Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss the Gruden threads. I didn't realize it until just now.
Sad.

I miss knuck and doyle telling people (kindly) to leave.
I miss coasty being schizo.
I miss boro being cryptic.
I miss the sharp ladies figuring out complex angles to the world's problems.
I miss Atlantavol giving out free tickets.
I miss insiders dropping nuggets and me getting all excited 'cause Gruden's coming.
I miss smokeyhuntsgators eternally optimistic "soon" posts.
I miss, I forget who it was, posting "Gruden to the Hill!"
I miss gif posting (pronounced gif, with a g). :D
I even miss MITBeaver, and I don't know why.
I miss Bubba driving by for who knows what reason.
I miss it all.

I feel like Pruitt will do well here, but I sure did love the hope I felt when I believed Gruden would be our guy (which I will never, I repeat, never, again believe).

I miss you guys.

Howdy preach! I miss it too. How are ya!

Me too!

There was a post a few pages back mocking us for getting Freak to remove trolls.

What people are never going to get (or try to get) was that the Gruden threads provided a happy place to be on VN, a change form the b!tching and moaning and endless e-cred battles on the other threads.

Sure, it was fun to think that he was coming, but a lot of regular posters never really thought it would happen. But we still all joined in, speculating, joking, trading stories, and just having a good time. Idiots who came in to scold us for talking about Gruden were rightfully run off as trolls, because that wasn’t the point of the threads.

And most of them knew it. They just wanted to muscle in and make us conform.

And oh, by the way, a lot of regular Gruden posters participated in the Great Volshevik Revolution. Never underestimate the power of people with enthusiasm and a dream, as opposed to those stuck in their cynicism.

I miss you, preacher! I hope you and yours are doing well, and that there wasn’t too much sadness about that empty chair on Christmas.

I expect this thread will go pretty quiet for the next several months, barring any amazing offseason scandals or surprises, but let’s come back as the Original Neylanders when spring practice and the Orange and White game return!! (And here’s hoping that it won’t be 8 degrees by then.)

+1

Reactions: 1 person
Hey Sara. You posted while I was being sarcastic ... ruined my post. :)
Doing well. Good Christmas and New Years and all that.

You?
Any other Grudenites come up in here?

A couple stop by from time to time. Sure do find I miss the fun of the old thread....but it's time to get back to living. Yes, I agree with you....I think Pruitt will do a fine job. Hopeful we end up with a top 15 maybe 10 recruiting class before it's all over.

Pruitt pulling that stud linebacker out of Georgia is pretty impressive. When he started Recruiting he had a long way to go and a short time to get there. Pruitt will shock the rest of college football with a top 12 class imo.

Pruitt pulling that stud linebacker out of Georgia is pretty impressive. When he started Recruiting he had a long way to go and a short time to get there. Pruitt will shock the rest of college football with a top 12 class imo.

Agree...I bet we get one heck of a recruiting ranking considering we went through a coaching change. Looking for a 10-15 and that would be impressive!

Reactions: 2 people
Gruden threads are (were) easily the most fun to be had on VN. Mix equal parts speculation, enthusiasm (fervor is more accurate), mild delusion and occasional psychosis and you have a frothy batch of pure fun.

Reactions: 4 people
Gruden threads were great. Reminded of the Lost tv series. I thought it was the greatest tv series ever but was devastatingly disappointed by the ending. Well worth the ride but will always be left with that lingering feeling of "what could have been".

Reactions: 4 people
Soooo, Gruden isn't coming to Tennessee? Lol. You guys got me believing, and that was fun. Did alot of lurking at the time. I really needed it at the time. My son was facing surgery (any parent knows how it feels to be helpless when you can't take that away from them), you guys have sure been a source of distraction for me, and I truly believed he was coming. Anyway,I wanted to get on here and say Thank you!!! You all helped to get this scared mom's mind distracted and on to something other than the here and now. It is awful when you are the only paren't having to go this, so, again, THANK YOU ALL. I'm

Me too!

There was a post a few pages back mocking us for getting Freak to remove trolls.

It would have been fine to say it was me that posted that, Lima. I don't mind.

Some of the posts by those that thought the Gruden threads were dumb, were even dumber. No creativity at all and those were annoying. But obviously its a message board and that's part of it.

Several people received hundreds of likes for simply responding with "gtfo". Some enjoyed that side of it, it was part of the experience of the thread.

Anyway, its not important enough to go any further.

Sending emails to the administrator to complain about it was silly in my opinion, but that's just me.

Gruden threads were great. Reminded of the Lost tv series. I thought it was the greatest tv series ever but was devastatingly disappointed by the ending. Well worth the ride but will always be left with that lingering feeling of "what could have been".

We were talking about that at work yesterday.
The conversation turned into “can you remember any tv shows that ended good”?
Didn’t come up with any

Apparently, Ape doesn't find practical jokes funny...

DRKemUlW4AApYXI.jpg:large

I laughed so hard on this! :lolabove:

Reactions: 1 person
what I posted in the Neyland I thread in the PUB.

I miss the Gruden threads. I didn't realize it until just now.
Sad.

I miss knuck and doyle telling people (kindly) to leave.
I miss coasty being schizo.
I miss boro being cryptic.
I miss the sharp ladies figuring out complex angles to the world's problems.
I miss Atlantavol giving out free tickets.
I miss insiders dropping nuggets and me getting all excited 'cause Gruden's coming.
I miss smokeyhuntsgators eternally optimistic "soon" posts.
I miss, I forget who it was, posting "Gruden to the Hill!"
I miss gif posting (pronounced gif, with a g). :D
I even miss MITBeaver, and I don't know why.
I miss Bubba driving by for who knows what reason.
I miss it all.

I feel like Pruitt will do well here, but I sure did love the hope I felt when I believed Gruden would be our guy (which I will never, I repeat, never, again believe).

I miss you guys.

Let the beating commence.

Seeing Gruden going to the Raiders is like hearing the girl that left you at the altar because she just didn’t want to get married is getting married 3 months after you got married to a nice girl wih a great personality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back