Biopsy's airline gripe thread

Nobody knew what was the matter. He was traveling alone. They searched through his carry on to see if he had anything that would indicate he has some kind of condition. They made an announcement asking if someone had a blood test kit, which someone did. His blood sugar was 114, which didn’t appear to be problematic - at least not to cause the guy to be in his given state. Seemed like the doc gave him an IV and just hoped for the best.

If you have an iPhone you can enter in data on the Health app that can be accessed from the lock screen. That way if you do have a condition and are unconscious a bystander or medic can help out. It shows up under Emergency on the lock screen.

There was a guy on my flight today who lost consciousness and fell out of his seat into the aisle. They got him back into his seat and he came to for a second. But then lost consciousness again. I’ve never seen that look on someone’s face. It looked to me like he was going to die. They started calling for a doctor. Other passengers were trying to get him to come to. Some guy was using his fingers to keep his eyes open. It didn’t seem to me there was a doctor because several minutes passed and nobody showed up. I wondered why they didn’t immediately begin to divert the flight. Eventually a doctor showed up although I don’t know what kind of doctor he was. He put the guy back on the floor. After about 5 minutes the attendants showed up with a medical kit and the doctor grabbed a saline back and gave the guy and IV. The guy was still out of it. And still no attempt to land. After about 10 minutes he started coming to. But he just laid there the rest of the flight. When we finally landed the paramedics came on and took the guy out. He was at least conscious and able to speak. But I wonder if there hadn’t been a doctor or if whatever the doctor had determined was the matter meant that he needed immediate help we could at least have been already diverted and about to land.

Wow!

You may not fly enough Or have a lot of experience with multiple airports

Definitely.... Fly very often and you're going to run up against a TSA agent with a God complex. I've never seen a collective group with lower morale in my life.

Reactions: 2 people
Definitely.... Fly very often and you're going to run up against a TSA agent with a God complex. I've never seen a collective group with lower morale in my life.

Low morale and high authority, take a guess what they do to make themselves feel better.

On the flip side, the number of people who still try to walk through a detector with a metal watch or a pocketful of change would eventually make anyone short tempered.

I thing I would like is consistency and every airport

"One thing I would like is consistency at every airport."

Is that correct?

Yes.. Not all TSA pre are alike, Some place they want you to take your computer out and even take your belt off, other places take your shoes off and leave your computer in the your bag

Reactions: 1 person
I thing I would like is consistency and every airport
:lolabove:
Agree...I flew out of Tampa with a butter knife that had the tiny serrated edges. TSA agent looked it up and told me that it was not on the banned list and it would be okay. He said that only knives with large serrated edges such as a steak knife is banned. Got to Miami and the agent there said it was banned. I told her that it was checked out in Tampa but she refused to even look it up.

Not all TSA agents are bad but there are enough surly ones to make travel frustrating sometimes.

Reactions: 1 person
:lolabove:
Agree...I flew out of Tampa with a butter knife that had the tiny serrated edges. TSA agent looked it up and told me that it was not on the banned list and it would be okay. He said that only knives with large serrated edges such as a steak knife is banned. Got to Miami and the agent there said it was banned. I told her that it was checked out in Tampa but she refused to even look it up.

Not all TSA agents are bad but there are enough surly ones to make travel frustrating sometimes.

I guess one mistake and they get fired so they probably got no choice -- what was the butter knife for anyway ?

I guess one mistake and they get fired so they probably got no choice -- what was the butter knife for anyway ?

For buttering bread:)

Actually, a friend asked me to bring it down to her as it was part of a set that her mom had given her. I was able to get my checked luggage and put it in there so all turned out well.

For buttering bread:)

Actually, a friend asked me to bring it down to her as it was part of a set that her mom had given her. I was able to get my checked luggage and put it in there so all turned out well.

lol ok - just that when my daughter was in HS a couple years ago, a stupid kid was expelled for stealing a butter knife out of the cafeteria -- motive unknown - just an idiot I guess

I’ve also never had an issue with the TSA. Global Entry and Pre-check help that, I’m sure.
Gate agents and luggage agents on the other hand have been grouchy at times. My attitude about my flight or luggage was, possibly, a contributing factor as well.

I’ve also never had an issue with the TSA. Global Entry and Pre-check help that, I’m sure.
Gate agents and luggage agents on the other hand have been grouchy at times. My attitude about my flight or luggage was, possibly, a contributing factor as well.

They take their job way to serious.. they act as if no one has been on airplane since 911. I did not know that I could not carry a flame thrower on the plane. Really?

I recently had no issue carrying on my bazooka. Came in handy when I accidentally crossed the DMZ heading north.

Yes.. Not all TSA pre are alike, Some place they want you to take your computer out and even take your belt off, other places take your shoes off and leave your computer in the your bag

This is a complaint on policy and procedures that I completely support. I originate from a regional airport sometimes that makes you pull out your packaged food items, like granola bars, to be reviewed prior to scan. No where else but that 1 airport. No matter the agent.

I’ve never had a personal issue with TSA but am always baffled on how they allocate their personnel. I’ve seen numerous times when less than half of their check lines were open yet 10-15 agents were standing around watching others do their job or were fiddling with the rope lines for the 100 people waiting. Or 100 people in line and an agent just stops checking and closes his/her post and walks away.

VN Store

Back