Kiffin has interest. Just said Currie hasn't asked......

Just got done listening to one of the best interviews I've heard in a very long time. Clay Travis had Lane Kiffin on this morning and the interview was stellar. Clay Travis straight up asked him at the end of the interview if he would come back and save Tennessee football. Lane Kiffin said that John Currie has not reached out to him. He even got more specific by saying that Currie contacted Sexton and said here is the list of people I want to talk to and that John Currie was not interested in speaking to Kiffin. With the level of coach that Lane Kiffin is and his brilliance as a coach, how could you not even ask to interview him? How could you not even interview him?

So the whole coaching search flows through Sexton? Does he represent all the coaches worthy of consideration, is Currie interviewing only coaches Sexton reps, or does Currie have a main list and multiple sub lists? Just the way it was worded sounds very limited/cliquesh. I never heard of Sexton until this started; it seems he is either very powerful or part of the haslam infrastructure. Guess for UT that amounts to the same thing.

Have any of the Kiffin haters took a long look around recently at the program? It is a ****ing plane crash at this point.

Take the chance. Hire Kiffin. He would be cheap. You could give him a one sided contract and he would take it willingly to get back to a power 5 team.

He knows he f***ed Tennessee over. He’s admitted it and said he regretted it. Forgive. Forget. Move forward like adults.

He TOLD us he would leave for USC. It came open. He left. The dude was straight up and people hate him for it. It’s laughable. “HE STOOD BY HIS WORD! HES NOT TRUSTABLE!” He literally did exactly what he said he would do. Get over it. This place is a smoldering pile of horse chit right now. Bring in the guy with big enough balls to tell everyone, including Nick Saban, to go *blank* themselves.

Reactions: 10 people
I cannot speak for all Tennessee fans but I have been one for 70 years. Our football program is a disaster looking for a coach. I SAY HIRE KIFFIN ...........LIKE TRUMP........WHAT THE _ _ _ _ HAVE WE GOT TO LOSE .....NOBODY WANTS THIS JOB.

Reactions: 4 people
Maybe, just maybe, Currie actually looked at Kiffin’s average of less than 8 wins a season as HC, being left on the tarmac by his boss at USC after 5 games in season five, and that after 2 years the best coach in probably the history of college football couldn’t stand him as reason not to call him.

Reactions: 2 people
Hell, they could let Currie hire the guy, then Fire Currie and the administration can save face if he fails and say they didn’t hire him.

I liked Kiffin when he was here. I never blamed him when he took his dream job at USC who wouldn't have? I thought the departure was ungracious and poorly handled by him. Would I welcome him back? Yes

Reactions: 5 people
So the whole coaching search flows through Sexton? Does he represent all the coaches worthy of consideration, is Currie interviewing only coaches Sexton reps, or does Currie have a main list and multiple sub lists? Just the way it was worded sounds very limited/cliquesh. I never heard of Sexton until this started; it seems he is either very powerful or part of the haslam infrastructure. Guess for UT that amounts to the same thing.
Sexton represents a majority of football coaches. He almost has a monopoly on it. He’s bad news and schools need to quit doing business with him. If programs would blacklist him, coaches would probably drop him as their agent.

Reactions: 1 person
Just got done listening to one of the best interviews I've heard in a very long time. Clay Travis had Lane Kiffin on this morning and the interview was stellar. Clay Travis straight up asked him at the end of the interview if he would come back and save Tennessee football. Lane Kiffin said that John Currie has not reached out to him. He even got more specific by saying that Currie contacted Sexton and said here is the list of people I want to talk to and that John Currie was not interested in speaking to Kiffin. With the level of coach that Lane Kiffin is and his brilliance as a coach, how could you not even ask to interview him? How could you not even interview him?

Kiffin also likes to troll...it’s kind of his thing.

its time to hollar scream it everyone let your voices be heard today spread it out there . HIRE LANE KIFFIN TODAY

Reactions: 7 people
Clay Travis reported last night that Currie has not reached out to Tee Martin yet either. It makes you wonder what exactly Currie is doing with his committee of one.

