Josh Dobbs (merged)

I remember.....because you said it last year too.

Funny, I don't remmber Big Ben getting injured, Dobbs playing, or Pittsburgh playing in the Super Bowl

It only means its overdue to happen this year. Like I said a million times, I know how this story ends. The journey is the mystery.

Dobbs will win a Super Bowl in his first season as a starter. The only mystery is whether it was gonna be last year or this year. Since it wasn't last year, then it means it will most certainly be this year.

No....you're not.

All you do is beat your chest about the 2-3 you got right and ignore the many, many more you get wrong.

But the ones I get right are the most important. I was the only one that correctly predicted how great the rookie of the year in the NFL (Alvin Kamara) was gonna be. While everyone else was all over Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Christian McCaffrey, I was the only one that had Alvin Kamara rated as the #1 RB. And he's proven me right in year 1 by being the best.

Then in the NBA, I was the only person who had Jayson Tatum rated as the #1 player in the 2017 NBA Draft, while everyone else was all over Markelle Fultz. I correctly predicted Tatum would be a SUPERSTAR and that Fultz would be a BUST. Nobody else was right about that.

I'm always right about the IMPORTANT stuff. And just wait until Josh Dobbs is the best player in the NFL and a Super Bowl MVP. You guys will then realize how great I am at evaluating talent. I've always said Dobbs would be my ultimate litmus test because he's the player I'm most sure of and that almost everyone else has no confidence in.

If Josh Dobbs becomes a NFL SUPERSTAR you guys will have no choice but to recognize that I have a gift and know how to evaluate talent even better than the so-called experts.

But the ones I get right are the most important. I was the only one that correctly predicted how great the rookie of the year in the NFL (Alvin Kamara) was gonna be. While everyone else was all over Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Christian McCaffrey, I was the only one that had Alvin Kamara rated as the #1 RB. And he's proven me right in year 1 by being the best.

Then in the NBA, I was the only person who had Jayson Tatum rated as the #1 player in the 2017 NBA Draft, while everyone else was all over Markelle Fultz. I correctly predicted Tatum would be a SUPERSTAR and that Fultz would be a BUST. Nobody else was right about that.

I'm always right about the IMPORTANT stuff. And just wait until Josh Dobbs is the best player in the NFL and a Super Bowl MVP. You guys will then realize how great I am at evaluating talent. I've always said Dobbs would be my ultimate litmus test because he's the player I'm most sure of and that almost everyone else has no confidence in.

If Josh Dobbs becomes a NFL SUPERSTAR you guys will have no choice but to recognize that I have a gift and know how to evaluate talent even better than the so-called experts.

You choked on 3 of the last 4 ROTY winners, dissed the eventual rushing leader and saw a "guaranteed bust" in Goff make the Pro Bowl.

The above isn't remotely all inclusive of course. It's actually kind of adorable how often you argue from the POV that your audience has amnesia issues.

Reactions: 3 people
You choked on 3 of the last 4 ROTY winners, dissed the eventual rushing leader and saw a "guaranteed bust" in Goff make the Pro Bowl.

The above isn't remotely all inclusive of course. It's actually kind of adorable how often you argue from the POV that your audience has amnesia issues.

So I'm guessing that you are talking about Marshon Lattimore (2017 Defensive Rookie of the Year), Joey Bosa (2016 Defensive Rookie of the Year), and Dak Prescott (2016 Offensive Rookie of the Year). With regard to Prescott, I have admitted that I was wrong about him. He caused me to go back and correct my evaluation methods so I don't miss out on a player like him again. With regard to Lattimore, I never questioned his ability. I doubted his durability. Just as I never doubted Deshaun Watson's skill, I doubted his ability to stay healthy. And while I was proven right about Watson's lack of ability to stay healthy, I was wrong about Lattimore as a rookie. Let's see if he's able to escape his hamstring issues going forward. If he stays healthy, I'll admit I was wrong about not thinking he could stay healthy.

And now we get to Joey Bosa. Look I'm still not sold on him. He's a good player, don't get me wrong. He's just not great. And definitely not worthy of that 3rd overall pick in 2016. Jalen Ramsey and Ezekiel Elliott are far better players. He's had two years of decent production. Let's see if he can keep it up. Unlike ya'll, I don't get swayed by stats. I watch the film. And while I'm comfortable saying I was wrong about Dak Prescott, I can't say the same about Joey Bosa. He's simply not impressive to me on tape. PERIOD.

With regard to Jared Goff, all he did was have his one lucky season. RG3 also looked amazing for one season. Same with Vince Young and countless other flops at the QB position. Its one thing to be good for one year when nobody is preparing for you or takes you seriously. Let's see what he does this year. I have a feeling he flames out really badly. He was carried last year by a weak schedule and a genius of a head coach. People now have a year of tape on what Sean McVay did with Jared Goff. Also they'll be playing a far stronger schedule this year. Expect those stats to come crashing down.

