Biopsy's airline gripe thread

Just helping out mankind ...

You aren't helping out mankind. You are giving business travelers a bad name by making us all sound like arrogant d-bags which is not accurate at all.

I just spent 41 hours traveling back home when it should of been 29 hours. The pilot of my flight from Tokyo to Minneapolis got sick and they had to delay which resulted in me missing my connection and adding on some time. Not a big deal, people get sick. I still made it home to my pregnant wife and was able to kiss her good night.

Stop being such a self centered person and understand the people working for the airlines are human beings and stuff happens. Weather happens as well. You might have a better outlook on life if you realized this.

Just my two cents :hi::hi:

Reactions: 7 people
You aren't helping out mankind. You are giving business travelers a bad name by making us all sound like arrogant d-bags which is not accurate at all.

I just spent 41 hours traveling back home when it should of been 29 hours. The pilot of my flight from Tokyo to Minneapolis got sick and they had to delay which resulted in me missing my connection and adding on some time. Not a big deal, people get sick. I still made it home to my pregnant wife and was able to kiss her good night.

Stop being such a self centered person and understand the people working for the airlines are human beings and stuff happens. Weather happens as well. You might have a better outlook on life if you realized this.

Just my two cents :hi::hi:

My 2 cents.. I don’t care what you think.

False. Most business travelers don't whine and carry on like a child, they quietly go about their travel.

It's how you can quickly spot someone who knows what they're doing. They go smoothly thru security, don't crowd the door to board and can find their way and clear the aisle. I live close to both but it's why I choose Tampa over Orlando every single time.

Southwest is inexpensive for a reason. Complaining about it is pretty ridiculous once you calculate the value. Very rarely do I have issues with them though and they are best at changing a ticket if something comes up

Reactions: 2 people
It's how you can quickly spot someone who knows what they're doing. They go smoothly thru security, don't crowd the door to board and can find their way and clear the aisle. I live close to both but it's why I choose Tampa over Orlando every single time.

Spot on!!!It’s like TSA pre-those who don’t pay for it should never be in that line and they slow the line down there and ask stupid questions over and over all those who travel all the time can’t blow right through . Sometimes TSA will open up the tsa pre lines based on amount of volume to everyone which is absolutely wrong

Passengers wearing backpacks as they turn to get into the seat hit other people in the face or shoulder...

Being a road warrior is a tough gig. However... if you are fortunate to work for a company that permits business travel on flights overseas, then you have gained a quantum leap in comfort.

I filled 2.5 passports in 10 years of travel around the world. Having access to airport lounges on layovers is huge... relax, showers, reasonable food and good drinks. Sets you up for the next leg of travel. As well, all travel within the US was first class... so, getting from the east coast to SanFran to catch the flight to points west made a big difference.

I have to admit it... I was fortunate in my travels. Made United Elite status, and that put me into first class on all overseas flights, access to first class lounges... and after United upgraded their cabins that was a great pleasure to fly.

When I travel for vacation if I sit in coach, I just suck it up and and eat my pretzels... knowing I was spoiled well when I was frequent flyer.

Reactions: 2 people
Being a road warrior is a tough gig. However... if you are fortunate to work for a company that permits business travel on flights overseas, then you have gained a quantum leap in comfort.

I filled 2.5 passports in 10 years of travel around the world. Having access to airport lounges on layovers is huge... relax, showers, reasonable food and good drinks. Sets you up for the next leg of travel. As well, all travel within the US was first class... so, getting from the east coast to SanFran to catch the flight to points west made a big difference.

I have to admit it... I was fortunate in my travels. Made United Elite status, and that put me into first class on all overseas flights, access to first class lounges... and after United upgraded their cabins that was a great pleasure to fly.

When I travel for vacation if I sit in coach, I just suck it up and and eat my pretzels... knowing I was spoiled well when I was frequent flyer.

When you ride up front in first class you never want to ride coach again

OVN37e3.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
There was a guy on my flight today who lost consciousness and fell out of his seat into the aisle. They got him back into his seat and he came to for a second. But then lost consciousness again. I’ve never seen that look on someone’s face. It looked to me like he was going to die. They started calling for a doctor. Other passengers were trying to get him to come to. Some guy was using his fingers to keep his eyes open. It didn’t seem to me there was a doctor because several minutes passed and nobody showed up. I wondered why they didn’t immediately begin to divert the flight. Eventually a doctor showed up although I don’t know what kind of doctor he was. He put the guy back on the floor. After about 5 minutes the attendants showed up with a medical kit and the doctor grabbed a saline back and gave the guy and IV. The guy was still out of it. And still no attempt to land. After about 10 minutes he started coming to. But he just laid there the rest of the flight. When we finally landed the paramedics came on and took the guy out. He was at least conscious and able to speak. But I wonder if there hadn’t been a doctor or if whatever the doctor had determined was the matter meant that he needed immediate help we could at least have been already diverted and about to land.

There was a guy on my flight today who lost consciousness and fell out of his seat into the aisle. They got him back into his seat and he came to for a second. But then lost consciousness again. I’ve never seen that look on someone’s face. It looked to me like he was going to die. They started calling for a doctor. Other passengers were trying to get him to come to. Some guy was using his fingers to keep his eyes open. It didn’t seem to me there was a doctor because several minutes passed and nobody showed up. I wondered why they didn’t immediately begin to divert the flight. Eventually a doctor showed up although I don’t know what kind of doctor he was. He put the guy back on the floor. After about 5 minutes the attendants showed up with a medical kit and the doctor grabbed a saline back and gave the guy and IV. The guy was still out of it. And still no attempt to land. After about 10 minutes he started coming to. But he just laid there the rest of the flight. When we finally landed the paramedics came on and took the guy out. He was at least conscious and able to speak. But I wonder if there hadn’t been a doctor or if whatever the doctor had determined was the matter meant that he needed immediate help we could at least have been already diverted and about to land.

That’s crazy!!!!

Certainly is an top issue with airlines... from a report recently about "Are there doctors onbard",

Diversions are costly for airlines at $10,000 to $200,000 per incident. The New England Journal of Medicine estimates that a medical emergency occurs on 1 out of every 604 flights. Of those, 7.3% are diverted (or roughly one in very 4,409 flights). MedAire reports a much lower diversion rate – 1.6% – for flights where they provide assistance. One might speculate that the airline would prefer that there is not a doctor onboard to keep diversions low.

From what I know/have been told... pilots let company know and either the company (probably dispatch) or the pilots communicate with this outside firm of doctors who help to diagnose the individual having the issues and make a suggestion on when and where to divert. For instance a certain city or airport may be better equipped to handle a particular issue. Any pilots on here please correct this if I’m wrong.

Other issues could play a factor in how quickly a diversion may happen as well, such as weight of the aircraft (fuel remaining), weather, or runway length of nearby airports.

In my experience probably at least 80% of the medical emergencies pilots have made me aware of result in the aircraft continuing on to their original destination.

Last edited:
Nobody knew what was the matter. He was traveling alone. They searched through his carry on to see if he had anything that would indicate he has some kind of condition. They made an announcement asking if someone had a blood test kit, which someone did. His blood sugar was 114, which didn’t appear to be problematic - at least not to cause the guy to be in his given state. Seemed like the doc gave him an IV and just hoped for the best.

VN Store

Back