'18 Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pre-Game/Game Thread

35-17 Vols
Defense comes into it's own this wkend, with help from Neyland. We get 1 defensive TD, and 1 to 2 more turnovers that set up our offense.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
WGWTFA

What's Florida week, without the best gif of all time!!

941867.gif

Our slow starts this year has me pretty terrified of this game.... I think Florida strip sacks us early on and takes a 10-0 lead, but we settle in during the 2nd quarter and it's 10-7 at halftime.... 2nd half after a 2 hour lightning delay we come out and get an interception on Filupy Frunks and punch it in to make it 14-10. We have a busted coverage on a RB wheel route giving up a TD to scarlett making it 17-14. 4th quarter we go deep to Palmer and he sets us up with good field position for the go ahead score. Vols come out of Neyland with a 21-17 win after a huge 4th down stop with time running out as Neyland stadium shakes.

GBOOOOOOO

35-17 Vols
Defense comes into it's own this wkend, with help from Neyland. We get 1 defensive TD, and 1 to 2 more turnovers that set up our offense.

We have scored 35 points ONCE since 1995 and you think the worst offense that we have had in years will get that done! ONE time in 23 years! Those include the Tee Martin year, Peyton years, Bray year, when Tennessee had an offense that could score tons!

I think we've kept the play calling intentionally vanilla so far and will open up the play book Saturday. Jg will have a career game and we will look like the better team all day and win.
This doesnā€™t really happen.

We are what we have seen the last 3 weeks.

This doesnā€™t really happen.

We are what we have seen the last 3 weeks.
I agree with this. I used to think that we sometimes were "keeping it vanilla" but that literally never happens. We're not going to be dramatically different than what we've seen the first three games.

the callers on WNML are awful. i'll give the hosts credit for one thing, they're a lot more patient than i am. i'd of hung up on most of these folks by now. they just let them ramble on about the dumbest stuff............

My theory is that WNML does the tried and true method employed by political talk radio - employing paid callers. There's a reason why you hear the same voices over and over again with the "I'll hang up and listen" ending to the call.

I donā€™t think we win this game, it will be tight till the the 4th but our offense wonā€™t be able to move the ball and our defense will finally wear out and give some points up.

My theory is that WNML does the tried and true method employed by political talk radio - employing paid callers. There's a reason why you hear the same voices over and over again with the "I'll hang up and listen" ending to the call.
the guy that called in and was talking when i posted this....

well let's just say if they are paying that guy, they're not getting their money's worth. complete dolt.

Wishful thinking. We have been saying this for 5 years
we have, but in 2015, i'll even admit, up until the last 4 minutes of that game, i'd tell you it may have been the most aggressive play callin effort of the CBJ era. it's not w/out precedent that we throw some "new" stuff at them.

and i think the vanilla play calling (while i won't call it sandbagging for the SEC schedule) the first 3 games (WVU to a much lesser extent) had a whole lot more to do with working on our personnel vs. actually game planning opponents, looking for match up advantages etc....

i won't be surprised if we see a few things we haven't seen yet. but i don't look for us to deviate too far from what we've been doing either.....

Reactions: Sleegro
Having a hard time getting excited about this one. Battered fan syndrome I reckon?!?

Having the same feelings as wvu game, most likely a L, but with some good luck, could squeak out a W. solely depends on our Oline play I think. Feel that D will keep them tempered.

20-17 UF šŸ˜•

We have scored 35 points ONCE since 1995 and you think the worst offense that we have had in years will get that done! ONE time in 23 years! Those include the Tee Martin year, Peyton years, Bray year, when Tennessee had an offense that could score tons!
First off, this isn't the "worst offense we've had in years". Since memory is short, it seems, just last year we went, what, 12...13 straight quarters without scoring a touchdown? I believe that was the longest, or 2nd longest, such streak in college football over the last 10 yrs. If you truly believe this year's offense is as bad as last years, then the rest of your points lose merit.
However, even though I should've stopped reading beyond "worst offense...", I'll play along. Notice how I talked about the defense setting up most of our scoring. Not much talk about offense in my OP...at all...in fact, none. But, since we're on the subject...do I believe our offense can generate 2 drives to get us 2 TD's? I do...leaving the defense to set up the other scoring, as I originally posted.

we have, but in 2015, i'll even admit, up until the last 4 minutes of that game, i'd tell you it may have been the most aggressive play callin effort of the CBJ era. it's not w/out precedent that we throw some "new" stuff at them.

and i think the vanilla play calling (while i won't call it sandbagging for the SEC schedule) the first 3 games (WVU to a much lesser extent) had a whole lot more to do with working on our personnel vs. actually game planning opponents, looking for match up advantages etc....

i won't be surprised if we see a few things we haven't seen yet. but i don't look for us to deviate too far from what we've been doing either.....
This was my thinking. We kept it vanilla to focus on improving the basics against lesser opponents not to surprise Florida really. And it's not like we weren't taking shots either. We have had more 50 plus yard plays than we had all of last year. I'm just saying people have been complaining about the play calling not being aggressive enough and I think it will be more aggressive this week. Jg has shown he can be efficient and limit mistakes. And he has also shown he can hit some deep shots. I think jg has a career game.

VN Store

Back