Feldman Article - AD/Booster In-fighting may sabotage Leach Deal

Currie finally gets it right, but Fulmer wants to be AD. Is that the gist of it? Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Reactions: 1 person
If this forces the Haslam influence out of the AD, I can deal with it.

Think about it for a minute, if we land Leach BUT the same administration that has crippled past coaches with their incompetence is in place what have we really done? Currie and Haslam need to be out the door first and foremost.

No one individual should have that much influence on the program. I don't care how much money he gives.

If it doesn't happen, Leach is the kind of guy that will explain to the world why this screwed up. We should at least get some insight into the death of a storied college football program.

Good point.
I hope he does.

Why does this make sense? "The operation was a success, but the patient died".
Have we come to that?

Are there no adults in the room.. Stop it children. Get this done and then go get your dueling pistols.

no there aren't any adults, and haven't been.

and no, none of this makes sense. it's a complete farse, and cluster f.

but if this in fighting removes jimmy jr's power, and removes inept administrators from being jr's puppets, and gets people that actually care about TN, and are competent at what they do....then yes, this is all worth it. even if it costs us Mike Leach.

those people over there have been making bone headed decisions for 10+ years with no oversight and no handcuffs. and they've ruined this program.

so yeah,, keep fighting. 'bout time as far as i'm concerned.

If this forces the Haslam influence out of the AD, I can deal with it.

Think about it for a minute, if we land Leach BUT the same administration that has crippled past coaches with their incompetence is in place what have we really done? Currie and Haslam need to be out the door first and foremost.

:thumbsup:

Fulmer AD with Blackburn as Assistant AD? I could get behind that. We get some stability I think we could land a lot more people. The job only sucks because of those in power.

no if in fighting results in a currie dismissal and a power restructure, then please keep fighting.

it's not just about a coach.

So let's just sacrifice the program because some did not like Currie.

This all is going back to the butt hurt folks over the AD hire.

Children need to grow up!!!!!!!

Removing Currie alone isn't gonna lessen Haslam's control! Davenport & the President are Haslam's puppets too!We're just gonna miss out on a decent coach! Fulmer should've said or did something before now!Wtf is wrong with him?

Currie has been a dead man walking for 18 days. This was decided a long time ago, and Sexton has probably called every person interested to tell them.

Haslam will have finall call. Fulmer just got promoted to yes man! Despite my feelings he should have been there the whole time, sadly, we're going to nix the Leach hire and get that 'tough minded defensive coach, with a clenched jaw' by God.

First rule when in a hole is to stop digging. The people "in charge" seem to be hell bent on bringing in backhoes...

I reached out to my neighbor this morning to find out what is going on, but he hasn't gotten back with me. I'll let everyone know as soon as we connect. The inner circle...the gift that keeps giving.

Good god. Could they not have done this after Leach was hired. WTF!!?? We can't win for losing!

This is stupid as hell. How the hell do you strip someone of all their power then not fire them. We can't even fire someone right.

Removing Currie alone isn't gonna lessen Haslam's control! Davenport & the President are Haslam's puppets too!We're just gonna miss out on a decent coach! Fulmer should've said or did something before now!Wtf is wrong with him?

UT deserves more than a "decent" coach.

VN Store

Back