'19 TX WR Jalen Curry

That sounds right, but all I definitely remember is her walking off the stage during his commitment ceremony.
I think what you're talking about occurred during last year's NSD. Can't remember who it was, though. The Mama came around if I recall.

Landon Collins was a few years back and there were issues with his Mom refusing to sign the NLI...if it was indeed Collins.

Edit...I think KPT is right, it was Alex Collins. Landon Collins, Alex Collins, Alex Trebek...it was one of those guys.

I remember two from UF. CeCe Jefferson's father wouldn't sign his LOI a couple of years ago. And Jacob Copeland's mother walked out when he committed to the Gators. She was wearing a UT hat. Pruitt recruited Copeland at Bama, and we really wanted him in this class.

I remember two from UF. CeCe Jefferson's father wouldn't sign his LOI a couple of years ago. And Jacob Copeland's mother walked out when he committed to the Gators. She was wearing a UT hat. Pruitt recruited Copeland at Bama, and we really wanted him in this class.
Copeland was who I remembered from last year...

Reactions: LA Vol
Nice! Looking forward to seeing Jalen Curry become part of Tennessee's long tradition of legendary wide receivers.

Here are Tennessee Volunteers Wide Receivers who were drafted to play in the NFL:

Josh Malone, Cordarrelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, Denarius Moore, Robert Meachem,
Mark Jones, Kelley Washington, Donte' Stallworth, Cedrick Wilson, Peerless Price,
Marcus Nash, Andy McCullough, Joey Kent, Nilo Silvan, Billy Williams, Cory Fleming,
Carl Pickens, Alvin Harper, Anthony Morgan, Vince Moore, Thomas Woods, Anthony Miller,
Joey Clinkscales, Tim McGee, Eric Swanson, Clyde Duncan, Lenny Taylor, Willie Gault,
Darryal Wilson, Mike Miller, Anthony Hancock, Jeff Moore, Stanley Morgan, Larry Seivers,
and Lester McClain.

That list doesn't include Tennessee wide receivers who weren't drafted, but signed a contract with an NFL team
after the draft like Josh Smith and Jason Croom among others.

Last edited:
Nice! Looking forward to seeing Jalen Curry become part of Tennessee's long tradition of legendary wide receivers.

Here are Tennessee Volunteers Wide Receivers who were drafted to play in the NFL:

Josh Malone, Cordarrelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, Denarius Moore, Robert Meachem,
Mark Jones, Kelley Washington, Donte' Stallworth, Cedrick Wilson, Peerless Price,
Marcus Nash, Andy McCullough, Joey Kent, Nilo Silvan, Billy Williams, Cory Fleming,
Carl Pickens, Alvin Harper, Anthony Morgan, Vince Moore, Thomas Woods, Anthony Miller,
Joey Clinkscales, Tim McGee, Eric Swanson, Clyde Duncan, Lenny Taylor, Willie Gault,
Darryal Wilson, Mike Miller, Anthony Hancock, Jeff Moore, Stanley Morgan, Larry Seivers,
and Lester McClain.

That list doesn't include Tennessee wide receivers who weren't drafted, but signed a contract with an NFL team
after the draft like Josh Smith and Jason Croom among others.
You may be a little premature here

You may be a little premature here

Actually, it's perfect timing. Did you read the end of his official offer from Tennessee dated August 1st?

"Our staff and I are looking forward to seeing you on Rocky Top soon! Go Vols!" - Jeremy Pruitt

To add to my previous post, It's not just the all time history either, because even in the last ten years, Tennessee has had twice as many wide receivers drafted into the NFL than Auburn, so Tennessee wins the battle over Auburn if football after college is a consideration for a wide receiver choosing between those two schools. Facts.

Some men, ya just can’t reach

In this case, that refers to you and everyone who liked your critical post because there's nothing to criticize about what I posted at all. I posted what I said for the same reason it's on the official offer and every offer that's sent out -- because it's true.

I can look forward to something I hope happens at my sole discretion. If something doesn't happen that I looked forward to then life goes on, but at no point was it premature to look forward to it. These types of gestures are made in good faith. It's not a prediction. That's where you and those who liked your post got it wrong. When I pointed it out to you that the official offer letter said the same thing that I did and dated the same day I said it, it wasn't because I thought it was unique. I knew they all say it. The point I made and that y'all missed is that there was nothing "premature" about me saying it on here just like there was nothing premature about Coach Pruitt saying it in the letter so any insinuation that I was premature was flat out wrong. The snarky comment about "some men you just can't reach" was wrong too because you reached me with your error and then I corrected you.

Last edited:
Well, I'll tell you what. Since it looks like a few are concerned that I may be a little premature about looking forward to seeing Jalen Curry on Rocky Top just because that same verbiage is on every offer, allow me to set your minds at ease by walking that statement back a bit just for you.

If Jalen Curry should accept the offer and commit, then and only then will I begin to look forward to it.

VN Store

Back