Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lane Kiffin or Tee Martin or I give up. Jeff Brohm will do nothing to salvage this.

Kiffin brings excitement, Martin brings his legacy. Brohm brings apathy.

I don't think Currie ever even offered Gruden the job. He had his guy (Schiano) from the get go but kept it so secret. That's probably why Gruden wouldn't (couldn't) say anything because he had never been contacted!!

Could explain the "never say never" and Rocky top comments too: he was throwing it out there that he was interested (another words, "just contact me already guys!"). Could of been a hint to John Currie. Not that Currie cared. Probably the Haslams didn't wanna pay for Gruden's cost.

Reactions: 7 people
Chancellor Davenport,

When will this dog and pony show end? Neither you nor Currie have quelled the madness that transpired on 11/26/17.

As a lifelong Vol, alumnus and supporter of this great institution, I demand answers, but most of all, I demand the best from our leadership. What occurred yesterday is beyond despicable and is widely regarded as reprehensible. There is no way in hell anyone involved could justifiably agree that this was the most viable option to rectify and rejuvenate an already depleted, beleaguered team and fan base. I am physically sick that my alma mater has disregarded what's been screaming in their ear for years - the voice of the fans. We showed up and showed out yesterday, and this is far from over.

To believe John Currie during his press conference on the dismissal of Lyle Allen Jones, Jr., one would have to be completely disassociated with reality or mentally ill. We were promised a coach who will put Tennessee on the path to competing for championships, not an enabler for despicable, heinous acts who just happens to be a bad coach. If UT believes this is apathy, you've seen nothing. Imagine, if you will, a cavernous stadium filled to half capacity (and this is a stretch), a drastic down-turn in apparel and licensed merchandise sales, a tentatively approved $340M stadium renovation and other lavish dreams on the academic and athletic fronts, has UT considered where the funds will come from? It will not come from this fan base. Will the Haslams foot the bill to maintain their death grip on power? This may be the only option left if this is mishandled any worse than it already has been. Further, I believe UT's allegiance to anything Haslam will alienate other well-endowed athletic and academic boosters. It only takes open eyes and ears to realize the contentious battles within the UTAD. It is a well-known truth that no one outside of the Haslams and their puppets cares for the control and power wielded from Jim Haslam. The marionette stopped dancing yesterday because the strings were cut.

The king is one move away from checkmate. It's your turn.

Thank you,

Thoughts anyone?

Yes. Hit send

Reactions: 1 person
Perspective; we haven’t signed the coach I wanted, but my 6-week old is in surgery right now, so in the grand scheme of things that doesn’t matter. Thoughts and prayers appreciated.

My hope: hire a Vol, and unite 100% as a fan base around them, win, lose, or draw.

Prayers and hugs.

someone with the right words needs to help with some of our letters....

Dear Mother F’er is not going do me no good....help me please....Thanks

edit: Thanks Squints, that’ll work for me for a draft if nothing else

I think that's the perfect choice

It lets them know how you feel amd let's them know where they stand

to who?
how high up?
it's gotta go higher than davenport.

Google University of Tennessee Administration, it gives you a list of everyone including their email address. Don't be particular... send an email to all of them. What I did, is to draft an email, copy and paste to each person. I've yet to finish as I'm working on budget requests for next year at work. Let me know should you need additional assistance. Good luck!

As I stated last night Currie is on his way out if the financial obligations can be matched assuming Haslam goes against it. However, it’s appearing as thought butch won’t be working anytime soon so we will owe him 200k per month for 40 months while he’s in the Bahamas. I’ve read that Schiano is looking for some type of settlement. (Hence curries over the top love fest for schiano is his letter). AND NOW if Currie isn’t fired for cause (which is unlikely bc he had the green light from Haslam) we will owe him 100k per month for 48 months. I mean those dollars start to add up. We better hope and pray Ergen and others are willing to foot the bill.

“Currie's contract states if he is fired without cause, he would be due $100,000 times the number of months left on his contract which runs through June of 2022.” Hubbs reported this

Reactions: 3 people
No... I still got you brother.... I actually placed very few on ignore, easier for me to choose to ignore ..lol

We are all Vols my friend

Good to know, I never meant any disrespect!
And right on, we just want our tradition and pride back. Is it really too much to ask? (Looking at you Haslam)

For people who really want to email the Chancellor, I think you should reference the fact that under the current organization tree at the University she is responsible for supervision of the athletic director. I would also suggest that you cc: President DiPietro and your state Representative and state Senator (if you're a Tennessee resident). I'd keep it short and respectful and omit the cryptic analogies.

