*****Breaking; Brohm will be announced as UTs next coach [Hyams admits he jumped gun]

“But he coached Purdue to 6-6”

Did he coach them to 7-6? 7-5? 8-4? Anything over .500?

Nope, not impressed at all.

Purdue's records prior to Brohm:

2013: 1-11
2014: 3-9
2015: 2-10
2016: 3-9

It'd be nice to have a 3 year data set with him at Purdue, but we don't have that. Taking a crap program from an average of about 2 wins/season to 6 in 1 year is impressive though, whether you choose to be impressed by it or not.

Reactions: 2 people
Ugh...getting that feeling again. Every story is referencing the Jimmy Hyams tweet. Anxiety setting in.

omg media - quit reporting it's a done deal... it's not and we may be embarrassed again here if he turns it down and are reporting it is done

Hyams even updated his tweet with an "IF"
good ol Jimmy - sigh

Not seeing any IF in his tweet except for earlier ones.

I bet if you quizzed half of the posters critizing, they would know nothing about Brohm further than his 6-6 record this year. Do some research and educate yourself, then come to a conclusion. I know for a bunch of people on here, that's a lot to ask.

We have done research. He had a highpowered offense at WKU. And literally played against sub par teams 95% of the time.

For those complaining about his record at Purdue, here are his losses:

#16 Louisville, 35-28
#8 Michigan, 28-10
#7 Wisconsin, 17-9
NR Rutgers, 14-12
NR Nebraska, 25-24
#25 Northwestern, 23-13

Lots of close games. For his first year at Purdue, who was 3-9 last year, that's not too shabby.

Reactions: 1 person
If Brohm is indeed the guy I think its a pretty good hire all things considered and with the way the national media is trying to portray us right now it's one we should get behind.

reports are this is NOT a done deal yet - Hyams premature (after just yesterday probably reporting we landed on the moon - go figure)

Jimmy usually waits until he's certain before he puts anything out there. It's why he's always the last to report a breaking story. That's why I find it a bit odd that he's the only one reporting it now.

Reactions: 2 people
Hyams was just interviewed on OTL on ESPN. He said the exact same it is done and Haslam/Peyton are behind this hire and it will be formally announced soon. He also says Haslam will absolutely not allow Currie's firing regardless of what people think.

Note: also said Peyton and Haslam were behind the Schiano deal as well

Last edited:
At this point I'm okay with it, assuming it actually happens. What I'd like now is to hear Currie explain publicly how and why we had to live through Schianogate.

Brohm was in my top 5 and I think he's a better hire than Gundy. I hope this is a done deal and doesn't take a turn south.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back