2018 SEC Draft Thread

Any idea what he signed for? I don't even know the slot value.

TIA.

No clue. A buddy of mine works for the JC organization where he signed today and I saw where he liked the picture of Benito signing today.

Added about 15 signings this morning. Pompey for Kentucky is about to sign so I will add his when I see the totals.

know i know, but nothing offical on Guilbe yet. People are signing around him for 150 with max being 300. Padres have $10.92 million total (including 5% overage). They have 6.5 Million left to spend with round 1 (5.5M), round 3 (800K), and 10 (141K but senior) left to sign.

So summing it up: 6.5 left of bonus pool. With 6.4 in slots left, but they will have to pay a tax going into that range. They have not gone over in a single 11+ round signing yet. Weathers (thier first overall round) is going to command ALOT. Also their 3rd round is a sophmore and will command a good amount too. Believe when I see it, but its going to be interesting.

Round 12 | MLB.com

Saw that Vandy signee Ethan Hankins has signed with Chipola JC. Still in talks with the Indians but if a deal doesn't get done it looks like he will not be going to Vandy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
know i know, but nothing offical on Guilbe yet. People are signing around him for 150 with max being 300. Padres have $10.92 million total (including 5% overage). They have 6.5 Million left to spend with round 1 (5.5M), round 3 (800K), and 10 (141K but senior) left to sign.

So summing it up: 6.5 left of bonus pool. With 6.4 in slots left, but they will have to pay a tax going into that range. They have not gone over in a single 11+ round signing yet. Weathers (thier first overall round) is going to command ALOT. Also their 3rd round is a sophmore and will command a good amount too. Believe when I see it, but its going to be interesting.

Round 12 | MLB.com

Update here. Padres have 5.132 Million left to sign their #1 pick. Which has a value of 5.226 Million. The player is Weathers from Loretto who wants a ton. Guilbe apparently still hasnt signed. He has a slot of 125K and anything over that must count toward the bonus pool money. Still a long shot but....

Update here. Padres have 5.132 Million left to sign their #1 pick. Which has a value of 5.226 Million. The player is Weathers from Loretto who wants a ton. Guilbe apparently still hasnt signed. He has a slot of 125K and anything over that must count toward the bonus pool money. Still a long shot but....

Weathers is going to sign. No doubt about it imo

Yes. But how much does that leave for Guilbe

Plenty. There were rumors he was willing to sign for under 4mil before the draft. I am sure he is milking that for all it's worse but when push comes to shove they will sign both of them imo

Here is my understanding of this.

Take the entire slot $ the padres had for the top 10 rounds. Add 5% to that and that's what they can spend over 125 combined for any players signed after the top 10 rounds without penalty

Here is my understanding of this.

Take the entire slot $ the padres had for the top 10 rounds. Add 5% to that and that's what they can spend over 125 combined for any players signed after the top 10 rounds without penalty

Yes. I just need someone to crunch numbers. It isn’t a lot. I think Weathers going full a lot put them into the overage by 100k already.

Yes. I just need someone to crunch numbers. It isn’t a lot. I think Weathers going full a lot put them into the overage by 100k already.

Looks like the padres have just north of 10mil in their pool. That gives them a hair over 500k extra to spend with the 5% overage.

Byrne and India should be signed by the Reds this week according to our beat writers.

VN Store

Back