DAMN! (AKA The Hot Dog Thread)

orangetd88

Agent of Chaos
That one hurt...had chances to win it at the end of regulation and in ot and couldn't get off a good shot.

Ahh, such is the life of following UT basketball.

I tell you what, I think that Buzz got out coached tonight. I don't know how long it's going to take him to learn that you can foul when you are up three with time running out. I know hindsight is 20/20 but it just doesn't make sense to me.

I have to say that I am really concerned about this program and the ability of Buzz as a head coach. I know people love him and will say just give it time but I really don't think he is getting the most out of this team. I hope he proves me wrong.

After going to the game tonight I have to add my pure disgust with Thomson Boiling Arena. First of all they were out of hotdogs by halftime. I went to four different places and all were out. Some were out of food all together. That has to be some of the worst piss poor planning I have ever seen. Only at Tennessee. Second, with about 5-6 minutes left in the game a group of police officers went and stood in front of the student section. Any students on the first couple of rows could not see the game. They don't make it easy to go to these games. I am very frustrated with the University right now.

Reactions: DC_Vol
Freak, we might have been outcoached, but as ice cold as Kentucky was from the 3 pt line, it was only a matter of time before a couple of them went down. That last 3 pointer in regulation was an absolute prayer.

It was disappointing that we couldn't get any better looks with time winding down in regulation and in OT.

How about Bradshaw and Wingate coming up big though?

I agree that Kentucky was ice cold from 3 land. They had several chances late to put us away. I think on one posession they had 4 shots and couldn't score.

I was impressed with Wingate last night. He still has a long way to go. I have noticed that he doesn't take care of the ball very well at times. But you can see him gaining confidence. I really like Bradshaw's energy and effort to try and make things happen. He tends to take some bad shots when he drives the lane but you have to give him credit for his effort. He is one of the only ones on the team that will penetrate.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jan 21 2004, 04:57 AM
First of all they were out of hotdogs by halftime.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are seriously hilarious, Freaky! That line is a CLASSIC!!

Freak, I agree that TBA is not a great place to watch a game. They over do it with the ushers and cops. I have heard numerous stories of folks having seats in the upper seats and moving down to the lower seats, only to be threatened to be kicked if they didn't move because those were donor seats (like they are ever going to show up). Some of these stories are from the Kevin O'Neil/Wade Houston days, too.

Would it be possible to implode TBA and build a nicer arena on top of it in a year? LOL

I have heard similar stories as well. TBA has been all bad for this program. I would even take back Stokely.

Who ever thought we could fill up that many seats?

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jan 20, 2004 11:57 PM
I tell you what, I think that Buzz got out coached tonight. I don't know how long it's going to take him to learn that you can foul when you are up three with time running out. I know hindsight is 20/20 but it just doesn't make sense to me.

I have to say that I am really concerned about this program and the ability of Buzz as a head coach. I know people love him and will say just give it time but I really don't think he is getting the most out of this team. I hope he proves me wrong.

After going to the game tonight I have to add my pure disgust with Thomson Boiling Arena. First of all they were out of hotdogs by halftime. I went to four different places and all were out. Some were out of food all together. That has to be some of the worst piss poor planning I have ever seen. Only at Tennessee. Second, with about 5-6 minutes left in the game a group of police officers went and stood in front of the student section. Any students on the first couple of rows could not see the game. They don't make it easy to go to these games. I am very frustrated with the University right now.

This is why we rag Freak about hot dogs, Stormy. It was funnier when it happened.
You just had to be there.

:eek:lol:

Reactions: deezvols
Who is dragging up old posts..........LIO!!!!!

You ain't seen nuthin' yet, Freak.

I'll teach you to put Diana Tahorsey on MY sig!

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jul 23, 2004 5:36 PM
I thought that up just now. LOL

Sure you did. That's too good. You copied it from somebody.

:Bbiteme:

You ever HEARD it before now??

No

Wanna know why????

Because I made it up!!

Originally posted by Volstorm@Jul 24, 2004 1:49 AM
YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to admit it's pretty funny.

I still get tickled at it. You were so mad, Freak. And the disgust was so evident in your post.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jul 24, 2004 11:25 AM
I still get tickled at it. You were so mad, Freak. And the disgust was so evident in your post.

I was a little riled up!

VN Store

Back