'19 NC CB Tyus Fields (Tennessee signee)

He's a definite take and high on the board but he's likely going to run out of a spot if he waits until the fall IMO. Seems like we are very close to landing our first few corners and I'd be surprised if we take more than 3 total.

We already have Harris as one.

you don't think they'd make room for a 4th if it was Fields, HIll, Burrell, Davis, Washington? surely they'd take 4 of those 5.

you don't think they'd make room for a 4th if it was Fields, HIll, Burrell, Davis, Washington? surely they'd take 4 of those 5.

I can't see them turning down a 4th if it was one they really wanted. Especially if it were someone who could end up playing nickel or safety.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't see them turning down a 4th if it was one they really wanted. Especially if it were someone who could end up playing nickel or safety.

agreed. and BGS just posted in the Devin Bush thread that apparently we're still a factor, tho a tad of a longshot, with him as well.

i definitely think of the guys we're going after, i'm finding it hard to believe we'll be disappointed with any of them at this point.

agreed. and BGS just posted in the Devin Bush thread that apparently we're still a factor, tho a tad of a longshot, with him as well.

i definitely think of the guys we're going after, i'm finding it hard to believe we'll be disappointed with any of them at this point.

I'm not sure Bush is as big a longshot as people think. It's very possible LSU may not have room for him with all the CB's they seem to be trending with.

I'm not sure Bush is as big a longshot as people think. It's very possible LSU may not have room for him with all the CB's they seem to be trending with.

well im certainly fine with that. also appears cbs are coming for Washington to OSU.

so you got Fields, Burrell, Hill, Davis, Bush, Blades, Battle...and Mcollough(iirc, i think he's a safety tho, right?)

i think they'd take 4 of those 7. in a hearbeat.

well im certainly fine with that. also appears cbs are coming for Washington to OSU.

so you got Fields, Burrell, Hill, Davis, Bush, Blades, Battle...and Mcollough(iirc, i think he's a safety tho, right?)

Washington is OSU bound if they decide to take him per Bucknuts. If not who knows. Maybe Oklahoma. I wish he'd camp at UT but I doubt that happens.

And yes McCollough is a safety, maybe even potential LB. Haven't heard much lately in regards to his status.

Washington is OSU bound if they decide to take him per Bucknuts. If not who knows. Maybe Oklahoma. I wish he'd camp at UT but I doubt that happens.

And yes McCollough is a safety, maybe even potential LB. Haven't heard much lately in regards to his status.

As of yesterday Washington was scheduled to camp at UT this weekend with Knox. Did that change?

As of yesterday Washington was scheduled to camp at UT this weekend with Knox. Did that change?

dont' think so. wilhoite was the one that they said definitely wasn't going to camp; him and Otey.

dont' think so. wilhoite was the one that they said definitely wasn't going to camp; him and Otey.

If he's still planning to camp it's weird that Callahan put in a CB to OSU then right? Doesn't he usually wait to make his picks.

If he's still planning to camp it's weird that Callahan put in a CB to OSU then right? Doesn't he usually wait to make his picks.

yeah, and i agree. that it was callahan is what struck me about it too.

who knows, i won't be surprised if washington doesn't camp....

You're not going wrong with any of them... McCollough could be legit special though... I'm not saying he's the next Eric Berry or anything, but a good DC could throw him in the Star and make him look amazing... Legit excited about him and his twitter is dripping with Vol orange

You're not going wrong with any of them... McCollough could be legit special though... I'm not saying he's the next Eric Berry or anything, but a good DC could throw him in the Star and make him look amazing... Legit excited about him and his twitter is dripping with Vol orange

agreed. he's one that hasn't been talked about alot lately, but he could be really good.

i'm sure you could pick apart any/all of these CB's games, but as it stands now, i do think we're going to get 3 of these guys. and i don't think we'll be disappointed with any of them.

“I’m going to wait,” Fields told VolQuest. “That’s what I’m going to do. Wait. (My family) just felt like we needed some time to think about things to pick the right now. All the schools are showing me the same amount of love right now, so it’s just going to come down to me picking one school that’s best for me.”

“Tennessee is high on my list,” Fields said. “They bring that family type atmosphere around the program. The coaches are well-rounded and really know what they’re doing to get it turned around up there.”

The Vols are one of the few programs to get Fields on campus this spring, as the 4-star corner also visited North Carolina and NC State. Florida State, Penn State and Wisconsin are also leaning on Fields, but he doesn’t have any visits planned before the dead period begins on June 25. Tennessee will get one of Fields' five official visits in the fall.

So why are the Vols such a contender for Fields’ commitment — whenever he opts to make an announcement? The corner has a real comfortability with Fair and Niedermeyer and sees a quick path to the field with an open depth chart. “It’s attractive. That’s a big thing,” he said. “Also, for me and my family, to stay close to home. At the end of the day it’s my decision.”

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
IDT we have any silents at CB. Coaches have reshuffled the board several times, and some guys have moved up.

Reactions: 2 people
IDT we have any silents at CB. Coaches have reshuffled the board several times, and some guys have moved up.

It seemed like something was going on with the board or with the timing or whatever. Didn’t know there was a wholesale shuffling of the deck.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back