'20 MI OL Justin Rogers (Kroger Field, folks)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_5333310.jpg

6-4
CLASS OF 20
OAK PARK, MI
(OAK PARK)

Justin Rogers, Oak Park, Offensive Guard

Rivals.com

Justin Rogers - Hudl

Visited UT this weekend. Same HS as John Kelly.

Last edited by a moderator:
justin rogers hadn’t visited the vols in two years, but the 4-star, two-way lineman made the eight hour trip from michigan to give tennessee’s new staff a fresh look. The 2020 prospect from oak ridge (mich.) — the same school that produced tailback john kelly — spent saturday and sunday in knoxville, hanging around tennessee’s program with his teammate enzo jennings.

“it was a good visit. It had been a minute since i had been down there,” rogers said. “i came down and chilled with john during his freshman year in 2016 for the spring game.” rodgers holds offers from more than 30 schools, with ohio state and michigan currently out front in his recruitment. Florida state and alabama are factors as well, and tennessee is trying to jump into the mix.

This weekend, rodgers spent time with both will friend and tracy rocker, as the 6-foot-4, 300-pound prospect is being recruited to play on either side of the football. Some schools view him as a 3-technique tackle, while others believe he's best-suited as a mauler at guard. “i had fun talking to them. They’re good guys,” rogers said of tennessee's coaches. “i’m really looking to build the relationships. Knowing the coaches, learning they background. They know my background. It’s all about building those relationships.”

“i just liked how they practiced. They was really out there getting that work in,” he said. “when i’m out there, i’m really watching the hustle. The effort. How they take to coaching. How the coaches coach them. What can i use. You can learn a lot from watching coaches.”

this weekend, rogers also had the chance to reunite with kelly for a bit, who remains in knoxville training for the nfl draft. The former vols running back told the lineman that he should give tennessee a long look as his recruitment unfolds. “(kelly) was just telling us that they worked hard and stuff but that this new staff gets after it,” rogers said. “he was saying that they could really use me on the offensive line.”

“(pruit) was just really basically saying how much he need me, but basically that i needed to take my visits and not rush the process or none of that,” said rogers, who doesn’t plan to commit until national signing day in 2020. “they want me to come back. They want me to come down for a game, so i’m going to try to make my way down here again this fall.”

- vq

HILLIARD, Ohio – Oak Park, Mich., offensive guard Justin Rogers is one of the top prospects in the Midwest’s 2020 class and has offers from most of the programs in the region, but those schools have to worry about a recent, successful trip for the Rivals100 prospect to SEC country.

“Two weeks ago I went to Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Tennessee,” Rogers said. “It’s all about the competing (in the SEC). You have to go down there, compete, stay hungry and be a dog down there. I love the South.”

Although just a sophomore, Rogers is well-traveled and has seen many of the 20-plus schools that have extended him an offer. Despite knowing what to expect on college visits, schools still exceed his expectations and that happened on this trip.

“I want to say Georgia surprised me,” Rogers said. “I just had a feeling about the school as soon as I stepped into the facility. Something just grabbed me. “It was the same thing with Tennessee. (Head coach Jeremy Pruitt) is going to get it back how it was when they were winning non-stop and Tennessee used to run the SEC.”

It will be another 20 months until Rogers can sign a letter of intent, but with his offer list expanding the four-star lineman plans to identify a top 12 on June 5.

Rogers followed up his performance in the Rivals 3 Stripe Camp presented by adidas, which earned him a berth into the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge this summer, with a visit to Ohio State. It was his second time seeing the Buckeyes in the last three weeks. This summer Rogers plans to stay active, with visits to Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, Arizona and Arizona State being discussed.

- Chad Simmons

Oak Park (Mich.) High Top247 2020 offensive lineman Justin Rogers is visiting Georgia on Tuesday, his personal coach Darryl Graham tells 247Sports.

Rogers is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 1 offensive guard in the rising junior class, and the No. 13 prospect regardless of position.

Ohio State is considered the program to beat for the 6-foot-4, 280-pound Rogers with Georgia and Tennessee considered the biggest challengers.