The real question is wtf is Currie still employed!? It's beyond mind blowing

Reactions: 4 people
LANE KIFFIN is NOT a good HC!!! Good Lord.

Has everyone on this freaking board forgot what that ******* did to this program????

WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SITUATION IF HE HAD ANY SHRED OF DIGNITY.

And you dopes wanna bring back this douche.

It's obvious the opioid epidemic is RAMPANT in TN.

We have all made mistakes, I know that I have, in life. Said and done crazy and even stupid things.
It is how we learn. We are at the bottom of the barrel.

I never thought I would see our VOLS in this kind of position. It is heart breaking.

Call Kiffin Currie and sit down with him. Talk and listen to see if the guy has matured. There is nothing to lose other than 1 hour of time.

They are totally ignoring him as a prospect at all. He is far better coach than the names I heard today. If they aren't going to contact Kiffin at all then Venables of some other top Coordinator would be better than the coaches at lower level schools.

I'm reading through all of this #HireKiffin nonsense and not picking up on ANY irony. Some of us have extremely short memories.

The guy JUST took a job and some are cheering for him to bail on his new team for a "dream job"? Don't be so hypocritical.

If he will jump not once but twice for the better looking girl at the dance, it is a character flaw.
This isn't a marriage, its a job and we need to not be emotional and take the best avaiable option and that means kiffin. Dont cut off your nose to spite your face.

Last edited:
lETS FACE FACTS..............i BELIEVE CURRIE IS BEING LED AROUND BY A LEASE TELLING WHO HE CAN HIRE AND WHO HE CANNOT HIRE. FANS TOLD THE ADMINISTRATION HOW THEY FELT ABOUT THE NEW JERSEY DUDE. NOW, WE NEED TO LET THEM KNOW HOW BAD WE WANT KIFFIN BACK. YES......I AM YELLING BECAUSE TENNESSEE IS NOW THE LAUGHING STOCK OF AMERICA. I WANT THE BLEEDING TO STOP WITH A BIG NAME HIRE. KIFFIN IS THAT NAME. I HONESTLY BELIEVE THERE IS NOT A UNIVERSITY IN THE COUNTRY RIGHT NOW THAT KIFFIN HAD RATHER BE AT THAN TENNESSEE. I PERSONALLY BELIEVE THAT WE MIGHT ACCIDENTALLY LOSE HIM TO A PRO TEAM BUT NOT A UNIVERSITY. COME ON FOLKS LET'S SUPPORT HIM IN A BIG WAY AND ALL THIS CRAP WILL STOP.

Last edited:
Short memories? Memories of a flea. Vols were fortunate Lane snuck out of town before major NCAA compliance issues arose. Dooley and Butch had to dig out of the personnel hole created by Lane - running off squad members - ditching Tajh Boyd and other Fulmer recruits out of arrogance - signing a thug class that ended up in jail. You might say it was like a 2 year probation due to an incompetent immature coach. Look Lane is a decent offensive coach no doubt. Should he be hired to head up a p5 football team? He needs to show his ability at FAU to do this over a 4 year period. Then adult leaders of a major university might then feel comfortable considering him. His track records at both USC and UT were poor. Relations with superiors was terrible. Maybe boot camp under Saban improved him - no doubt he is a humbler man. I think many fans crave drama and want to be bad boys of the sec. However, no serious AD will hire Kiffin. The extreme risks do not match the rewards.

Has everyone on this freaking board forgot what that ******* did to this program????

But but everyone wants Tee back and he's never been a HC. Now thats a crazy idea

All actual evidence shows otherwisse, and you need to quit being so emotional and think rationally, he is our best option right now. And one of the only coaches that wants it.

The Kiffin love on here is pathetic. He is a good coord and very average as a HC and disliked by just about everyone except jack wagons that are just like him.

I'm reading through all of this #HireKiffin nonsense and not picking up on ANY irony. Some of us have extremely short memories.

The guy JUST took a job and some are cheering for him to bail on his new team for a "dream job"? Don't be so hypocritical.

If he will jump not once but twice for the better looking girl at the dance, it is a character flaw.

And I’m sure you have no problem hiring Brohm who just finished his first year.

VN Store

Back