D4H's 2018 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings

I just hope when Dobbs is the talk of the NFL next year as the star QB leading the Steelers to the best record in the NFL that y'all don't pretend like you did with Alvin Kamara last year acting like y'all saw it all along like I did.

Right now I am on an island by myself in believing Josh Dobbs will be a star in the NFL. I better not see y'all jumping on the bandwagon this upcoming season.

I hope you’re right.

Reactions: 1 person
Blue font? Right now the guy is the predictive equivalent of Duane Kuiper, infamously known for managing one homer in 3K+ at bats.

Thanks for that stat, I should know that guy but never heard of him. .271 career BA so I have to give him props for that.

That's his only one sadly.

Not really. You guys just acknowledge Alvin because he played at UT and are interested in his NFL career.

I was also right about JuJu Smith-Schuster. He went in the late 2nd round after a whole bunch of WRs. I had him rated as the #2 WR in the class, compared him to Dez Bryant, and said he was a 1st round prospect who would be a perennial pro bowler. Thus far, I've been proven right on that one. JuJu had the best season for any rookie WR and looks like a future star.

I was also good on my safety rankings. I had guys like Marcus Maye (Jets), Marcus Williams (Saints), and John Johnson (Rams) rated as 1st round players. All 3 went in the 2nd round or later. All 3 developed into starters as rookies and played very well. They look like future pro bowlers.

I could keep going cause there are more but I was right about a lot more than Alvin Kamara.

You guys need to take it easy. D4H knows what he is talking about.

Do I need to remind you all about his Kamara prediction?

No D4H II, you don't. Do we need to remind you about how mediocre he played the last 5 games of his season? Do we need to remind you (of course not, you wrote it) how he labeled a rook as the best RB in the league when, that's one enormous stretch for a back with with a mere 120 regular season carries? Do we need to remind you of Kelvin Taylor and Brad Kaaya, just to name a couple, who he had as having a much better production value than they will ever actually have, may not ever see an NFL field during regular season? Or how about the ones he called a bust in Bosa and Goff? For every Kamara, there are 10-15 ridiculous misses.

Reactions: 2 people
No D4H II, you don't. Do we need to remind you about how mediocre he played the last 5 games of his season? Do we need to remind you (of course not, you wrote it) how he labeled a rook as the best RB in the league when, that's one enormous stretch for a back with with a mere 120 regular season carries? Do we need to remind you of Kelvin Taylor and Brad Kaaya, just to name a couple, who he had as having a much better production value than they will ever actually have, may not ever see an NFL field during regular season? Or how about the ones he called a bust in Bosa and Goff? For every Kamara, there are 10-15 ridiculous misses.

giphy.gif

Shouldn’t you be lurking a UGA board?

giphy.gif

Shouldn’t you be lurking a UGA board?

Yet another D4H statement .. keep it obvious for those who don't have my background though.

Anyway, I think this board said something about NFL right? Not sure I saw where it said NFL for UT fans only

I just hope when Dobbs is the talk of the NFL next year as the star QB leading the Steelers to the best record in the NFL that y'all don't pretend like you did with Alvin Kamara last year acting like y'all saw it all along like I did.

Right now I am on an island by myself in believing Josh Dobbs will be a star in the NFL. I better not see y'all jumping on the bandwagon this upcoming season.

Not true at all. I said Dobbs would be the second coming of Jesus long before you. When he wins 13 straight MVP’s in 11 years and cures breast cancer you’ll see I was right.

Your sarcasm meter is broken.

No D4H II, you don't. Do we need to remind you about how mediocre he played the last 5 games of his season?

Actually it's going to be interesting how the Saints respond to their rushing taking a big nosedive in the last 1/3 of their season. Over their 1st 12 games they averaged 143ypg. Over the last 6 (obviously playoffs included) that dropped to 80. 146-480, 3.29ypc. During that span Ingram was 69-249 (3.61ypc) while AK went 55-188 (3.42ypc)

Actually it's going to be interesting how the Saints respond to their rushing taking a big nosedive in the last 1/3 of their season. Over their 1st 12 games they averaged 143ypg. Over the last 6 (obviously playoffs included) that dropped to 80. 146-480, 3.29ypc. During that span Ingram was 69-249 (3.61ypc) while AK went 55-188 (3.42ypc)

Good point .. defenses found something out it seems

Why do you hate Alvin Kamara?

