Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Any Owners?

#convertible

You seem like a "jeep guy" so I have a question. What is the appeal to taking off the doors? I've never understood as it seems terribly unsafe and miserably noisy. I could see it if you were constantly using it as a beach cruiser, but on city streets...why?

You seem like a "jeep guy" so I have a question. What is the appeal to taking off the doors? I've never understood as it seems terribly unsafe and miserably noisy. I could see it if you were constantly using it as a beach cruiser, but on city streets...why?

That was the first, and only, time I've taken them off. It was fun and different and also not as easy as it seemed it would be when I decided to do it. I can't say I'll never do it again, but it won't be a regular activity.

Because it's bad a$$.

Ha, seriously, it's just the feeling of being free/outside. I love riding around town with my doors off and feet on my pegs. I guess it's similar to the appeal of bikes. It's not as much fun on on long interstate drives.

Reactions: 1 person
Just a few mods so far (tires, wheels, lift, disconnects, fenders, VDP stubby bumper kit, MetalCloak rails, replaced stereo and factory speakers) but re-gear, winch and bumpers to come soon.

Attachments

• 19039.jpg
    19039.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I like these new browns and tans that automakers like Jeep and Toyota are using on their off-road oriented vehicles. The Toyota Tundra, in particular, looks good. But not as good as that Rubicon.

This is the best looking Mojave/Tan vehicle imo. Almost bought a Rebel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170910-095426.jpg
    Screenshot_20170910-095426.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
The missus was holding out for the 2020 Bronco but my Rubicon changed her mind.

Attachments

• P1600468.jpg
    P1600468.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1
Amazon and I were busy this week. About to do some WORK this weekend...

On that note: anyone have a suggestion for the best tool to neatly trim fender/wheel well liners? I'd like to use my old liners with the new fender flares.

Last edited:
Traded my truck and bought a Rubicon. Fun in the summers. Great in the snow and mud. Mileage stinks. Not comfortable for travel. Outside and road noise is an issue. As for hauling....not the greatest. Tail wagging the dog. And you will really miss being able to hit the gas and get a solid response. Underwhelming the jeep is in that regard.

After 8 years, countless accessories and upgrades, I went back to a truck. When you don't have one and need one, you really appreciate having it. Yeah I miss having the top and doors off sometimes, but I made the right choice. Bought a V8 King Ranch. Smooth, quiet, power, hauling, towing, and it's a much more luxurious and technologically sophisticated vehicle compared to the jeep. I'd debated getting a super duty diesel, but the govt/epa have ruined those. Injector kits are 6k and more than a few guys have had to pop for those at 90-100k miles....no warranty. And just recently Ford and dodge got popped for the emissions fraud ala VW and Audi. Very happy I went for a gasser this time. Cheaper for me to service to boot.

Hey, I kept my rubi for over 8 years so it's not like it was terrible. Give it a go if it fits what you're looking for.

Ive had a bunch of Jeeps which included the original unlimited a Scrambler. Then several JK's and my best an 06 LJ (TJ Unlimited) and I believe the most desired.

Jeeps can do anything. As far as towing they can tow quite a bit, especially the newer ones with the bigger motor. They are versatile and why you see everyone from soccer moms to serious offroaders. And for the bumper debate you cant beat anything from Poison Spyder. American made and whats on my 06.

83 Scrambler CJ8

07 JK from my old business Rooster Offroad. One of the first Jeeps in the nation on 40's at the time. Crazy offroad machine with tens of thousands invested.

06 LJ 28,000 miles and only leaves the garage for a cruise in or beach day

I have an 06 LJ rubicon. Best jeep ever made in my opinion

Because it's bad a$$.

Ha, seriously, it's just the feeling of being free/outside. I love riding around town with my doors off and feet on my pegs. I guess it's similar to the appeal of bikes. It's not as much fun on on long interstate drives.

You got that right! I loved my Jeep around town when I lived in Greenville SC. Then I started a job in Atlanta but didn’t want to move there so I commuted 2 hrs. in my Jeep. That thing beat me to death and the soft top noise was deafening after a while.

Traded my truck and bought a Rubicon. Fun in the summers. Great in the snow and mud. Mileage stinks. Not comfortable for travel. Outside and road noise is an issue. As for hauling....not the greatest. Tail wagging the dog. And you will really miss being able to hit the gas and get a solid response. Underwhelming the jeep is in that regard.

After 8 years, countless accessories and upgrades, I went back to a truck. When you don't have one and need one, you really appreciate having it. Yeah I miss having the top and doors off sometimes, but I made the right choice. Bought a V8 King Ranch. Smooth, quiet, power, hauling, towing, and it's a much more luxurious and technologically sophisticated vehicle compared to the jeep. I'd debated getting a super duty diesel, but the govt/epa have ruined those. Injector kits are 6k and more than a few guys have had to pop for those at 90-100k miles....no warranty. And just recently Ford and dodge got popped for the emissions fraud ala VW and Audi. Very happy I went for a gasser this time. Cheaper for me to service to boot.

Hey, I kept my rubi for over 8 years so it's not like it was terrible. Give it a go if it fits what you're looking for.

These are the reasons I don’t own a Jeep. Want to, likely as a second vehicle... to play in the dirt. Droving a rental Jeep this week in Hawaii, and I like it for the roads here... but you can tell the power is just not there. Does let you know when the road is bumpie.

These are the reasons I don’t own a Jeep. Want to, likely as a second vehicle... to play in the dirt. Droving a rental Jeep this week in Hawaii, and I like it for the roads here... but you can tell the power is just not there. Does let you know when the road is bumpie.

Jeep with a V-6 has plenty enough power to serve its purpose. Not intended to be a towing beast. I did once own a 4 cylinder Wrangler. Wouldn’t fall out of a tree if you pushed it.

Reactions: 2 people

Here is a nice version...Used 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
43598327606.468035449.IM1.02.1000x562_A.850x566.jpg

My daughter and I both have ‘13s. Hers is an auto, mine a stick. She wants to get hers lifted 3 inches. She is such a poser.

My questions are:
How much is it going to cost?
Does it screw up the CG enough to mess up the ride considerably?
She doesn’t have the greatest driving record. Lol

Bump.

I'm about to get in the game. Driven but never owned.

Things you wish you'd have known prior to buying?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back