Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're on sir!!!!! Talked to one source again today. Despite some obvious route changes, this thing is still headed in the same direction. All part of the plan I guess? I don't know exactly what my sources knew or how much they knew about whatever personal politics are going on in there, but I do know that ever since the Schiano debacle and the ensuing outrage, there's been a serious push to give us what we want. at this point I think they know it'll cost them too much not to make a serious run at Gruden.

Sounds like the infighting on our end stalled the deal a little, but still, If we don't hear the news by sundown Monday I'll eat my hat.

Paul Revere says: Little orange guy with the blonde bowl cut to the hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance2:

I'm on board always have been. I get screenshot text from family at the course or club and it's always.....almost.....almost and welll...butttt. I'm still on board but the bull **** is getting old. Not your fault but good lord man. Enough is enough.

It is still depressing out in gen pop.

Kevin Steele talk, the next guy better be better than Leach, Finebaum said...yada yada yada

I can't imagine how close we all were to the end of UT as I/we all know it.. I faltered and was making plan B plans..Apologize..Status quo was such I had hit my tipping point. ( My family and friends were really shocked about that) I was ready to pull support and be casual. Thankful Phil and positive invisible/visible hands will get this right

Reactions: 4 people
This has been such a good day, ya’ll. We got Cruddy Currie out and Phil in. Gruden to the Hill!

I love all VolNation for what was accomplished. I’ve only been here 2 months, but it’s been the best 2 months. You guys are some bomb ass people.

Then, in personal news, I transferred to another facility within my company today. Somewhere i am wanted and needed after giving my all for 13 years to a toxic place that is just a sinking ship. I never thought football would help me in my personal work life, but I really believe seeing thousands of people stand up for what’s right, gave me the confidence to stand up for myself.

I have mind peace. And freakin A, it feels so good.

200w.gif
Awesome Arya .... I bet your not the only one who gained a sense of empowerment from this interesting turn of events either .

Reactions: 1 person
Does anyone else feel relaxed?

I haven't felt this relaxed about the coaching situation at UT since the beginning of the season.

Now it's like a huge weight has been lifted and I can trust that Fulmer will do the best job he can and get us the best coach available.

Or it's the moonshine..

Or maybe both..

Reactions: 4 people
What a week....I really do hope someone makes a documentary on “how the fans and VFLs took Tennessee back.”

My wife had her first ultra sound today. What an experience to hear our child’s heart beat for the first time.

Happens to be the same day I see Fulmer get announced as AD. My chattanooga guys were doing everything they could to make a change but the fans and a few big boys made this happen. I had received multiple texts saying how our passion fueled the boosters to fight even harder. Normally the fighting stays in house and if they lose no one hears about it. Some of these men have donated their time, money and heart it’s almost impossible to walk away. Well several were close to doing that. Thank God VN prevailed.

What an emotional day for me, in a good way. Hope to hear some updates regarding a large white whale 🐳 soon...
If it's a boy make him a Jr and call him Duece. Congratulations

Letter Fulmer just sent out to UT supporters

Sara,

Earlier today, Chancellor Davenport asked me to serve as the leader of our athletics department. I accepted without hesitation. It is an honor to be your Director of Athletics at the University of Tennessee during this time in our storied history. It was an easy decision because of how much I care about the University of Tennessee and the people that support it.

This university is a wonderful place. I appreciate your past philanthropic support and I know that you are committed to this great university and our tremendous student-athletes moving forward. I’m ready to lead our 20 sport programs and more than 500 student-athletes. However, my immediate responsibility is to find the next leader of our football program who will guide us back to a championship level. It will not be easy and we need you – as a true stakeholder – to help me unite our Tennessee family. This is a great and proud place, with wonderful history, great people, great resources, and great fans. There’s a reason we’re one of the top 10 winningest programs in the history of college football and we will return to that level again.

Thank you for your support, let’s go win championships.

Go Vols & Lady Vols,

Reactions: 35 people
The kind that won't get banned?

I won't apologize for my apparent immunity, because I've been banned before.

I admit I've posted some heinous **** here, and suffered no consequence. Don't understand it, but I owe Freak.

I can't imagine how close we all were to the end of UT as I/we all know it.. I faltered and was making plan B plans..Apologize..Status quo was such I had hit my tipping point. ( My family and friends were really shocked about that) I was ready to pull support and be casual. Thankful Phil and positive invisible/visible hands will get this right

Same here!

Yes, Fulmer is on twitter. I'm sure this was addressed...didn't want you to think I wasn't going to reply. If you google "University of Tennessee Administration," you'll find a list of literally everyone. Click on their picture and it pulls up the info needed. Still many pages behind trying to catch up.

pfulmer@tennessee.edu

alright folks, let's send him congratulatory emails, and encourage him to pursue gruden.

remember, this is not a protest. this is support and suggestion ... amirite?

Reactions: 6 people
Update!

GV will have any update to make you proud.

You do know that you are a gifted writer... don't you? Never sell yourself short..Believe you have a gift. Placed several writers over the years..and you have the gift, Sam. Confident creativity with discipline :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back