Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firing Currie and Davenport is a start, but the biggest problem with our University is Haslam's influence...he pulled all the strings. Need to start cleaning house at the top.

Reactions: 3 people
I think Schiano would have been a decent coach and brought a level of toughness back that is sorely needed. We could do worse. BUT...I don't think with his rep as being harsh on players along with the pedo stuff...would make us a team of 2 and 3 stars. Better coached....but a lot less talented than we could be. We would be a 30th ranked class type program imo. We'd still be better than Butch's more talent rich team....but there's no reason we can't have great recruiting classes AND be well coached.

If we hired ****onu we would have been criticized
If we didn't we would have been criticized

Double sided axe and everyone wants to be the executioner

Firing Currie and Davenport is a start, but the biggest problem with our University is Haslam's influence...he pulled all the strings. Need to start cleaning house at the top.

Or just clean it from all directions and throw all of those people into the burning dumpster where they belong.

Schiano was never plan B as I alluded to earlier...even sadder part is I found out about it from one of Urbans very close associates literally as it was going down Sunday afternoon with a text “did you know you are closing in on Schiano? Your crew is up here now are you aware?”

Ill elaborate more once I have time to put the rest of the puzzle together and the timing around it but rest assured this guy was never even on most of our radar until the very last second....which is clearly what Currie wanted.

I am headed to knoxville now...then off to an another location to discuss what measures will help force change. We must demand accountability....pure and simple.

AV, I'm available. Engineering and law background with experience in managing people in both fields. I can run the AD.

Kiffin maybe will come.... he wanted to before, but is not on any ones radar in AD office, hearing Tee is, but Fulmer will never coach at UT again I any capacity

You are probably right Coasty, I just don't believe I will Live to see my University on solid ground again.

Reactions: 1 person

Haslam doesent have to go anywhere if you've got the right balls behind a voice

Enter Blackburn.

He isn't liked because he told Charlie Anderson where to stick it.

This would make an excellent 30 for 30.....and I'm sure this will become a future case study for most sports and business management courses at Universities near you in the not so distant future. I love my vols but damn.......the proverbial one step forward and two steps backwards saying.....not at Tennessee ....it's More like two steps backwards, fall on our @$$ like a frat girl funneling PGA then a ride to the clink for PD. Only at Tennessee!

:dance2: =Gruden Thread at 8 am Yesterday
:lolabove: = (insert coach here) Thread at 9 am
:crazy: =UTAD all day yesterday
:furious3: =All threads at 6pm Yesterday

Nope. They’ve always hated us, but now’s there is proof. They would never recommend Schiano for any other HC job but ours. Now, they have it out for us. I hope they continue to lose money hand over fist and these ESPN commentators trashing vol fans lose their jobs.

Reactions: 2 people
Nope. They’ve always hated us, but now’s there is proof. They would never recommend Schiano for any other HC job but ours. Now, they have it out for us. I hope they continue to lose money hand over fist and these ESPN commentators trashing vol fans lose their jobs.

Never fear, because these asshats are facing layoffs almost monthly now.

We learned that all those claiming inside info and Gruden was coming were liars. Fact
I think SOME definitely were liars...and others simply fed BS from their "sources". Not sure which were which. It's something I suspected all along...but I DID want to believe. In the end...it was just too good to be true.

My email to Davenport

“Yes,

I’m an alum who lives in Dayton. Mam, you were at UC I understand. I thought that might be a good thing when I read about you in the Torchbearer. But, as Mr. Lee Corso says, not so fast my friend.

The mere fact that you can allow, in your position as Chancellor, John Currie as Athletics Director, to continue to degrade our beloved football program and esteemed University is beyond irresponsible. He needs to be fired immediately, if not sooner. The mighty University of Tennessee can do without your reprehensible lack of leadership. In fact, you too should resign immediately, if not sooner. I will not send another cent to my alma mater until the “House of Haslam”, which includes you and Currie, is completely removed. The stain you and John Currie have put on the Hill will be hard to remove. But the stench has to go, and it has to go now!

Thank you, and good day Mam.

Gary”

Reactions: 19 people
I am 100% behind you.

We have to have a different AD a coach that we want and need. It's just painful to see so many totally give up.

Same here. Very hard to watch good people say "oh well, we have to accept less now."

Gruden is absolutely still an option. Just not with current leadership, IMO.

Who do you imagine might actually come to UT after this debacle? Coaches that were once firmly nestled in our "floor" positions are now floating to the ceiling positions.

I don't think the full appreciation of the damage done to UT has set in yet, but it will, and you can thank the Haslams and Currie when it does.

We were in position to get this hire done much earlier in the season, and we sat on firing Butch. Other schools, while maybe having less of a budget to play with, at least have competent leadership and have made quality hires.

I think SOME definitely were liars...and others simply fed BS from their "sources". Not sure which were which. It's something I suspected all along...but I DID want to believe. In the end...it was just too good to be true.

Believe what you want but the way this was handled it is very obvious to me and others that this was a Haslam powerplay, he couldn't have Gruden here and keep his influence because Gruden would not have him meddling in his program. It was a possibility until Haslam went scorched Earth and had his puppet Currie attempt to finalize a deal without full support. This is why we had the meltdown and turn of events as they played out. Nobody won that battle it remains to be seen who will win the war and that is exactly what is playing out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back