Vols at Mizzou Game 3 Thread - 67's Power Hour 11 AM - First Pitch 3 PM

It's no depth...they, or maybe Anderson in particular doesn't trust some of the arms...if they don't trust you, you don't play.

Agreed. We didn't develop depth and were never going to even try this year. That's why it was year zero imo

I don't know who feels worse but I hope CTV understands what he needs (recruiting, coaching/training, etc.) to get this program to the next level. 2-4 over the last 2 weekends stings.

I do. 100%. Pete is gonna hurt for a while over it.

And my point is...it's about them, not about us and I don't care how much you donate. Everybody else is gonna move on, he has to live with that play...but that's one play in a season. Just like Basketball, one good play by them, poof...

Wanna be mad? Be mad.

Point it in the right direction.

Agreed. We didn't develop depth and were never going to even try this year. That's why it was year zero imo

I dunno about the 2nd part, I don't have any inside info...I think if there are SEC pitchers riding the pine, there must be a reason...it's not Andersons' first rodeo.

I dunno about the 2nd part, I don't have any inside info...I think if there are SEC pitchers riding the pine, there must be a reason...it's not Andersons' first rodeo.

Oh I don't think they were any real arms there except for Shultz that wasnt used

Last edited:
Oh I don't think they were any real arms there except for Shultz that was used

The Schultz thing is a bit of a quandary, but that's it for me...and he pitched today with the season on the line, so that one is hard to explain, but I am a fan of that kid from his freshman year...Lingo got right at the end, would be the only other questionable thing, why we didn't get more from him...baseball is a funny game.

So did lingo improve his draft status with his strong performances of late? Does he stay or go?

Wanna be mad? Be mad.

Point it in the right direction.

Not pointing to one play...

I see games counting earlier in the season the same as late in the season. They all count the same. No one player should be blamed. It's a long season.

But we're simply talking about MAKING the SEC tournament. Not winning it, but simply making it.

The way I view it is missing out on the SEC T didn't simply boil down to today. There were games in earlier SEC series that were there for the taking an UT didn't capitalize.

I'm not mad at the baseball program. They competed this season but they should've made the SECT, IMO.

Lingo very well could be back he’s only a sophomore and if he pitches like he did down the stretch he could be a top 2 round guy

So did lingo improve his draft status with his strong performances of late? Does he stay or go?

Somebody posted somewhere that by somebody he's projected around the 30-35th pick range...I don't know if that is accurate and I don't know if he's 21, but if he is...he gone.

Not pointing to one play...

I see games counting earlier in the season the same as late in the season. They all count the same. No one player should be blamed. It's a long season.

But we're simply talking about MAKING the SEC tournament. Not winning it, but simply making it.

The way I view it is missing out on the SEC T didn't simply boil down to today. There were games in earlier SEC series that were there for the taking an UT didn't capitalize.

I'm not mad at the baseball program. They competed this season but they should've made the SECT, IMO.

I don't disagree with any of that, we had our chances, didn't get it done.

Somebody posted somewhere that by somebody he's projected around the 30-35th pick range...I don't know if that is accurate and I don't know if he's 21, but if he is...he gone.

He is definitely a draft eligible sophomore. If he goes that high, yes...he is gone

He is definitely a draft eligible sophomore. If he goes that high, yes...he is gone

Well don't quote me on that...but yeah, 1st, 2nd, maybe even 3rd round, he's gone, most likely.

I have no idea how school is going for him, that's a factor too...

I don't disagree with any of that, we had our chances, didn't get it done.

I say that as a Rays fan. Stupid losses in April & May loom large as the trading deadline comes around in late July. 5-6 wasted games early is often the difference in the Rays staying together or selling off.

Won't be that high.

I am guessing 3-4th round

I say that as a Rays fan. Stupid losses in April & May loom large as the trading deadline comes around in late July. 5-6 wasted games early is often the difference in the Rays staying together or selling off.

I'll put it like this Boca...He's either the recruiter he's nationally recognized to be or he ain't, Fulmer will either give him what he needs to win or he won't, and the coaching staff will either develop them or be gone...

Me and You, we don't have much say in the matter.

Happy Hour, or Cry in the Beer Hour has been extended to 10 PM. :dance2:

GBO!!!

Disappointing end to the season. However, I think the coaching staff did a lot with smoke and mirrors. I thought this group would win 8 SEC games and they got 12. If Vitello can keep this pitching coach for a few years, they have a chance to make a move in next year where they are not scrambling for the coveted 12th (out of 14) spot in the conference.

The curse of Mike Hamilton lives on.

Reactions: 1 person
Disappointing end to the season. However, I think the coaching staff did a lot with smoke and mirrors. I thought this group would win 8 SEC games and they got 12. If Vitello can keep this pitching coach for a few years, they have a chance to make a move in next year where they are not scrambling for the coveted 12th (out of 14) spot in the conference.

The curse of Mike Hamilton lives on.

qft.

Pretty sure he is gone. I’m also guessing we will not recognize this team next season. I think many will be looking to transfer and many just stop playing entirely. Partially due to the nature of college baseball but also due to the size of the incoming class. Not enough room for everyone now and they are still recruiting for this class. Talking about current starters too hitting the road.

Won't be that high.

I am guessing 3-4th round

He will be able to help himself at pre-draft workouts. He has all of the physical measurables. I'm betting that a team will take a shot at him early in the draft if he indicates that he is signable.

Pretty sure he is gone. I’m also guessing we will not recognize this team next season. I think many will be looking to transfer and many just stop playing entirely. Partially due to the nature of college baseball but also due to the size of the incoming class. Not enough room for everyone now and they are still recruiting for this class. Talking about current starters too hitting the road.

No doubt

45 minutes left on 67's Power Hour...Get your 1 line biggest beefs on...

My Biggest Beef is...I gotta go to Hoover without the Vols!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back