Official Boxing thread

Glad to see Pacquiao on top again. First KO win since '09 for 60th career win.

Yeah, but that wasn't the same LM, I've seen destroy elite boxers. Maybe Manny was just that good, but I was very disappointed with LM's performance.

BTW, yes, the reason I keep referring to dude as LM because I have no chance of spelling his name correctly

Yeah, but that wasn't the same LM, I've seen destroy elite boxers. Maybe Manny was just that good, but I was very disappointed with LM's performance.

BTW, yes, the reason I keep referring to dude as LM because I have no chance of spelling his name correctly

Lucas?

Noch, have u seen Lucas fight before? Do u agree that he looked shot or Manny made him look shot, the other night?

Like Pret said, they're both shot. Matthysse is just waaaay more shot/didn't even care, he was getting a check, period. Pac still seems to have pretty good hand speed but his foot movement is just not there anymore.

If he has his way, he apparently wants to get brutalized by someone much better than that. Pretty sure Pac still has the most interest in a 137 catch weight with Vasyl.

I had GGG up 8-4 could see 7-5 or a draw but don't think canelo won this won either but it was a close fight with close rds

I had GGG up 8-4 could see 7-5 or a draw but don't think canelo won this won either but it was a close fight with close rds

That was one of the best boxing fights I've seen in a while. The Ramirez/Orozco fight Friday night was also a good one. Here is my take:

The first fight between GGG/Canelo was also a classic. I had GGG winning that fight easily. I was shocked they called it a draw.

The rematch last night was even better than the first fight. However, I had Canelo winning that fight. I wouldn't have been shocked by a draw though. I like GGG too. The only difference in this fight was that Canelo was the aggressor the entire fight. That's what gave him the victory. It was a close one.

Combined what you said with mine and that's why I'm not claiming robbery like a good bit of folks. There were 7-8 toss up rds and if you picked 12 folks that know boxing it'd more than likely be 4 on each side of who won and 4 for a draw

I think the outcry from fans comes from canelo always getting help even if it's not close. There was no way anyone could see the canelo Mayweather fight even except that one judge and no one saw canelo winning 10 rds in the first fight except that judge. It's like when Tennessee fans let out their frustration when they tried to push through another butch lvl hire

*edit thought I quoted you but guess o didn't and have no idea how in the new layout

Last edited:
Fury-Wilder tomorrow night, who y’all got?

Hard to know where Fury is physically (although he looks great), I think Wilder by KO

Fury-Wilder tomorrow night, who y’all got?

Hard to know where Fury is physically (although he looks great), I think Wilder by KO
Hoping you’re right about the KO. Fury had to drop a lot of weight to get where he is. Hard to guess about his stamina at this point

Anybody watching Wilder-Fury ? If so, please give round to round updates, if u can. Thanks. I'm predicting a Wilder 10th round KO, but if Fury is on his game, I could see a Fury win by decision

I didn't get to watch but twitter is freaking the **** out that Fury was robbed. It's a draw. Fury dominated the fight, but Wilder got two knockdowns and judges' scorecards were all over the place.

VN Store

Back