Who does Pruitt play for?

CJP said all the right things in the presser (as did Phil), but while I have softened on my stance on him coaching Bama in the CFP I'm still not a fan.

If Bama goes out and gets 40 points laid on em, its not a good look for us. If they go out and dominate, our head coach just helped Bama win. Just seems like a lose-lose to me. Bad optics all around.
Doesn't mean **** about UT. If they look good, Bama looks good. If the look bad, Bama looks bad. And Bama can't look bad enough to suit me.

And none of that crap about the TV announcers saying the future coach of UT means bupkus. The 5 stars will be looking at Gump and not UT if they do well.

I believe when you get a new better opportunity, you leave the old one behind. Why be loyal to any company that can fire you instantly?

To me it shows his honesty and dedication to a program he has led to the playoffs. I'm sure Fulmer knew the situation as he pursed him. He is doing the right thing for the kids kn that team. Tells me how important he is to that team too. Next year he will try his best to beat those same kids.

Oh stop, the CJP fan boy ball washers are by far the most unreasonable. They say how great staff hires are and how dominant our staff will be but, if you disagree then they say you are stupid and tell you we will be lucky to get six wins the first year. Just stop it.

Unreal. Proving ones self is a lost value. If he's a homerun hire he better have 10 wins year 2.

and if he dont , your going to do what exactly ?

It's much easier to get up in public and say stupid stuff than pausing to answer hard questions directed directly to you, eh?

If you're referring to the 23 stupid questions you asked me in 23 different posts, I didn't answer them because they were spread across multiple pages and posts and were mostly nonsensical.

lulz. Anybody watching the basketball game? "Alabama Defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt, Nick Saban" yada yada yada. Yeah, they are gonna be talking all about UT when they show him in the NC tournament.

We need an over under on how many times they mention UT during any Gump games. I'll say it's 2

lulz. Anybody watching the basketball game? "Alabama Defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt, Nick Saban" yada yada yada. Yeah, they are gonna be talking all about UT when they show him in the NC tournament.

We need an over under on how many times they mention UT during any Gump games. I'll say it's 2

Can our coach at least update his twitter account. I believe it says HC at UT. But his last tweet was about welcoming the newest Bama fan. It was in May, so that’s forgiven, but at least tweet out something about your new school. Anything to cover up all that Bama crap. I think reasonable fans believe we lucked up and got a good coach in the end. I just hope he becomes a TN fan sooner rather than later. Hard to change your heart when it’s been bred into you like it has him. But he said he’s all in. So I’ll believe him until he gives me a reason not to. I never hire people that will just walk out on their previous jobs. He can handle both duties right now with the dead period looming.

gonna have to go with over being a safe bet Space...betting the farm...:yes:

GO VOLS!

Awww wittle snowflake. You snowflakes beat anything I've ever seen at a Berekly rally.

"What!?!? You aren't ball washing an unproven coach who is coaching Alabama when he could be calling recruits for Tennessee?!?!? You're no real fan then!"

tenor.gif

You have to be the biggest dipshi+ ever I seen post on here.

Reactions: 3 people
I have never heard of a situation where a major football school hired a new coach, but the new coach remained at the original school, an arch rival school, to help them for another 6 weeks.

Why would the new coach want to do that?
Why would the head coach (Saban) allow it?
Why would the new employer (UT) allow it?
Why are we putting up with it?

Don't make excuses or lame justifications. We need all his time and energy here now. We have lost the fan base, recruits, and our reputation.

Today, is our new coach for us or is he for Alabama?

Happens all the time. Rivals in this instance overrated. It is a business. Another negative thread that comes off as a whine. Who freaking cares? Pruitt can transition over the next 6 weeks. Actually helps UT from a credibility and recruiting standpoint.

Happens all the time. Rivals in this instance overrated. It is a business. Another negative thread that comes off as a whine. Who freaking cares? Pruitt can transition over the next 6 weeks. Actually helps UT from a credibility and recruiting standpoint.
How does winning a NC at Alabama help UT?

I believe he doesn't play for anyone. If I understand correctly, he is currently recruiting for us, during the dead period, he will finish his time as Defensive Coordinator for Alabama, then he will come be our Head Coach for next year.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe he doesn't play for anyone. If I understand correctly, he is currently recruiting for us, during the dead period, he will finish his time as Defensive Coordinator for Alabama, then he will come be our Head Coach for next year.

He's still allowed to recruit during the dead period. If the talent is so bad on this team he should be here recruiting. He doesn't get excuses to lose. Period. He's gotta get it done.

He is loyal and wants to win a national title which will get us recognition all during the playoffs and with recruits

Saban wants to win a national title because he gave one away last year with his f ing stubbornness towards Kiffin

Because they like that he is loyal and sees a job through, and they know it will help us in recruiting with exposure

Same again, plus it's the dead period most of this time and he can do basically all he can do daily and still carry on his duties for the playoff game(s)

This. One thing Saban does better than most coaches is rarely make the same mistake twice. He learned maybe running off an elite coordinator in the middle of a title run isn't the best thing to do. Unlikely he'd do it again if possible.

Guys, just let him coach Alabama and if he only wins 6 games next year is a$$ can be on the hot seat.

He's still allowed to recruit during the dead period. If the talent is so bad on this team he should be here recruiting. He doesn't get excuses to lose. Period. He's gotta get it done.

Where did I say he couldn't write letters or place phone calls during the dead period?

Where did I comment on talent level?

Where did I say anything about excuses?

Where did I insinuate that he didn't need to do what he needs to do to win?

Seems like you are just looking for an argument.

Reactions: 2 people
Where did I say he couldn't write letters or place phone calls during the dead period?

Where did I comment on talent level?

Where did I say anything about excuses?

Where did I insinuate that he didn't need to do what he needs to do to win?

Seems like you are just looking for an argument.

I wasn't necessarily referring to you. More of a general statement to everyone. I seem to be the only one around here that isn't giving him excuses to lose.

VN Store

Back