Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is not place, but can’t post my own thread.

Has there been an official declaration that Jim Bob would never coach college? Hardly ever gets mentioned, I must have missed something.

Thought that Phil being AD might have resparked his name in the mix.

Reactions: 2 people
What are the Vegas odds for Gruden these days? A few days back, he was the favorite by far and that's all your heard. These days, very little saying he's the odd's-on favorite.

"Per sources with direct knowledge of the proceedings, Fulmer’s next round of talks is set to include, but not be limited to, Washington’s Chris Petersen and Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt."

[twitter]937784340548866048[/twitter]

Reactions: 5 people
What are the Vegas odds for Gruden these days? A few days back, he was the favorite by far and that's all your heard. These days, very little saying he's the odd's-on favorite.

Thing to remember about those is the betting pool Is really small.

Like him or not, I believe Leach would have made the SEC take notice.

Plus...I really wanted to be a pirate on the TN river.

I don't disagree...but that wasn't happening once Phil took over the search. I thought we were talking about current options.

Reactions: 1 person
I know this is not place, but can’t post my own thread.

Has there been an official declaration that Jim Bob would never coach college? Hardly ever gets mentioned, I must have missed something.

Thought that Phil being AD might have resparked his name in the mix.

Even if he does want to coach in college he doesn't have any HC experience. I wouldn't think we would go with someone that isn't proven. (Just to be clear I don't want Tee as HC either)

"Per sources with direct knowledge of the proceedings, Fulmer’s next round of talks is set to include, but not be limited to, Washington’s Chris Petersen and Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt."

[twitter]937784340548866048[/twitter]

Go get Chris Petersen today, now.

Reactions: 22 people
Do any of the names, outside of Gruden, Miles and a few others, sound like something Fulmer would come up with knowing he has one shot at this?

Bottom of the 9th, down by 3, bases loaded, full count. He knows he has to knock it out of the park.

Hope he can swing a football racquet!

Imagine this - the rest of the SEC (the seals) scrambling as Gruden is announced - fingers crossed.

raw

Reactions: 10 people
You can’t afford to be safe and reliable when lagging behind your competition. Closing the gap will take vision, boldness, and innovation. I hope UT considers this when weighing a Les Miles hire. He is the safest of all potential candidates. He has experience and accomplishments. He’s familiar with our conference. He’s a strong recruiter. He has beaten Saban. He’s kissed trophies. He may even bring along our favorite VFLs. But as we’re all safe and warm, group-hugging around our 1998 championship trophy, the gap between us and our competitors will grow wider. UT’s legacy demands better.

If ever there was a time to throw caution to the wind, it’s now.

NICE POST!

I for one agree 💯! I have been all in for Hruden and believe the guys that have sources that we have made a big swing for the fence. Whether it works or not we shall see.

If it doesn’t why do we have to settle for a safe hire? Let’s take a chance and go for something more of a splash than Miles. If they all say no, I could live with Miles as a final fallback.

At least try Chris Petersen, David Shaw, or even give Leach another shot. Even as much as I despise Kiffin, and I know Fulmer doesn’t like him, he would at least be a more exciting hire than Miles. We need a splash...not a flash from the past. We have been ridiculed enough by the rest of the country long enough. Time for us to laugh at them.

Coach Cut texted Hyams, stated he isn't involved in the TN coaching search

As I said a few pages back, hyams is clueless... Check the stats. No insider knowledge.. Just listened to sports radio long enough to hate Jimmy. 🤣

Chris Peterson is in another stratosphere compared to all these other names... you would call him first if there was the slightest chance.

Reactions: 2 people
Do any of the names, outside of Gruden, Miles and a few others, sound like something Fulmer would come up with knowing he has one shot at this?

Bottom of the 9th, down by 3, bases loaded, full count. He knows he has to knock it out of the park.

So he has to hit the grand slam to win the game.

Who's the grand slam?

SOON

So has VOLINEXILE been stopped from "leaking" something? It has been mentioned that early afternoon things would get interesting?

Hmm.

Chris Peterson is in another stratosphere compared to all these other names... you would call him first if there was the slightest chance.

Fulmer seems to be taking a very... Traditional approach to hiring. Instead of just going after a guy he's just like accepting applications or something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back