Said it's a new sign (new sign)
Oh, what a new day

Pickin' up?*
Are you pickin' up now?*
VOL love, PHIL love (protect us)

-- the song is 'Positive Volbrations', by Vol Marley

Nevermind...I See that we are arguing, this morning.

Last edited:
I think he has probably devoted today to building the fences around his team and process. He's talking with the AD staff, assigning roles, establishing search parameters, the criteria to use in judging options, and forming a first list of priority candidates to approach.

Once that's done, he will probably make a few calls today to let those top candidates know that he'd like to talk with them in earnest tomorrow or early next week.

But he's going to keep all this quiet and in-house, because he doesn't want to distract from the SEC CG.

That'd be my guess.

He should hire Jon Gruden...

Announce it at halftime of the game, blow up the college football world and tell them that The Vols are back!

Flipping the middle finger to all of the national media in the process.

Reactions: 6 people
Why have no recruits decommitted or even opened up recruiting(that I've heard) since this thing exploded on Sunday? Does Phil already have a coach?

SOON?

"Coach in Waiting" are just words that mean nothing and can cause more problems in the future. I too would like to see Tee come back, just not as HC at this time.

Wouldn't bother me at all. Watching the USC game last night he called a great game. I'd be interested in who he would surround himself with.

Reactions: 1 person
No I just read it. Plain and Simple. If you dont like what I read feel free to no longer comment.

No, I just think you're incorrect in your reading. You're trying too hard to find something that isn't in Phil's response.

It's not that I "like" your reading or don't like it, this isn't a case of feelings and hugs and love, it's simply that I think you're wrong.

Phil Fulmer is going into this search with a really good sense of what it takes to be a successful head coach in the SEC, and particularly at Tennessee. He has a lot of this stuff about criteria already deep in his bones. He doesn't have to brainstorm it in a room with the staff the way Currie probably did (or should have).

At the same time, he knows that no one person always gets it right, and that bouncing your thoughts off others makes you even better. So he'll do that, too.

Right now, he is leaving all options open as he initiates all that process.

If you think you see anything more than that in his response, you're misreading him.

Reactions: 1 person
Why have no recruits decommitted or even opened up recruiting(that I've heard) since this thing exploded on Sunday? Does Phil already have a coach?

SOON?

Cade eliminated TN and the QB from Cali announced he was visiting other schools since Sunday.

He should hire Jon Gruden...

Announce it at halftime of the game, blow up the college football world and tell them that The Vols are back!

Flipping the middle finger to all of the national media in the process.

Heh, Duck, while that would be hugely entertaining for many of us, that's not Phil's way.

He will be very respectful of the pageantry of the SEC CG and the SEC community. This is a day for championship contests, not coaching search news. Phil will act in that spirit.

I think they call and up the number a bit and see what he says...

Up from the original $10.3? $7.5? Or Jimbo’s reported $7 at TAM??

Also, in my opinion th next coach will have to take on a renegade “it’s us against the world” mantalility....who does that fit best ?

Guden ? I think so...
Miles ? I think so....
Cut ? I dont think so and that is OK...
Tee ? Not sure, here is where I think experience may hurt

No, I just think you're incorrect in your reading. You're trying too hard to find something that isn't in Phil's response.

It's not that I "like" your reading or don't like it, this isn't a case of feelings and hugs and love, it's simply that I think you're wrong.

Phil Fulmer is going into this search with a really good sense of what it takes to be a successful head coach in the SEC, and particularly at Tennessee. He has a lot of this stuff about criteria already deep in his bones. He doesn't have to brainstorm it in a room with the staff the way Currie probably did (or should have).

At the same time, he knows that no one person always gets it right, and that bouncing your thoughts off others makes you even better. So he'll do that, too.

Right now, he is leaving all options open as he initiates all that process.

If you think you see anything more than that in his response, you're misreading him.

Not to be disrespectful, but your last sentence should have 'in my opinion' at the end.

You are speculating along with everyone else. Unless you have spoken to Phil post-presser, you are in guess mode.

Reactions: 2 people
FYI talked to huge dollar Barn guy. Gus is gone to Pig City. Beating the Gumps made him millions

I wonder if Reid Sigmon will stay on as assistant AD or if he leaves and Blackburn comes back..Fulmer only has a 2 year deal. Blackburn could get it in his contract that he will takeover as AD once Fulmer retires.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back