What irritates you the most at restaurants?

Walking out of a restaurant without my sunglasses while the sun is still up is akin to driving 10 penny nails into my eyeballs. Lol

Do you frequently eat in unlit caves?

I mean what did you expect? A “journalist” got on Reddit and found 21 things servers griped about. Then they ask you to pay money to read things like that. Amazing.

True. Maybe they should have sourced material not from an IHOP or Denny's servers.

This annoys me while I'm eating and some customer looks at what I am having and asks me that. Obviously, if I ordered it and I'm eating it, it must be good.

I went to the Carmel Kitchen & Wine Bar in Tampa two weeks ago.
Saw a couple eating Ahi Tuna Tartare and asked how they liked it. They both said that it was just okay and that they would not order it again. I got the Black Bean Hummus instead.

It didn’t bother me but you folks in the service industry tell me if this is bad form. While sitting at the bar Sunday both bartenders where talking about why the even work doubles anymore as yesterday they only made 10 bucks on the early shift. It was easily heard in clear earshot of all the bar patrons sitting at the bar. Didn’t change my tip as the service was good and the food was excellent. Just wondered as a bar manager or bar tender what your thoughts are on this

Yes. Inexcusable.

To be fair it wasn’t busy and I just don’t think the two bar tenders thought about discussing it openly. Almost like they were having the discussion on a patio or whatever. Oh well, just checking.

To be fair it wasn’t busy and I just don’t think the two bar tenders thought about discussing it openly. Almost like they were having the discussion on a patio or whatever. Oh well, just checking.

It didn't bother you but here you are talking about it on an internet message board.

That's no criticism towards you, I just think if it didn't bother you at all we wouldn't be discussing it. In my opinion it should bother you.

Its very unprofessional and should never happen.

Reactions: 1 person
It didn't bother you but here you are talking about it on an internet message board.

That's no criticism towards you, I just think if it didn't bother you at all we wouldn't be discussing it. In my opinion it should bother you.

As a customer it had no effect on my meal or tip but I thought of this thread and as a mod I feel the need to drive discussion so I shared. Feel free to send a complaint to freak if you have an issue with my tactics. Have a nice day

As a customer it had no effect on my meal or tip but I thought of this thread and as a mod I feel the need to drive discussion so I shared. Feel free to send a complaint to freak if you have an issue with my tactics. Have a nice day

What just happened?

What just happened?

Just explaining my post is all. Figured i would get the industry’s scoop. And honestly when I heard the comments, I thought I wonder what dinkin, you, Chad, and Crusse would think so I posted it here.

Haha do you think the 6 o’clock news is just a collection of stories that bothered the anchors?

You can relay information objectively without being agitated by it.

Reactions: 2 people
My opinion is every thought someone has about their experience at a restaurant should be positive.

Big daddy asking about two bartenders talking about how much money they are making, good or bad, behind the bar where guests can hear them is not positive. In my opinion it is very negative and unprofessional. Guests don't want to hear and shouldn't have to hear crap like that.

On a scale of 0-10 on how much it bothered you, maybe this only registered as a .5, my point was as a guest it did "bother" you enough to question it here. I think it should bother you a little. As an owner or manager it would bother me about an 8. If I had heard that conversation as an owner or manager, they both get a "wtf were you thinking" office meeting.

I thought by saying "this is no criticism" and "it should bother you" you might understand what I meant and a Tl;Dr explanation would be needed.

I am so sorry I didn't convey my thoughts more clearly.

Reactions: 1 person
And on the flip side, Behrman is anxious to fire anyone for the slightest miscue.

Nope, but I'd love to see some of you guys attitudes and answers to some of these questions if you were responsible for a restaurant.

I'll never make it out to be any harder than any other business, but it is a hard one to stay on top of and make money. Little chit like that issue above can make a difference.

Reactions: 2 people
Nope, but I'd love to see some of you guys attitudes and answers to some of these questions if you were responsible for a restaurant.

I'll never make it out to be any harder than any other business, but it is a hard one to stay on top of and make money. Little chit like that issue above can make a difference.

This is the second time I have heard someone recently say it was hard to make money in the food business.

What is the margin on food and drink ?

I was always under the assumption you could make a killing if you made repeatedly good food at a decent cost with good service.

This is the second time I have heard someone recently say it was hard to make money in the food business.

What is the margin on food and drink ?

I was always under the assumption you could make a killing if you made repeatedly good food at a decent cost with good service.

I had a really long post that better explained it, but it was definitely Tl;Dr.

You can make good money, there are just so many ways to lose it and its really hard to control it. And, with so many options for people to choose from, you can't afford to let them leave unhappy or questioning anything about their experience at your restaurant.

Reactions: 3 people
My opinion is every thought someone has about their experience at a restaurant should be positive.

Big daddy asking about two bartenders talking about how much money they are making, good or bad, behind the bar where guests can hear them is not positive. In my opinion it is very negative and unprofessional. Guests don't want to hear and shouldn't have to hear crap like that.

On a scale of 0-10 on how much it bothered you, maybe this only registered as a .5, my point was as a guest it did "bother" you enough to question it here. I think it should bother you a little. As an owner or manager it would bother me about an 8. If I had heard that conversation as an owner or manager, they both get a "wtf were you thinking" office meeting.

I thought by saying "this is no criticism" and "it should bother you" you might understand what I meant and a Tl;Dr explanation would be needed.

I am so sorry I didn't convey my thoughts more clearly.

That seems more reasonable than firing someone.

VN Store

Back