Jacob Eason Transferring?

So go to JUCO and go where you want, like Kamara or Cam. I’m sorry, if I’m a coach I’m not letting Peyton Manning wake up one morning and decide he’s going to Bama because his girlfriend broke up with him last night.

Did Peyton get benched? These are not comparable examples.

If anybody thinks that smart would let eason come here, you're an idiot, he wont be at any sec team, let alone a divion foe...

Reactions: 1 person
So go to JUCO and go where you want, like Kamara or Cam. I’m sorry, if I’m a coach I’m not letting Peyton Manning wake up one morning and decide he’s going to Bama because his girlfriend broke up with him last night.

That is great except Eason cannot go JUCO because UGA played him in garbage time so he could not redshirt. Now they can help control where he does not go.

He's everything they hoped he would be and they still benched him. He didn't break team rules. He didn't fail in the classroom or fail to put the work in. He played well from the get-go, got hurt, and it turned out somebody else was better than him. No idea why anybody thinks it's right or OK for UGA to stand in the way of his best future.

It's ****ing bananas that this BS is allowed.

I agree with you 100%. I would take this kid in a heartbeat - - he's way better than our current QB's.
There is no way a kid should be blocked from going where he wants to. I know it could work against us too but so what? Dumb rule that a releasing school can dictate where a kid can go. I bet that wouldn't stand up in court if someone wanted to fight it.

Will Georgia QB Jacob Eason transfer? That's the 'million dollar' question

Good article on Eason and if he will transfer. One would think yes given the success of Fromm and Fields enrolling this year. His talent is off the charts and has prob the biggest arm in college football. Perfect pro style QB.

Could CJP and CTH get in with Eason. This is the type of QB that is a program changer.

What you think volnation do we swing for the fences on him?
He can do like Baker Mayfield did Texas Tech he left and walked on at Oklahoma out of no were!!! :)

I’m saying you set that precedent.

And what's wrong with that? What's wrong with being known as the team who is fair to players? I like the idea that recruits would look at us and say "If I lose my starting job to a younger player, they won't stand in my way if I transfer."

We'd win some recruits and we'd lose some bench players, but we'd be doing the right thing.

Reactions: 3 people
It's a feudal mentality which allows restriction of these players. Sadly, personal liberty is not a cherished value amongst many here in the US.

It's a feudal mentality which allows restriction of these players. Sadly, personal liberty is not a cherished value amongst many here in the US.

He had all the "personal liberty" in the world when he CHOSE to sign and commit to play for Georgia. When a player CHOOSES to break that commitment there are consequences, namely sitting out a year and leaving it up to the program's discretion to restrict transfer to certain other programs. There are no damn victim's here, jeez!

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah I get it, who's going to allow a kid with that talent to transfer within the division. :loco:

He had all the "personal liberty" in the world when he CHOSE to sign and commit to play for Georgia. When a player CHOOSES to break that commitment there are consequences, namely sitting out a year and leaving it up to the program's discretion to restrict transfer to certain other programs. There are no damn victim's here, jeez!

Does he really have a choice if the rule applies no matter where he commits?

We're arguing for a rule change so that we're not compelling teenagers to make decisions that can hurt their near and long-term future.

And what's wrong with that? What's wrong with being known as the team who is fair to players? I like the idea that recruits would look at us and say "If I lose my starting job to a younger player, they won't stand in my way if I transfer."

We'd win some recruits and we'd lose some bench players, but we'd be doing the right thing.

Im not suggesting the system it right. Im sorry though, coaching is a cut throat business as we have witnessed recently. If I’m a coach or AD I wouldn’t let you leave UT to go to UF, UGA, BAMA etc... There are plenty of other options out there, there are plenty of good schools. I know Eason lost his spot because of an injury and nothing else, and I don’t blame Smart for rolling with Fromm, but no way I let him go to a divisional opponent or Auburn.

When a kid excepts that scholarship money, then there are certain terms and conditions he agrees to. Now if he wanted to come to UT and pay his own way (not on scholarship) and walk on, that may be allowed?

Eason will transfer, you will likely see him at a PAC school starting next season.

Not sure what Eason's money situation is, but a kid can still transfer wherever they want. If the school is on the current university's list to deny transfer, the player must pay their own way the first year.

My 2 cents...

If I were Eason, I'd explore all angles to transfer, he's likely wasting his talent riding the bench. Personally, if Eason was 100% healthy, I'd put Eason slightly in front of Fromm. It's a close call either way.

I respect Eason's loyalty, but it's 'personal' business, Eason needs to do what's best for him. Get a great education elsewhere, get a couple of years playing time elsewhere in a quality pro-style team setup... and maybe get a chance to play on Sunday's.

If there was no disincentive to transfer, every player could leave and go somewhere else every year. You'd have coaches recruiting players off of active NCAA rosters.

I don't have any objection to the NCAA opening up transfers during coaching changes or other unique situations, but you can't have chaos.

If there was no disincentive to transfer, every player could leave and go somewhere else every year. You'd have coaches recruiting players off of active NCAA rosters.

I don't have any objection to the NCAA opening up transfers during coaching changes or other unique situations, but you can't have chaos.

I'm only talking about cases where a player has been benched for somebody younger. If Eason were sitting the bench behind a senior, I would say tough luck, bro. Come back and compete next year or transfer and go to a school we're cool with.

Also, QB's, K's, and P's...positions where there is only one guy taking every snap. 2nd string RB plays a lot. So if you're 4th on the depth chart and there are younger guys ahead of you, yeah you should transfer wherever you want.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back