'18 FL DT Kingston Harris (UT signee)

Is he a NT or the outside DT type?

This is from a VQ article after he committed...

They talked about Harris’ future role on Tennessee’s defense as a versatile 6-foot-4, 265-pound lineman. During his senior season at IMG, Harris recorded 2.5 sacks and 4.0 tackles for loss. “We talked about the defense a lot,” Harris said. “They said they were doing a 3-4 and 4-3 looks, so I’ll be playing just everywhere almost. Nose guard, nose tackle and end.(Rocker) is a a great coach. I felt like we’re going to get along really well and he’s going to teach me the game and we’ll go from there.”

Reactions: 3 people
After Sunseri left, I thought all of the sheep had their belly full of 3-4... Now all of a sudden it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Reactions: 5 people
After Sunseri left, I thought all of the sheep had their belly full of 3-4... Now all of a sudden it is the best thing since sliced bread.

You’re right. A 3-4 led by Sunseri is the exact same thing as a 3-4 led by a competent Defensive Coordinator. No context needed.

Reactions: 7 people
Lol 2 people so far have actually liked this. Smh

Bruin and Chief be like....
picardwave.gif

Reactions: 7 people
I don't think we will be exclusively one type of defense. More of a hybrid, but the 3-4 will probably be primary over time. Pruitt has said we were going to run multiple types of defense. The key is being coached, something that has been lacking. GBO!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I loathe Alabubba. But that defense though.
Actually if you watch the Alabama defense you will notice most of the time they actually have 4 or 5 men on the line of scrimmage....the WLB and SLB linebackers are right there..
Watch the Tennessee-Alabama game last year...

All coaches have their own variations of the 3-4 and it is just according to which offensive scheme they are going up against..

You have to have the big guys that can fill those running lanes and linebackers that attack and can get off blocks or the offensive blocking schemes will kill you..

My preference is a standard 4-3 with big men one on one and pressuring the QB with stunting and a great blitz package

Actually if you watch the Alabama defense you will notice most of the time they actually have 4 or 5 men on the line of scrimmage....the WLB and SLB linebackers are right there..
Watch the Tennessee-Alabama game last year...

All coaches have their own variations of the 3-4 and it is just according to which offensive scheme they are going up against..

You have to have the big guys that can fill those running lanes and linebackers that attack and can get off blocks or the offensive blocking schemes will kill you..

My preference is a standard 4-3 with big men one on one and pressuring the QB with stunting and a great blitz package

What you’re calling a 5 man front or “5 men on the line of scrimmage” is a 3-4

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back