Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
He detests Lane Kiffin.

Pretty much everybody else is ok.

Have you heard or do you know personally how tight Fulmer and Gruden are? I have always assumed they has a good relationship. I do find it odd that no media is saying nothing about Gruden even being considered, yet some say they have talked. Yet the silence is deafening. Just pondering things, hopefully things go BOOM all at once. If not it better be a Peterson or at the least Miles type of hire. I can't fathom the Fulmer hasn't talked to Gruden like the media implies and insinuates after all we have heard with no rebuttal from either side. PLEASE SOON! Gruden say YES to Rocky Top!!!!!:rock:

Chris Peterson is in another stratosphere compared to all these other names... you would call him first if there was the slightest chance.

How do you know he wasn't called first? We don't know the order in which interviews are being set just the order in which they happen as they are leaked. Still not one note about Fulmer seeking to speak with Gruden.

Have you heard how tight Fulmer and Gruden are, I have always assumed they has a good relationship. I do find it odd that no media is saying nothing about Gruden even being considered, yet some say they have talked. Yet the silence is deafening. Just pondering things, hopefully things go BOOM all at once. If not it better be a Peterson or at the least Miles type of hire. I can't fathom the Fulmer hasn't talked to Gruden like the media implies and insinuates after all we have heard with no rebuttal from either side. PLEASE SOON! Gruden say YES to Rocky Top!!!!!:rock:

I think they have a really good relationship. I remember Phil being thrilled when Gruden won his SB...it was a real point of pride.

Reactions: 4 people
"Per sources with direct knowledge of the proceedings, Fulmer’s next round of talks is set to include, but not be limited to, Washington’s Chris Petersen and Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt."

[twitter]937784340548866048[/twitter]

Please no Pruitt

Reactions: 2 people
Do any of the names listed, outside of Gruden or a rejuvenated Miles, strike you as individuals that will make Saban take notice? I don't see any mid-major two-year HC, or any coordinator becoming a difference maker in the conference or against Bama. That is what I'm looking for...if not we should have kept Butch, or shuttered the program.

Kirby walked into Ga with the same type of team talent wise like Phil walked into in 92. We’re not as talented as some may think. We need some player development coaches more than anything IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
Odd, I mentioned not seeing any real smoke about Petersen and now his name is coming up. Throw the freaking bank at the man if he will listen.

It's a legitimate question. I quoted a post earlier (in my post history, you can look), and his username was UTSuave. Now when I click back to the original post I quoted, the username has been changed to UTSuave'

So in fact, he is pronounced “swah-VAY”, not “swayve.”

Good to know...

Reactions: 1 person
Do any of the names, outside of Gruden, Miles and a few others, sound like something Fulmer would come up with knowing he has one shot at this?

Bottom of the 9th, down by 3, bases loaded, full count. He knows he has to knock it out of the park.

Miles takes a pitch in the back to win the game.

Do any of the names, outside of Gruden, Miles and a few others, sound like something Fulmer would come up with knowing he has one shot at this?

Bottom of the 9th, down by 3, bases loaded, full count. He knows he has to knock it out of the park.

Phil needs to use a big bat.
15.jpg

If anyone that claims being a fan of the University of Tennessee isn’t happy with a potential Peterson hire nothing will make them happy. He would be a game changer for this University like no other coach on the Board. Didn’t think he was even a possibility. Would be my #1 absolutely out of all college coaches besides Saban. No questions asked.

Reactions: 11 people
I for one think it is a little odd that of all the names we were hearing last week, the one that did not get a renegotiated contract was Petersen. That being said, I am encouraged that he is willing to listen, and his buyout is doable. Currently he sits at the #3 Winningest Active Head Coaches spot with a .825 winning percentage after 12 years of coaching.

How do you know he wasn't called first? We don't know the order in which interviews are being set just the order in which they happen as they are leaked. Still not one note about Fulmer seeking to speak with Gruden.

I find it hard to believe Fulmer hasn't even approached Gruden or didn't squash it at the conference if it hadn't happened. You can bet your bottom dollar it will get asked if it's somebody else at the podium. If neither side was ever in contact or it wasn't a option and they let this go on this long with everything else our PR department needs a overhaul Our fan base deserves better than all this. We had the first opening and we still have one, Currie was a PATHETIC choice and if he would have a ran a quality search and laid it all out there we would already have a coach. SOON! GRUDEN TO THE HILL!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
"Per sources with direct knowledge of the proceedings, Fulmer’s next round of talks is set to include, but not be limited to, Washington’s Chris Petersen and Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt."

[twitter]937784340548866048[/twitter]

If true, might need a towel for myself. Petersen would be a dream hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back