Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Any Owners?

Bump.

I'm about to get in the game. Driven but never owned.

Things you wish you'd have known prior to buying?

The only thing I would have done differently is I would have gotten the Freedom hard top. I don't take the soft top all the way down that often, and with mine being an Unlimited, it's a bit cumbersome to do alone. Freedom hard top would have been fine for me.

Bump.

I only recently learned that an LS3 will fit in the engine compartment.

The ceiling-mounted hardtop lifts are really handy.

LED lights are a must, as the standard factory lamps are very dim. I went with a highly-rated "off-brand" on Amazon and have been extremely pleased, but who knows how long they will last ($200 vs. $1000 for headlights and fog floods).

If you are considering upgrading the lights and replacing the bumper/adding a winch, DO BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.

I only recently learned that an LS3 will fit in the engine compartment.

The ceiling-mounted hardtop lifts are really handy.

LED lights are a must, as the standard factory lamps are very dim. I went with a highly-rated "off-brand" on Amazon and have been extremely pleased, but who knows how long they will last ($200 vs. $1000 for headlights and fog floods).

If you are considering upgrading the lights and replacing the bumper/adding a winch, DO BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.

I like the idea of owning a Wrangler... and it will need to be lifted and on steroids... as in LS3 engine. There seems to be one company that is getting good reps for installation. Many others not so much good press... it is not a straight forward process and shortcuts can be had, to the owners dismay.

I like the idea of owning a Wrangler... and it will need to be lifted and on steroids... as in LS3 engine. There seems to be one company that is getting good reps for installation. Many others not so much good press... it is not a straight forward process and shortcuts can be had, to the owners dismay.

Yeah, Bruiser Conversions has the corner on that market. I could never justify the $20,000+ upgrade, but I have a friend that just did it. It's quite amazing (and sounds ridiculous).

There's a place in Boone, NC called Rubitrux. Look them up. They make some nice looking conversions. $$$$

The rubitrux are awesome, definitely pricey though. I want to buy a stock Rubi and add my own stuff to it. For me half the fun of owning one is going through the trials and tribulations of personalizing it and being able to say "I did that."

I was going to just buy a sport and completely start with a clean slate, but it seems that with the new JLs, the Rubicon upgrades some of the off-roading capability with the suspension and sway bar, so I figure it's better to get those features off the lot versus trying to add later on.

I recently added to my amateur mechanic skills by learning how to replace the thermostat after my local dealer tried to charge me $500+tax to do so. The part was $40 and I had to add about half a gallon of coolant. It took me about an hour, but I could do it again in 30 minutes, now that I know what I'm doing.

Anyone here have any knowledge about what a Jeep Wrangler Sahara is worth? Specifically a 2008 with 70k miles that is a 2 owner both local. It's for sale at Harper Acura and they're asking $16250.

Anyone here have any knowledge about what a Jeep Wrangler Sahara is worth? Specifically a 2008 with 70k miles that is a 2 owner both local. It's for sale at Harper Acura and they're asking $16250.
That's really low miles for any vehicle of that age. If it's been kept up well, coupled with the low mileage, that might not be a bad deal at all. Jeeps hold their value pretty well.

That's really low miles for any vehicle of that age. If it's been kept up well, coupled with the low mileage, that might not be a bad deal at all. Jeeps hold their value pretty well.
I would check the service history. Sometimes a car is low mileage because it was a lemon and spent a ridiculous amount of time in the shop. Also, check carefully for rust as it could have been a car someone kept at the beach and low mileage may be attributed to only having been driven seasonally.

Bump.

To have someone else pay for the lift and tires, then buy it from them.

I could get VFL Chris Brown to hook u up with a sweet one at Harper VW. There are a couple sweet ones on the lot now.

2006 Rubicon LJ . Absolutely love this vehicle. Told the wife I'm dying in this bad boy lol.
I'm selling mine if you know anyone that would be interested in an LJ rubicon. Dual tops, full and half doors, 4.7 stroker with about 30k miles on it. 2" bds lift, antirock, tummy tuck, rocket guards, 8274 warn

Last edited:

VN Store

Back