Official Jon Gruden Thread XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, several on this forum say I don’t have the temperament of a successful business person yet they never have met a investment banker in their life. Maybe I will pick one person from this forum to “validate me” in confidentiality without giving up my identity.

I could definitely use some financial advice...
LoL

Ok, just for an exercise. I'm an athletic director for a (used to be) big time school in a conference that has produced 30 something national championships, and I have a coach who is failing the team, the fan base and the expectations of everyone else. So what do I do ? I announce a major expenditure on a stadium upgrade before I fire the failing coach and hire a nobody to come take his place and live happily ever after. I don't buy it. It's Gruden or it's the nobody and Currie is gone.

Reactions: 3 people
Funny, several on this forum say I don’t have the temperament of a successful business person yet they never have met a investment banker in their life. Maybe I will pick one person from this forum to “validate me” in confidentiality without giving up my identity.

I know several investment bankers, their temperaments run from very professional to childish and petty. Just like any other job or field.
That being said we will know in the next 72 hours who had the right info and who didn't.
Regardless it has been one hell of a ride that I have fully enjoyed. Everyone enjoy the game and the next couple of days. Cheers.

Reactions: 3 people
You're here aren't you?

If it weren't for Beaver, troll or not, where would you be? The Mullen thread?

i liked the post a couple pages back where the guy said as much...you know, it's as much about the characters as anything else...in the case of the mighty beaver though, it's really just so much bullshido that it stinks the whole place up

fyi, I don't need beaver to validate himself. I could care less about his true identity. That doesn't really prove anything anyway. The only proof we'll ever have or need is when the next coach is at the podium.

Funny, call him a liar and a phony before you even know for sure. And he's the only attention whore?

Reactions: 4 people
Ok, just for an exercise. I'm an athletic director for a (used to be) big time school in a conference that has produced 30 something national championships, and I have a coach who is failing the team, the fan base and the expectations of everyone else. So what do I do ? I announce a major expenditure on a stadium upgrade before I fire the failing coach and hire a nobody to come take his place and live happily ever after. I don't buy it. It's Gruden or it's the nobody and Currie is gone.

It’s Gruden or Currie is gone? 😂😂 oh hell I’ve heard it all now

Well apparently we are getting an announcement tomorrow. My Grudeometer is 100%
I was here in 2012 and only gave botch credit for finally getting the players we needed to right th ship I never really post and the Gruden threads have been the only place I generally share anything. I believe this time everything was done right. The time was right and G wants the job....If by chance it's not G I believe you won't ever see him coaching again because being fired can be a confidence killer. JMO
BUENOS GRUDOS

I have been out for a few days for a family emergency, missed a few Gruden threads, are we still good to go for Gruden?
I have noticed a lot of coaching chatter in the last 24 hours. I love it that UF didn't get their man, just hope we get ours.

That's fine. I'm not interested in pissing in anybody's cheerio's.

I am on record as saying that I want Gruden as HC. He and Petersen are my top choices. So, to quote many of our "insiders", "I'm not trolling".

If Gruden is announced, I will be back in here to take my lumps. I just wonder if beaver will promise to do the same if somebody else is announced.

That is fine then. Just don't be an ass. And no need to throw troll out when any of us could be. Just try to enjoy it if you can.

Why on earth do you care?

This is the sort of thing that makes people skeptical. You come off sounding like a rich kid that hasn't grown up yet, with some family and friends with connections. Some sort of wanna-be Messiah. Note: maybe you aren't, but that's how you appear.

I sent my kids to Webb. I've seen enough rich kids for one lifetime.

Consider modeling your online persona on 'Boro Vol. Love him or hate him, he states what he believes and doesn't worry about how he's perceived.

Anyway, go Vols! Gruden to the Hill!

get this totally rational take on things outta here! :)

Reactions: 1 person
I think people are just having fun with it. The incessant trolling and negative **** is what is concerning. Why can't people enjoy the Gruden threads without being hounded all the time.

Believe MIT_Beaver or don't, believe Boro or don't. Why are people so interested in what other people believe?

Why do you care about what people think of beaver? How does it affect your life at all?

Did I say whether I did or didn’t believe him? I have been on these since Gruden 1. I just find the excessive fawning a bit creepy. I enjoy his posts. Boro is a class act who I have great respect for on the board.

Reactions: 1 person
If we announce a coach that is not Gruden, I will always wonder why he didn't shoot down the possibility a long time ago.

This right here is the one reason why I believe it may be him. For the life of me, I can't think of one logical reason as to why he wouldn't just come out and say, "thanks, but no thanks," if he wasn't interested.

Even if there was interest and a deal fell through, he could have come out and said that he was happy where he was and he appreciates the offer and he loves Tennessee...

But just to let this go on and on means he is either our coach...or he is a ______________.

Reactions: 2 people

When we will get the surprise?

Reactions: 2 people
This right here is the one reason why I believe it may be him. For the life of me, I can't think of one logical reason as to why he wouldn't just come out and say, "thanks, but no thanks," if he wasn't interested.

Even if there was interest and a deal fell through, he could have come out and said that he was happy where he was and he appreciates the offer and he loves Tennessee...

But just to let this go on and on means he is either our coach...or he is a ______________.

His agent would do it. Yet hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back