VanDarius Cowan

85 on a roster to players we’re ALLOWED to take in a class? Paying off blueshirt credit card bills. We have room on the 85. He’s worth it as an athlete but a liability discipline wise.

Agreed. But he'd obviously have a real short leash. You could get away with bringing this kid in this year. Probably not so much in future years. Not sure how I'd fell about it tbh

Agreed. But he'd obviously have a real short leash. You could get away with bringing this kid in this year. Probably not so much in future years. Not sure how I'd fell about it tbh

He wouldn't be able to get in this year though right?

Butch Jones also put a stop to signing athletes that can compete at a championship level. If you recruit hulks, you will inevitably get hulk behavior. It's just a matter of keeping control of your program.

Yep. Jones did a good job of controlling that area of his program. Gotta give credit where it's due.

If we took him, then I'd bring him now and toss the 2nd year of eligibility. The odds of him playing well with others thru a whole RS season and off season are slim. If you take him, burn the SO year and bring him in as a Jr. You'll never get over 2 years out of him anyway. May have $1million talent and leave anyway.

I have a hard time believing JP goes after this kid, unless he knows something we don't.

Reactions: 1 person
If we took him, then I'd bring him now and toss the 2nd year of eligibility. The odds of him playing well with others thru a whole RS season and off season are slim. If you take him, burn the SO year and bring him in as a Jr. You'll never get over 2 years out of him anyway. May have $1million talent and leave anyway.

I have a hard time believing JP goes after this kid, unless he knows something we don't.

Wouldn't he have to sit out a year at least due to NCAA transfer rules. Pretty sure this isn't a grad transfer.

I don’t think we’re at a full 85... so yeah. There was talk that we couldn’t get Peterson AND Lawless in because you can only have 25 new scholarship spots in a CLASS per year. Transfers don’t count towards a class.

I don’t think we’re at a full 85... so yeah. There was talk that we couldn’t get Peterson AND Lawless in because you can only have 25 new scholarship spots in a CLASS per year. Transfers don’t count towards a class.

But doesn't he have to sit out a year either way?

But doesn't he have to sit out a year either way?

If he were a grad transfer? No. He’s a regular transfer. He sits out a transfer year. Has nothing to do with class numbers.

Transfers are counters, not initial counters. Peterson will put us at the limit this year.

Transfers are counters, not initial counters. Peterson will put us at the limit this year.

giphy.gif

sounds like he needs to go to juco and get his head right

I can see both arguments, I think Pruitt and co. are young and energetic enough to handle this kid if they do ultimately take him. I think Satan has hell running smoothly and he’s advancing in years. Quite frankly, I think he just doesn’t have the energy or will to deal with this kid when he has the quality of souls working his lake of fire.

Transfers are counters, not initial counters.
:hi: No disrespect intended, but that's false.

Facts: All transfers count against the new (August 1, 2017) separate limit of 25 signees (LOI or scholarship agreement) per academic year as well as the annual 25 initial counters and 85 total counters limits.

VanDarious Cowan facts:

History: Kicked off his HS team for misbehavior.

Strike 1: Irresponsible with his academics -- suspended from part of spring practice.

Strike 2: Failed drug test(s) -- NCAA suspension for 2018 season (partial to full) pending.

Strike 3: Arrested for punching a guy in a bar.

He gone. Ya'll can have him if you want him, that is if the SEC doesn't prohibit it due to the violence-related arrest and charges he's facing.

It's a saddening shame he's such a knucklehead, because he's a dang good football player.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Not trying to be combative, but can you provide a source? The NCAA by-laws only address the case of returning two-year transfer (i.e. someone who was an initial counter, goes to a two-year college, and returns to the original school) otherwise the section on initial counters does not address transfers one way or the other.

My post was confusing-- sorry! Transfers count against the signing cap and the roster limit. The term Initial Counter is generally used when a player is first put on scholarship, but applies to the 25/85 at the next school.

I don't see why UT would take Cowan-- for multiple reasons and cap count is the least of it.

:hi: No disrespect intended, but that's false. Facts:

All transfers count against the new separate limit of 25 signees (LOI or scholarship agreement) per academic year as well as the annual 25 initial counters and 85 total counters limits. Sitting out a year does not defer them to counting against the following year's 25 limits. The only way that can happen is if they enroll mid-year.

Vandarious Cowan:

Strike 1: Irresponsible with his academics -- suspended from part of spring practice.

Strike 2: Failed drug test(s) -- NCAA suspension for 2018 season (partial to full) pending.

Strike 3: Arrested for punching dude in a bar.

He gone. Ya'll can have him if you want him, that is if the SEC doesn't prohibit it due to the violence-related arrest and charges he's facing.
Tell Scott Cochran to stop lacing the steroids with cocaine and you wouldn’t have these issues with your linebackers fighting people in bars and your own coaches on the sideline.

Reactions: 2 people
:hi: No disrespect intended, but that's false. Facts:

All transfers count against the new separate limit of 25 signees (LOI or scholarship agreement) per academic year as well as the annual 25 initial counters and 85 total counters limits. Sitting out a year does not defer them to counting against the following year's 25 limits. The only way that can happen is if they enroll mid-year.

Vandarious Cowan:

Strike 3: Arrested for punching dude in a bar.

So Jalen Hurd counted against Baylor’s class last year? Bull****...he didn’t. Thanks for the PERMISSION to take him...IF we want him...how generous and powerless at the same time. :hi:

VN Store

Back