Official Jon Gruden Thread 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the clip to watch!!

[twitter]931207228979326976[/twitter]

giphy.gif

Reactions: 22 people
Jupiter’s temple is in Rome. I don’t think he’s in Rome. Jupiter was the Roman version of Zeus....the lightening god. Maybe sparks are flying. Who knows with beaver. I hope he gives us a cliff notes of all this after the fact
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Isn't Larry the guy that said we hired Charlie Strong last time?

We did hire Charlie Strong dude. The problem was letting him go back to Louisville so he could tell his team and AD. He then changed his mind and stayed at Louisville for one year before he went to Texas.

Do a little research dude.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure I agree with that because it depends on how you want to present the announcement and there may be a number of ways of going about it. Ultimately you want a hire like this to make this biggest impact it can so you announce it at a time and place that generates the biggest buzz. ESPN may want the exclusive to announce the hire, might even have it done during MNF(very unlikely but possible), but if the hire happens I'd say it's probable that ESPN breaks the story first which would immediately get a lot of eyes on the program.

Personally I think the better way to go about it is to announce it early next week, Tuesday or Wednesday, so that the hire dominates the story lines over the weekend when a whole bunch of 16-18 year old kids will be watching football.
Certainly possible...

Jon Gruden is a vfl, always has been, always will be. Why in the living hell would he say that and be trolling us. It would make no sense to hurt an already hurt fanbase.

He is telling us to relax vol nation I'm comeing Go Vols!!!

I think the official announcement may come Monday
Night during the NFL game. Then next tuesday the presser to introduce him at UT.
No inside info for this, the timing just makes sense given where we are today. Its going to be hard to keep a lid on this for 11 more days to get to the monday or tuesday after Vandy.
Look for any new "real" info to be very scarce from here on out. But in my opinion, no "real" news is good news.

It will not be announced on NFL.

Reactions: 1 person
Charlie, don’t apologize for anything..that’s what we’re here for because we are not just all wanting the same thing but we’re also family..I had a couple of bad days last week and poured my heart out and don’t regret it for a second..Thoughts and prayers were felt..But we’re glad you’re back...:hi:

SOON

:devilsmoke:

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks to everyone who keep this thread going. Most fun we vol fans have had in 10+ years. Unfortunately there is no grudenmania for a Tennesseean in Ireland so thank you.

Reactions: 5 people
I love Beaver but that tweet didn't exude confidence in this "done deal" whatsoever and that is concerning. Maybe he took a shot at Ainge because he has been so pro-Butch even after his firing? I am wondering why the other posters who have said they think it is done and has been for a couple of days have continued with their confidence? VolinExile and SFD have been confident and post to each other often, but they also are respected posters.

I stated as clearly as I possibly could this morning as to why I was confident. Click on my name and look back through my post history to see.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back