I believe the LA Rams will make the Super Bowl this year out of the NFC. But it will be in spite of Jared Goff not because of him. He's surrounded by the most talent in the NFL right now. The Rams defense is elite. And their running game is elite. That should carry them to the Super Bowl even with bad QB play from Goff.

D4H, what did you change about your evaluation methods after Prescott. Did you not look at his facial features or miss something on film?

ROFL....either admit you're a troll, or admit you're too stupid to understand how predictions work. Also, you keep lying, you were NOT the only one to predict it.

So does that mean WHEN Dobbs doesn't become an NFL superstar, you'll admit how terrible you are at this? I'm going to bet....no.

Reactions: 3 people
So I'm guessing that you are talking about Marshon Lattimore (2017 Defensive Rookie of the Year), Joey Bosa (2016 Defensive Rookie of the Year), and Dak Prescott (2016 Offensive Rookie of the Year). With regard to Prescott, I have admitted that I was wrong about him. He caused me to go back and correct my evaluation methods so I don't miss out on a player like him again. With regard to Lattimore, I never questioned his ability. I doubted his durability. Just as I never doubted Deshaun Watson's skill, I doubted his ability to stay healthy. And while I was proven right about Watson's lack of ability to stay healthy, I was wrong about Lattimore as a rookie. Let's see if he's able to escape his hamstring issues going forward. If he stays healthy, I'll admit I was wrong about not thinking he could stay healthy.

And now we get to Joey Bosa. Look I'm still not sold on him. He's a good player, don't get me wrong. He's just not great. And definitely not worthy of that 3rd overall pick in 2016. Jalen Ramsey and Ezekiel Elliott are far better players. He's had two years of decent production. Let's see if he can keep it up. Unlike ya'll, I don't get swayed by stats. I watch the film. And while I'm comfortable saying I was wrong about Dak Prescott, I can't say the same about Joey Bosa. He's simply not impressive to me on tape. PERIOD.

With regard to Jared Goff, all he did was have his one lucky season. RG3 also looked amazing for one season. Same with Vince Young and countless other flops at the QB position. Its one thing to be good for one year when nobody is preparing for you or takes you seriously. Let's see what he does this year. I have a feeling he flames out really badly. He was carried last year by a weak schedule and a genius of a head coach. People now have a year of tape on what Sean McVay did with Jared Goff. Also they'll be playing a far stronger schedule this year. Expect those stats to come crashing down.

I believe the LA Rams will make the Super Bowl this year out of the NFC. But it will be in spite of Jared Goff not because of him. He's surrounded by the most talent in the NFL right now. The Rams defense is elite. And their running game is elite. That should carry them to the Super Bowl even with bad QB play from Goff.

ROFL again...so you're right about the "important stuff", but when you're wrong....you just make excuses....from the guy who said he never makes excuses.

Watching you post is like watching a dog chase its tail.

Reactions: 4 people
The question is, how does one decide which predictions are the most important? Seems sort of arbitrary. Its weird, its almost like the most important ones are the ones he happened to hit on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
No....you're not.

All you do is beat your chest about the 2-3 you got right and ignore the many, many more you get wrong.

You guys do realize that d4h is a total nut job, right???

I mean who makes such laughable and outlandish statements???

You guys just keep feeding into his lunacy.

Reactions: 2 people
At the end of the day money matters. The Steelers didn't draft Mason Rudolph with the thinking he would be the 3rd string QB. They think he can be a future starter and at worst a good backup. Josh Dobbs makes significantly less money than Landry Jones. If someone is gonna take up that 3rd roster spot it'll be Dobbs rather than Landry Jones. Plus the Steelers know what Landry Jones is, they don't know how much more upside Dobbs has. That is why he's certain to stay on the roster as long as he doesn't completely flame out this year in camp and the preseason.

You should have read the article. It said this same information. And it makes more sense than cutting Dobbs one year after drafting him for a guy in Landry Jones who makes more money and shows no upside or promise and it set to be a free agent next year.

Landry Jones is the odd man out. Not Dobbs.

I read the article. Teams don't get a Lombardi for having a low payroll but winning games. Jones has not only played in regualr season games, he's won. Dobbs has done neither.

D4H, what did you change about your evaluation methods after Prescott. Did you not look at his facial features or miss something on film?

This. I placed more emphasis on facial features than how a guy looks on tape. Dak looked the part in the face although his film didn't look the part. He taught me a good lesson.

ROFL....either admit you're a troll, or admit you're too stupid to understand how predictions work. Also, you keep lying, you were NOT the only one to predict it.

So does that mean WHEN Dobbs doesn't become an NFL superstar, you'll admit how terrible you are at this? I'm going to bet....no.