Did you even watch the last 6 games?! DID YOU NOT SEE HOW ALVIN LOOKED DURING THOSE 55 CARRIES?!?!!11! HE LOOKED LIKE THE THREE-WAY LOVE CHILD OF USAINE BOLT, DENZEL WASHINGTON, AND TAYE DIGGS!!!1!!1

That's only because teams started keying on the run game and it opened up throwing windows for Brees and Michael Thomas.

If you noticed during that stretch Brees had some huge games.

Its gonna be pick your poison with the Saints. If you key on the run game they'll just kill you through the air with a Hall of Fame QB.

That's only because teams started keying on the run game and it opened up throwing windows for Brees and Michael Thomas.

Its gonna be pick your poison with the Saints. If you key on the run game they'll just kill you through the air with a Hall of Fame QB.

I'd posited roughly the same idea elsewhere but the fact remains the approach seemed to work. Total yardage dropped from 409ypg to 354.

Yeah, so, that’s just not true at all.

In those last 6 games, where you say the Saints’ formidable rushing attack finally led to defenses keying on stopping the run, thereby opening Brees up to some “huge games”.....

Brees had a slightly lower completion percentage, averaged all of 9 more yards throwing per game, a huge reduction in yards per attempt (from 8.1 to 6.5) and had a much worse td to interception ratio of 1.8:1, vs his 3.4:1 during the first 12 games of the year.

So, as usual, your statement was simply not true and provably false.

Reactions: 2 people
Here are my predictions for the rookies this upcoming season:

Offensive Rookie of the Year: QB Josh Allen (Bills)
Defensive Rookie of the Year: DB Minkah Fitzpatrick (Dolphins)

Best Rookie QB: Josh Allen (Bills)
Best Rookie RB: Ronald Jones II (Buccaneers) & Saquon Barkley (Giants)
Best Rookie WR: Antonio Callaway (Browns)
Best Rookie DL: Marcus Davenport (Saints) & Bradley Chubb (Broncos)
Best Rookie LB: Leighton Vander Esch (Cowboys)
Best Rookie DB: Minkah Fitzpatrick (Dolphins)

I believe Josh Allen (Bills) has the best chance to start of all the rookie QBs and have immediate success. Buffalo Bills are a talented team that made the playoffs last year. I can see Josh Allen stepping in and having a stellar rookie year where he leads the Bills to the playoffs. That should be good enough to win the Rookie of the Year award even with running backs like Ronald Jones II (Buccaneers) and Saquon Barkley (Giants) putting up big numbers as rookies. I think Jones II and Barkley have a chance to be the best rookie RBs not only because of their talent but also the opportunity. Both guys should be the bell cow RBs for their teams and put up huge numbers. In terms of WRs, you all know how much I love Antonio Callaway (Browns). He walked into a perfect situation in Cleveland. He's got a decent NFL QB in Tyrod Taylor throwing him the ball and has an All-Pro like Josh Gordon opposite of him that will attract loads of attention. This should give Antonio Callaway the chance to have a really good rookie season. I can see him getting 700+ receiving yards as a rookie.

On defense, I believe Minkah Fitzpatrick (Dolphins) will not only be the best rookie DB in this class but also the Defensive Rookie of the Year. I can see him having a year like Marshon Lattimore where he makes the Pro Bowl as a rookie while recording 5+ INTs with a couple of them going back for TDs. When it comes to the defensive lineman, I think Marcus Davenport (Saints) and Bradley Chubb (Broncos) will make the most noise. I actually had Davenport rated as the #1 edge rusher in this draft, so I loved when the Saints traded up for him. This guy is a Jason Taylor clone physically. I can see him having a lot of success early on opposite Cam Jordan. Similarly, I think Chubb will have a lot of success playing alongside Von Miller. Both could have 10+ sack seasons as rookies. When it comes to the LBs, I think Leighton Vander Esch (Cowboys) will have the most success. He was my #1 rated LB going into the draft and I believe the Cowboys got a huge steal here. He could have a Luke Kuechly type rookie season. He's that good.

Overall, I think this draft will produce at least 8-10 Hall of Famers. Here are my early favorites:
QB Josh Allen (Bills)
QB Lamar Jackson (Ravens)
RB Saquon Barkley (Giants)
WR Antonio Callaway (Browns)
OL Quenton Nelson (Colts)
OL Frank Ragnow (Lions)
DE Marcus Davenport (Saints)
LB Leighton Vander Esch (Cowboys)
DB Minkah Fitzpatrick (Dolphins)
DB Derwin James (Chargers)

VN Store

Back