Reactions: 3 people
Lane Kiffin or Tee Martin or I give up. Jeff Brohm will do nothing to salvage this.

Kiffin brings excitement, Martin brings his legacy. Brohm brings apathy.

I posted this in on a different thread...

“Lane may be a loose canon, and might not always think before he speaks, but he’s a lot smarter than people give him credit for. This would be too big of a risk for him.

If he comes back, half the fans won’t accept him. No one in the AD will, truly, trust him. And if he doesn’t succeed, the fan base will eat him alive.”

“Plus, the AD’s not going to take that risk, during this PR nightmare.”.

I don't "know" him, just interacted with him multiple times, and know his family somewhat.

Just for reference, when someone tells me someone else is a "stand up guy" it's more than just interacting with him a few times.

Not hatin' on ya just different perspective.

I got nothing against the guy just tired of getting sloppy seconds on hirings

Chancellor Davenport,

When will this dog and pony show end? Neither you nor Currie have quelled the madness that transpired on 11/26/17.

As a lifelong Vol, alumnus and supporter of this great institution, I demand answers, but most of all, I demand the best from our leadership. What occurred yesterday is beyond despicable and is widely regarded as reprehensible. There is no way in hell anyone involved could justifiably agree that this was the most viable option to rectify and rejuvenate an already depleted, beleaguered team and fan base. I am physically sick that my alma mater has disregarded what's been screaming in their ear for years - the voice of the fans. We showed up and showed out yesterday, and this is far from over.

To believe John Currie during his press conference on the dismissal of Lyle Allen Jones, Jr., one would have to be completely disassociated with reality or mentally ill. We were promised a coach who will put Tennessee on the path to competing for championships, not an enabler for despicable, heinous acts who just happens to be a bad coach. If UT believes this is apathy, you've seen nothing. Imagine, if you will, a cavernous stadium filled to half capacity (and this is a stretch), a drastic down-turn in apparel and licensed merchandise sales, a tentatively approved $340M stadium renovation and other lavish dreams on the academic and athletic fronts, has UT considered where the funds will come from? It will not come from this fan base. Will the Haslams foot the bill to maintain their death grip on power? This may be the only option left if this is mishandled any worse than it already has been. Further, I believe UT's allegiance to anything Haslam will alienate other well-endowed athletic and academic boosters. It only takes open eyes and ears to realize the contentious battles within the UTAD. It is a well-known truth that no one outside of the Haslams and their puppets cares for the control and power wielded from Jim Haslam. The marionette stopped dancing yesterday because the strings were cut.

The king is one move away from checkmate. It's your turn.

Thank you,

Thoughts anyone?

Can I send this too? I’m no diamond level donor, but I am a donor!

Is there anyway UT can clean house? Can we fire all of the BOT members, Chancellor Davenport and Currie? Is that even possible? President Joe also? I feel like UT needs to hit the refresh button with all ppl In charge of making decisions. Along with keeping HOH as far away from UT as possible!

+1

I would LOVE to see a post by someone who actually knows the makeup of the BoT --Jim vs Jimmy vs both, which boosters are actually on the BoT, is there a separate athletic BoT, all that.

An awful lot of people name names, and there's not a ton of consistency among them.

What do we really know about who runs things in this lunatic asylum?

Members – UT Board of Trustees

I feel like I've accomplished something in life.

@CasualPint_NSH has closed the account
@flyerwarriorTN has taken his account private after copy/pasting apologies on twitter

A report from Knox News reached out to him on Twitter to get a statement

Good freaking riddance.

Reactions: 9 people
I posted this in on a different thread...

“Lane may be a loose canon, and might not always think before he speaks, but he’s a lot smarter than people give him credit for. This would be too big of a risk for him.

If he comes back, half the fans won’t accept him. No one in the AD will, truly, trust him. And if he doesn’t succeed, the fan base will eat him alive.”

“Plus, the AD’s not going to take that risk, during this PR nightmare.”.

The AD can't really hire anyone we'd all get behind at this point to be fair. Tee Martin is as close as you'll get to a universally supported hire, and that's a stretch too.

The AD can't really hire anyone we'd all get behind at this point to be fair. Tee Martin is as close as you'll get to a universally supported hire, and that's a stretch too.

I would rather have an older coach. We need a steady hand at the wheel right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back