-Wiltfong

UT is Top 3 for Rogers? Very nice.

From Rivals:

DETROIT - Rivals100 class of 2020 offensive lineman
Justin Rogers created a buzz last week when he suggested his commitment was coming soon. Shortly after his season opener on Thursday, however, Rogers clarified his plans for the recruiting process.

MORE: Five SEC commitments who could flip | Over/Under SEC win totals
#Rivals100 OL Justin Rogers (52) has played a lot of defense for his Oak Park team in their opener tonight. Here he is making a goal line stop pic.twitter.com/FROA2vcMpN
— Josh Helmholdt (@JoshHelmholdt) August 23, 2018
THE LATEST
On Aug. 17 Rogers posted on his Twitter account, “commit coming soon.” The “commit,” Rogers was referring to, however, was to an all-star game, and not a final college decision. He had released a Top 13 schools in early June and made visits over the summer to Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee and several other schools. On Thursday Rogers listed Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Ohio State, Tennessee and USC as priority visits for him this fall. While a decision is not imminent, Rogers does plan to make an announcement next month regarding his recruitment.

IN HIS WORDS
“I am just going to cut it down. Sept. 12 I was going to drop it lower than 13… probably to eight. I am probably going to make a decision my senior year, in that last signing (period).”

RIVALS’ REACTION
Prior to the clarification, the timing of Rogers’ decision, were that to happen in the near future, seemed strange. Ohio State has long been considered one of, if not the top, contenders for his services and they were in the midst of coaching uncertainty when the “commit coming soon” was announced. Rogers told BuckeyeGrove.com Thursday that he was never concerned about Urban Meyer’s future with the program, and also confirmed that Ohio State, along with Georgia, Tennessee and USC, resides at the top of his list of favorites. Meanwhile, Rogers opened his junior season flashing some new skills. Besides handling his regular duties at right tackle, Rogers also played full-time on defense, sometimes as a rush end and sometimes at middle linebacker. He finished Thursday’s game with 11 tackles and a couple pass break ups from that side of the football.

From Rivals:

DETROIT - Rivals100 class of 2020 offensive lineman
Justin Rogers created a buzz last week when he suggested his commitment was coming soon. Shortly after his season opener on Thursday, however, Rogers clarified his plans for the recruiting process.

MORE: Five SEC commitments who could flip | Over/Under SEC win totals
#Rivals100 OL Justin Rogers (52) has played a lot of defense for his Oak Park team in their opener tonight. Here he is making a goal line stop pic.twitter.com/FROA2vcMpN
— Josh Helmholdt (@JoshHelmholdt) August 23, 2018
THE LATEST
On Aug. 17 Rogers posted on his Twitter account, “commit coming soon.” The “commit,” Rogers was referring to, however, was to an all-star game, and not a final college decision. He had released a Top 13 schools in early June and made visits over the summer to Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee and several other schools. On Thursday Rogers listed Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Ohio State, Tennessee and USC as priority visits for him this fall. While a decision is not imminent, Rogers does plan to make an announcement next month regarding his recruitment.

IN HIS WORDS
“I am just going to cut it down. Sept. 12 I was going to drop it lower than 13… probably to eight. I am probably going to make a decision my senior year, in that last signing (period).”

RIVALS’ REACTION
Prior to the clarification, the timing of Rogers’ decision, were that to happen in the near future, seemed strange. Ohio State has long been considered one of, if not the top, contenders for his services and they were in the midst of coaching uncertainty when the “commit coming soon” was announced. Rogers told BuckeyeGrove.com Thursday that he was never concerned about Urban Meyer’s future with the program, and also confirmed that Ohio State, along with Georgia, Tennessee and USC, resides at the top of his list of favorites. Meanwhile, Rogers opened his junior season flashing some new skills. Besides handling his regular duties at right tackle, Rogers also played full-time on defense, sometimes as a rush end and sometimes at middle linebacker. He finished Thursday’s game with 11 tackles and a couple pass break ups from that side of the football.
6'2.5" 311 lbs. middle linebacker. Dayum

Reactions: buckfama

VN Store

Back