in the future and I wish him the best where ever he lands. Hope we beat the snot out of them this weekend, not because of Butch though, but because I love the Vols.

This is how i felt until I found out what a jerk he really was.

What will be the reaction? How will we handle it? I expect Butch to be booed as soon as he touches the field and for us to give him and Bama 60 minutes of hell. GBO

Do us a favor regarding Lyle Allen Jones.

Let-go-Elsa-Frozen.jpg

Reactions: bpalmer28
I don’t really understand why we would boo him. Yeah he sucked it up, but we stayed clean from the NCAA, and didn’t really bolt on us in the middle of the night. Just didn’t have what it took to coach it this level. Not really boo worthy.

Plus, I think we’d look kinda dumb booing a players assistant.

When Randall Cunnningham was sent packing in Filth-a-delphia, he was booed. Years later, the fans appreciated him and put his name in their Ring Of Honor. Not saying that bUtch will get any recognition from U.T. in the future, but the critical comments will calm down, as time passes.
The only issues that I have with his time at U.T. are (1) He lost games that he should have easily won. (2) He left Pruitt with an empty cupboard (3) Now that he is owed a buy-out, rather than interview for the Oregon State job and possibly getting hired and relieving U.T. of some of the buy-out, he elects to go to Bama for $30,000 per year and stick it to U.T.

Before anyone asks, NO, I would not do that if I were in the same position that he is in. It is not against the law, to do so, but even Dooley went to Dallas and eased our buy out burden.

The best things for the fans is to just ignore him. Booing and heckling the man just makes us look bad. I thought it was cool at Georgia when some of the Georgia players greeted Pruitt after the game. If some of the Vols want to do that with Jones, that's great. If none of them do, that's fine too.

It will be hell trying to get in the stadium. Look for them to react like the time when Kiffin returned as OC for Alabama. Security will be way overly cautious until the last 25,000 to 30,000 people at each gate get fed up waiting to get in and push through towards the end of the 1st quarter.
I don't think there's that emotion, one way or another, about Butch. Kiffin context was different, he left us hanging....we wanted to Butch to leave.

Reactions: TrentVol
Well said sir. To add a little to this I honestly believe he gave everything he had to the cause. It did not work out. We know that this league proved to be too much for him to handle. I wish it would have worked out differently but hey that's life. I also remember that he did coach back to back 9 win seasons.
And the cause was "Butch Jones".
You can't be as stubborn as he was and get credit for 'giving your all'.
You sound kind in your comments and nothing against that at all but he gave his all for Butch, not UT. UT benefitted from him doing so, a little, but in the end he knew he was an imposter and chose to continue to get paid. Would most other people do the same, probably...doesn't make it any prettier to look at or pay for, if I was paying.

Didn't he have snide comments after he got fired? I may be wrong on that one. But, in the end, he's history and I'm indifferent to where he stands at the game as long as it isn't on VOLS sideline.

just don't care about him...at all...he gone!

GO VOLS...BEAT BAMA!
I don't either this game isn't about us vs him, he literally does nothing there. This is the 3 rd Saturday in October Tennessee vs Alabama and if they win I want them to know we were there

I agree with you. He was in a mismatch here given his capabilities.

I don’t hate him or anything. I saw him on the sideline in the Bama game the other night. Looked exactly the same and had the same look on his face.

He is but Alabama is equally scummy with or without Butch. It's about hating Alabama not him, he's not important enough to even factor in the equation

Funny he is being mocked for his emotion after the Georgia win. I remember watching that game at the hospital and trying not to look like a 6 year old on Christmas morning. Most folks, in that moment, took that as a sign of pride and praised the emotion after pulling at win out. Now we mock him for it. Makes no sense..

He had the look of a man who's @ss was inches from hell fire and he escaped it at the last second. That is what I remembered about it.

Remember, his defense had just been burned by another last minute miracle play and it was for all reason, looking like another national TV embarrassment and his star player literally bailed him out of a HUGE mess. Hense the tears (of relief).

He's a Bammer. I don't need any particular reason to boo the hell out of him. It just so happens I have a few, but in case I don't, the crimson shirt and affiliation with the most detestable college football fanbase in all of human history alone will be more than sufficient.

/thread

He is clearly taking advantage of the UT instead of making an honest effort to seek employment that is fitting his qualifications. UT is paying him $200,000 a month to sit on his duff and get Saban coffee while bama pays him 35,000 a year. He could easily get a job making 1 mil plus a year, which would reduce the burden on UT, but instead he is taking a gravy job at UT's expense. This is a vacation for him at he expense of UT...a program which he drove into the ground. Don't fool yourself into thinking he loved anything but his self here.
The man is learning from the best in the business. He is trying to better himself as a coach. He'll land on his feet

Absolutely there is blame to go around the administration....all the way up to Dipietro. There are always statements in these contracts regarding termination and the level of employment they are required to seek. The university could probably consider it a breach of contract depending on the wording, but it would cost the university more in litigation than it would to just pay the contract. The "issue" as you put it has to do with a moral problem which some people don't have the ability to understand.
If I morally enter a contract, I have no moral obligation to accept less money than the contract stated, just to save the other side money.

He had the look of a man who's @ss was inches from hell fire and he escaped it at the last second. That is what I remembered about it.

Remember, his defense had just been burned by another last minute miracle play and it was for all reason, looking like another national TV embarrassment and his star player literally bailed him out of a HUGE mess. Hense the tears (of relief).
We all felt that way. It was celebrated at the time.

If I morally enter a contract, I have no moral obligation to accept less money than the contract stated, just to save the other side money.
yeah, like any of us would give money back....

i wouldn't. if i could keep the money and be a greeter at Wal mart, i'd of done it.

Reactions: volfannbama
I don't think there's that emotion, one way or another, about Butch. Kiffin context was different, he left us hanging....we wanted to Butch to leave.

I agree with you, but how the University staff and Security react is what will I think be the pain.

VN Store

Back