Yes.

If Dobbs doesn't become a SUPERSTAR I'll stop doing this all together. He's by far the player I'm most confident in.

If Dobbs doesn't become a SUPERSTAR I'll admit I was wrong all along and have no idea what I'm talking about.

How question is, how does one decide which predictions are the most important? Seems sort of arbitrary. Its weird, its almost like the most important ones are the ones he happened to hit on.

The ones I talk about the most are the ones I'm most confident about. And thus they are the most important.

Dobbs has been central to my argument since I joined this site in 2015 so he's the most important.

If he doesn't become a SUPERSTAR, you guys will have no reason to listen to anything else I say since its the most important prediction I've ever made and the one I have the most confidence in.

Yes.

If Dobbs doesn't become a SUPERSTAR I'll stop doing this all together. He's by far the player I'm most confident in.

If Dobbs doesn't become a SUPERSTAR I'll admit I was wrong all along and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Does this come with a caveat? Does is count if he never plays? Or does he have to play and suck?

I read the article. Teams don't get a Lombardi for having a low payroll but winning games. Jones has not only played in regualr season games, he's won. Dobbs has done neither.

So why did they draft Mason Rudolph? To be the 3rd string QB?

If Rudolph is what the Steelers think he is, a future starter, then he'll instantly jump to the #2 spot. So the question becomes who is the 3rd QB the team carries? The more expensive veteran QB who will be a free agent next year whose ceiling they already know? Or the young prospect they drafted one year earlier who is far cheaper and presumably has more upside?

Landry Jones is far more likely to get cut than Dobbs with the drafting of Mason Rudolph. Only way Jones stays and Dobbs is cut is if BOTH Dobbs and Rudolph look horrible in the preseason and training camp making Landry Jones the only reliable QB behind Big Ben.

If that happens then it would essentially mean the Steelers missed on BOTH Dobbs and Rudolph. That's the only way Landry Jones sticks.

Does this come with a caveat? Does is count if he never plays? Or does he have to play and suck?

No caveat.

If Dobbs isn't a SUPERSTAR in the next 1-2 years, I'll admit I was wrong all along and don't know anything.

That is how confident I am in Josh Dobbs. I've said this before and I'll say it again, there isn't a QB prospect I've been more confident in before in my life than Josh Dobbs. He's got everything you could want from an elite athlete. He's physically talented. But more importantly, he's mentally got the right competitive spirit and determination. He's mentally in the Michael Jordan/Tom Brady class. That is what makes me most confident in his success.

With a talent like Dobbs, I don't need any caveats. His success is inevitable. The only question is when.

I care more about Dobbs long term success than the short term. Going to the Dolphins won't help him reach all-time greatness which I believe he's capable of. Dobbs is better of with the Steelers organization long term. That is how he will win 3-6 Super Bowls.

LMFAO oh my gosh that was something, even butch jones, would laugh at. 3-6 Super Bowls?LMFAO

No caveat.

If Dobbs isn't a SUPERSTAR in the next 1-2 years, I'll admit I was wrong all along and don't know anything.

That is how confident I am in Josh Dobbs. I've said this before and I'll say it again, there isn't a QB prospect I've been more confident in before in my life than Josh Dobbs. He's got everything you could want from an elite athlete. He's physically talented. But more importantly, he's mentally got the right competitive spirit and determination. He's mentally in the Michael Jordan/Tom Brady class. That is what makes me most confident in his success.

With a talent like Dobbs, I don't need any caveats. His success is inevitable. The only question is when.
I will personally take out a 500,000 loan and make a bet with you.

No caveat.

Quoted for posterity.

Though we need to clarify "superstar." Otherwise you'll be back here in 2 years saying "Dobbs started one game for the Browns and they only lost by 13. SUPERSTAR!"

LMFAO oh my gosh that was something, even butch jones, would laugh at. 3-6 Super Bowls?LMFAO

Big Ben won 2. And Dobbs is least 2x the player so I thought 3 on the low end was being conservative. I put 6 on the high end because that is what he needs to pass Brady.

I'm pretty sure after he wins the Super Bowl this year, you guys will be on the Dobbs bandwagon as well.

Quoted for posterity.

Though we need to clarify "superstar." Otherwise you'll be back here in 2 years saying "Dobbs started one game for the Browns and they only lost by 13. SUPERSTAR!"

Superstar = Top 10-20 player in the NFL.

I think the NFL Top 100 list is a good barometer. By 2019 or 2020, I think Dobbs will be in the top 10-20.

If that doesn't work for you, how about being named to the Pro Bowl as a non-alternate. The Pro Bowl has become a joke now because so many guys pull out and many only make it in based on being alternates. I expect Dobbs to be named one of the top 3 QBs in the AFC by the end of the 2019 NFL season.

Is that good enough for you?

VN Store

Back