'19 NC CB Tyus Fields (Tennessee signee)

4_4429196.jpg

Tyus Fields

CB, 5'10" 170lbs., High School Sophomore
William Amos Hough High School, Cornelius, NC
Class of 2019

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Rivals

UT has offered along with Clemson, LSU, & NC State.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RollerVol
Simonton and Price at Rivals camp in NC and just put up a video. This kid says he’s a big fan of UT, “I watch Tennessee every Saturday, I know a lot about UT”. Also says his favorite player is Kamara and he models his game after Eric Berry. He plans to visit UT soon.

Reactions: 8 people
Simonton and Price at Rivals camp in NC and just put up a video. This kid says he’s a big fan of UT, “I watch Tennessee every Saturday, I know a lot about UT”. Also says his favorite player is Kamara and he models his game after Eric Berry. He plans to visit UT soon.

That's huge. The fact he watches TN every Saturday and is a fan of our past players, is a big factor for us. Not to mention, Pruitt having an excellent track record with DBs and defense.

Marquil Osborne is from the same high school, AND was higher rated.

Really really need him to live up to the hype in year 3

Reactions: 1 person

Geeze, commit now then! lol

Marquil Osborne is from the same high school, AND was higher rated.

Really really need him to live up to the hype in year 3

He hasn’t lived up due to coaching and the weight program. He has a lot of talent.

We would have had his brother had Butch not have been such a clown

Reactions: 2 people
He hasn’t lived up due to coaching and the weight program. He has a lot of talent.

We would have had his brother had Butch not have been such a clown

His tape was awesome coming out of Hough.

Pruitt has seen the team. And we still added the grad-school CB.
Trying Jackson and Fils-Aime there as well.

I think Byrd is a safety...

So CB is a big hole...Osborne really needs to step up

His tape was awesome coming out of Hough.

Pruitt has seen the team. And we still added the grad-school CB.
Trying Jackson and Fils-Aime there as well.

I think Byrd is a safety...

So CB is a big hole...Osborne really needs to step up

I thought Byrd was being moved to Corner? That's what he played in HS. Think his size is better suited at DB. We still have Gray(Safety),Osborne(Corner),Bailey(Corner), Shamburger( Corner), Warrior(Safety), Labruzza(Corner),Abernathy(Safety), TKJr( Safety), Buchanan( Corner), Jackson( Safety/Corner), DJ Henderson(Corner),Byrd( Corner), CFA( Corner),Brandon Davis( Corner), Flowers(Safety), Norwood(Safety) and possibly the Grad Transfer ( Corner) from Stanford.

Video interview posted to VQ.

Wants a family atmosphere. Father played in the NFL and brother plays at Clemson (rising senior). Can play safety or corner, but seems to see himself more as a CB.

On UT, "Tennessee is on the come-up." Said he knows all about UT and watches UT every Saturday. Named Eric Berry as one of his favorite players. He's also a Saints fan and likes Kamara. Said he hopes to visit UT soon.

VolQuest.com - 4-star DB Tyus Fields set to visit Vols soon

Reactions: 2 people
I thought Byrd was being moved to Corner? That's what he played in HS. Think his size is better suited at DB. We still have Gray(Safety),Osborne(Corner),Bailey(Corner), Shamburger( Corner), Warrior(Safety), Labruzza(Corner),Abernathy(Safety), TKJr( Safety), Buchanan( Corner), Jackson( Safety/Corner), DJ Henderson(Corner),Byrd( Corner), CFA( Corner),Brandon Davis( Corner), Flowers(Safety), Norwood(Safety) and possibly the Grad Transfer ( Corner) from Stanford.

Byrd never played corner in HS. He always played safety. He played corner in one of the all star games.

Fields was at the O&W game...

“It was real good,” said Fields, who’s ranked the No. 217 overall prospect and No. 22 cornerback in the 247Sports Composite for the 2019 class. “A lot of fans came out to show love for the spring game, and it’s just, like, a family environment up there. They’re really changing the program for Tennessee and the football team. “They’ve always been high on my list. But just getting back up there, it made them just stay in those top options for me.”

Saturday’s visit allowed Fields to spend time with Pruitt, Fair, Rumph and defensive coordinator Kevin Sherrer, and he said Tennessee’s coaches “just really want me to come up there and play for them” and have “been really communicating with me a lot.”

Fields said Fair was “the main guy I talked to” while he was there, adding that they “talked a lot.” “After the game, we definitely got to talk (about) how he definitely wants me to come play for them, and how I should come up more and visit and get real close with the area and stuff like that,” Fields said. “They told me that they want me to come play there, and just coming there for them would be really good because they could use one of those real wiry guys who could help play with the edge and come help the team out.”

“They told me that there’s a possible chance I can come in and play if I just keep my head right and keep up my good grades and just stay focused,” Fields said. “They absolutely talked me about that. They need help in their secondary, and that’s something I can provide.” Fields said he’s excited about “what Coach Pruitt is doing” in his first months at Tennessee. “He’s really working hard with the secondary group, trying to get them right,” Fields said, adding that he likes that Pruitt is “also really heavily involved with the secondary” on a daily basis. “And everybody is just all in with Tennessee right now, just trying to get them going.”

He said Tennessee, Penn State, Ohio State, Florida State, Clemson and Wisconsin are the schools that “are after me the hardest,” but he doesn’t have “a top choice right now” among the 11 schools that have extended offers to him. Fields is the younger brother of Clemson cornerback Mark Fields. He said the idea of joining his brother in playing for the Tigers “would be pretty cool,” but he insisted it “honestly doesn’t play a factor at all” in how he views Clemson and how he plans to approach his own college choice.

“Mark goes to Clemson. That’s where he goes,” Tyus Fields said. “But I’m just going through my recruiting process. … We never really said much about playing together.” The younger Fields said he’s not rushing to decide on a school, but he’s hoping to make his choice before turning his attention to his senior season. “I want to do it before the season starts,” he said. “That’s the plan.”

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back