RUNNING BACK
5'11'' | 190 LBS
CLASS OF 2020
ATLANTA, GA
(CARVER)

Jo'Quavious Marks, Carver, Running Back

Rivals.com

Last edited:
There are two threads on this guy. The other doesn't have the Jo in front of it. Just passing it along.

EDIT: Ignore me. Two different people. Sorry.

Last edited:
That orange helmet looks way too shiny.

prolly thought it was a clemson offer when he saw the helmet.........

“It went good. I learned more about the academics,” said Marks, who’s ranked the No. 122 overall prospect and No. 12 running back in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “They got around me more, seeing how my personality is.” The 5-foot-11, 190-pound Marks received a scholarship offer from Tennessee almost a year ago. He previously visited the Vols in May 2017 and again last summer, attending one of their camps in June.

This time, he said he spent more time with Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff and experienced the “electric” environment inside Thompson-Boling Arena for the top-ranked Vols’ basketball game Saturday against West Virginia. Marks told 247Sports’ Kipp Adams in late December that Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Florida and Clemson were “in my top group right now.” He said at the time that Ohio State “was my dream school growing up.”

After Saturday’s visit, he said he’s still taking a hard look at Tennessee, and he’s already hoping to return there within the next few months, perhaps for a spring practice. “I’m looking at it pretty heavily,” Marks said. Marks said he’s high on the Vols for multiple reasons. “I like the players, how their brotherhood is, and how the coaching staff (has) a lot of high school coaches,” he said, “and then they have experience on another level.”

On Saturday, Marks said he “talked to the running back coach” — referring to Tennessee assistant coach David Johnson, who coached the Vols’ wide receivers last season — along with defensive line coach Tracy Rocker and offensive graduate assistant Caleb Cox. Rocker is serving as Marks’ area recruiter for Tennessee, and Marks said he hears from the Vols, “like, every day.” “They want to use me really, like, all over the field — as a running back, spread out wide, as a running back outside, wide receiver sometimes,” said Marks, who has received offers from more than 20 schools.

“It’s, like, really a lot of schools,” Marks said. “But I’ve got to visit and see, like, do they really feel (like) home? “Right now, I’m visiting everywhere and I’ll see when I start narrowing it down.” He said he plans to visit Georgia Tech next weekend, and he’s scheduled to take an unofficial visit to Oregon on April 20. Marks said he’s still focused on “getting a lot of places” in the coming months. But he said he’s not necessarily planning to extend his recruitment until the start of the Early Signing Period in December, adding that it will be “not too long” before he makes his choice.

The 5-11, 190-pound all-purpose back from Carver High School in Atlanta is no stranger to the Vols, Jeremy Pruitt and his staff.

Saturday was Marks’ third trip to Rocky Top since last spring.

“I really like the family atmosphere, the academics and the surroundings there,” Marks said.

Marks said he talks with defensive line coach Tracy Rocker and graduate assistant Caleb Cox regularly and also talks to several current Vols.

“I know Wanya (Morris), Tre Flowers and some of the other Georgia guys on the team,” Marks said. “I talk to some of those guys a good bit.”

While Marks has seen Tennessee multiple times, he has seen a lot of other places as well. This year he’s already been to Clemson, Mississippi State, South Carolina and Florida.

“I’m just trying to see as many places as I can,” Marks offered. “I’m not in a hurry to make a decision. I will sign in December and will enroll in January.”

The 4-star will also see Tennessee again, likely during their spring practice. As for what Marks is looking for in a school it starts with off the field.

“The atmosphere of the school is important as is the academics,” said Marks, who described the basketball game atmosphere as electric. “I want to major in sports medicine and be a trainer.

As for his game, the all-purpose back said schools like his versatility.

“They like me as an athlete. They can use me anywhere,” Marks said. “I try and model my game some after Ezekiel Elliott and Alvin Karma.”
—VQ

VN Store

Back